South Park and the Spanish disappointment.

First, I would like to apologize for my English.

A few months ago Ubisoft bought the game South Park: The Stick of True. Although you may believe that no, this serie is quite famous in Spain and THQ promised Spanish dub the game.

The Spanish players community, which has purchased 3 million Playstation 3 was pretty excited about the new game from Obsidian. Important forums worldwide as Meristation carry forward following the game and each trailer comes out.

What happened? The Spanish community has learned that the final game will come without dubbing.

The outrage is enormous, since the series has great dub and his followers have been upset.

Spanish is spoken by 400 million people worldwide.

Lords of Ubisoft and Obsidian, then you dont ask because you dont sell the game when you dont take care the users.

Good luck with the game.

Why would you want to dub over the original anyway? Aren't subtitles enough (I'm pretty sure the game will be subbed in Spanish)?

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

It just dont has any sense, because it's  silly dub game to any language over Matt Stone and Trey Parker voices.I agree with you, what it's not comfortable to read subtitles and miss replics, that are not subtitled (I'm from Russia, and i have same problems too), but sure, they try hard to animate this game.

Why would you want to dub over the original anyway? Aren't subtitles enough (I'm pretty sure the game will be subbed in Spanish)?

It's pretty understandable if SouthPark the series is dubbed as well and you are used to that.

Sure is understandable; but is it really as essential as implied?

I've used to subtitles in the series. I don't need them to understand what is being said in general, but they are helpful with some referential jokes that may need to be translated to a bit different form to be funny in my language, and few words I'm not familiar with (or can't make out due to the way it is being said -- or a combination of these things). I don't believe Finnish subtitles make their way in the game, so I'll have to make do. Not a biggie.

Anyways....

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

For you it isn't. For me it would be. If I would have to play this in any other language than English, I wouldn't play the game. If it doesn't have the recognizable SouthPark voices, it wouldn't be SouthPark to me, and I would not play it.

I have no problem playing other games with subtitles, but not with characters I know.

For you it isn't. For me it would be. If I would have to play this in any other language than English, I wouldn't play the game. If it doesn't have the recognizable SouthPark voices, it wouldn't be SouthPark to me, and I would not play it.

THIS! In Germany, South Park is (obviously) dubbed - with great vocal actors (in my oppinion). There are a lot of tv series I watch in english because I like the original voices better (or just because the show isn't available in german atm). I'm able to understand english without problems and even without subtitles... but I would prefer the german dubbed version here. 

This is why I'm glad everything other than kids' shows is subtitled here in Portugal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: