Elder Scrolls Online

Hurlshort

So it sounds like a few folks here are planning on playing ESO, so I thought we should get a thread going.  I'd really like us to put an Obsidian Order Guild together.  The nice part is you can join a few different guilds, so you won't be limited to one.  Does anyone know if guild members have to be in the same faction?  I hope not, but I haven't investigated much.

• Like 1

So it sounds like a few folks here are planning on playing ESO, so I thought we should get a thread going.  I'd really like us to put an Obsidian Order Guild together.  The nice part is you can join a few different guilds, so you won't be limited to one.  Does anyone know if guild members have to be in the same faction?  I hope not, but I haven't investigated much.

This is an excellent idea, I'll be following everyones updates around TESO and let you know when I purchase the game :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am level 7 now and the game starts to take off, finally. I am finding more armors and weapons and I can finally craft some interesting things.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

True, it won't ever be the same if I can't get wieners in my game. Though, there actually is a "add-ons" button in the main menu. But it's probably just for interface stuff.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dangit, I should've have looked at the preorder page. Mudcrab pet! Dangit....

*goes off to read lukewarm reviews to temper desire for a mudcrab pet....*

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So if you pre-order the $79 pack, can you try it for the 5 days as soon as you order, or does it mean you get to play 5 days early? (March 31, say)

$80 is cheaper than that NW:Online pack I bought, so eh...well, we'll see. I need more info about micro-transactions (there are micro-transactions, right?) I do kinda object to subscription plus micro-transaction model, even if the micro-transactions are vanity oriented. I'd rather they offer an optional higher monthly tier ($20-25/m, for example) that includes the vanity stuff instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The mudcrab is part of the digital Imperial edition. If I were to pay early for this game, I must have mudcrab. The horse I don't care about. Imperial race ... can take it or leave it, although the Imperial armor stuff sounds interesting.

From what I'm reading, crafting-alts may be ... optimal. I hear my task-obsessive nature calling. Still, ES and I don't tend to = longevity so that makes me hesitate on a personal level. :) Looks very pretty, however. And I like that it seems you can explore quite extensively even if that means you're most likely going to die. What I'd be most interested in is what lvl25+ people think, but I think that's still off-limits to discuss or something.

Seeing that even the cheapest horse in the game already costs 17k money, I'd rather pick the horse than the useless mudcrab. :>

Does anyone know if guild members have to be in the same faction?  I hope not, but I haven't investigated much.

You can be a member of a guild of any faction, but you can only hold control points and such (I suppose pvp-related stuff) for a guild you share the faction with.

It took our Art Director 24 hours to download the beta.

Whut.

Was he doing it during the beta?  I did it a couple days beforehand and it downloaded in a couple hours with no problems.

You should see the looks on peoples faces when they realize he is a she.

"Does that make me sexist?"

• Like 1

Seeing that even the cheapest horse in the game already costs 17k money, I'd rather pick the horse than the useless mudcrab. :>

The mudcrab and horse are in the same package ... don't have to choose, can have both!

It's not that I'd mind having a horse, I'm sure it's handy at times, but I never really liked horse riding in Skyrim, so I doubt I'd like it that much here.

Whut.

Was he doing it during the beta?  I did it a couple days beforehand and it downloaded in a couple hours with no problems.

No it doesn't but Hurlshot has some serious soul searching to do :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Whut.

No it doesn't but Hurlshot has some serious soul searching to do :biggrin:

We live in a Post-Josh Mattingly world.

I am divided whether I should buy it. On one hand, it's an MMO. On the other, I can play as a Khajiit. CHOICES CHOICES.

Buy it, and if its bad then you can blame your decision on some person that told you to do it on the Obsidian forums. This way your credibility stays intact :thumbsup:

John Milton 

• 2 weeks later...