What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Playing Stick of Truth. Never really watched South Park (although familiar with the show enough to recognize certain things), but am enjoying the game (even if some of it is laughing out loud while feeling vaguely guilty that I'm laughing ;) )

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Microtransactions aren't an issue for Dead Space 3, you should play it co-op with a friend though.

Wish I could. The hallucinations the second player has are what I'd really like to see. But alas.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Doesn't say if it works with Enemy within. The Exalt missions are kinda annoying, but I would'nt want to do without the mechs and supesoldiers.  

EDIT : actually it says it doesn't in the first sentence of the description. :p

It was originally a mod for EU, the beta version is the EW-compatible (and expanded featurewise) version - the description isn't updated for the beta.

Were you able to get the mod to work with mechs and supersoldiers. If I start a regular game the new features are there, but no meld. If I start an EW game there are no new features. Wasn't sure if the patch rollback was relevant anymore, I mean you NEED that for the new content don't you ?.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Stick of Truth is such fun. Obsidian nailed this game like a **** in Mr Slave. This might even be the best game made by Obsidian, all things considered. 

Yeah, besides from everything else they did well, I think Obsidian deserves major credit for nailing the "atmosphere" of South Park.  It really feels like you're playing an interactive episode of the actual show.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Beat Dead Space 2 over the weekend. I really liked it. Enough that I'm giving strong consideration to ordering Dead Space 3 despite my worry about how microtransactions might have influenced it.

You can completely ignore the microtransaction aspect. It's a good game, overall.

But how's the atmosphere? I thought DS2 was a nice shooter with horror elements, but it didn't scare me anywhere near the amount the first game did (except that bit where

you end up back on the Ishimura *shiver*

).

I think the more streamlined combat contributed to that (in DS you sort of had this feeling you were in a heavy suit, so getting jumped from behind was baaaaaaad as you couldn't just spin around UT-style), but maybe knowing (roughly) what was going on also sort of dampened the scare factor.

I wouldn't really call Dead Space 3 horror....

More like the transition from horror to action that happened when Alien transitioned to Aliens.

I was horrified by all those microtransactions.

Jokes aside I played through the whole campaign without spending real money on anything and I never felt short of resources or hampered in any way. I think DS3 is one of those games where the extras you pay for break the game rather than add to it. 

• Like 1

"Yeah, besides from everything else they did well, I think Obsidian deserves major credit for nailing the "atmosphere" of South Park.  It really feels like you're playing an interactive episode of the actual show."

Considering the show creators were watching Obsidian like hawks this isn't surprising at all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Yeah, besides from everything else they did well, I think Obsidian deserves major credit for nailing the "atmosphere" of South Park.  It really feels like you're playing an interactive episode of the actual show."

Considering the show creators were watching Obsidian like hawks this isn't surprising at all.

They also handpicked Obsidian for the job, so of all the game companies in the world they choose Obsidian.

But that was probably cause they were within driving distance.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I thought DS2 was a nice shooter with horror elements, but it didn't scare me anywhere near the amount the first game did

I always find it a bit weird how much more I like DS1 over DS2 when you consider how similar they actually are. DS2 felt really linear while DS1 felt a lot less so, in practical terms DS1 was linear, it just gave you some options on which bit of a given plot section you did first but that was enough to mask it better. Plus I found DS2's plot less engaging, while DS1's was nothing particularly special it was handled well. DS2 was a bit too much 'follow instructions of voice in head because you have nothing better to do'. And I found certain sections and particular enemies in DS2 very annoying, far more so than the annoying cylinder monster in DS1.

Haven't played DS3, though I'll get it at some point I don't feel any strong need to.

"They also handpicked Obsidian for the job, so of all the game companies in the world they choose Obsidian.

But that was probably cause they were within driving distance."

And, they were likely cheap and desperate for any gig. I do laugh at you think that you somehow got a 'dig' in at BIO here. L0L

\I doubt BIO/EA were worried. BIO already did a side project with a weird RPG property with Sonic and they treated it like the trash it was. As a useless handheld wannabe. :p I doubt they would have cared about SP enough. And, I doubt EA would have wanted to share any profits with   the SP guys as well.

But, good on Obsidian. Looks like this was one of their successes. I just hope that the flip won't happen with PE because I actually put money on it being awesome.

"They also handpicked Obsidian for the job, so of all the game companies in the world they choose Obsidian.

But that was probably cause they were within driving distance."

And, they were likely cheap and desperate for any gig. I do laugh at you think that you somehow got a 'dig' in at BIO here. L0L

\I doubt BIO/EA were worried. BIO already did a side project with a weird RPG property with Sonic and they treated it like the trash it was. As a useless handheld wannabe. :p I doubt they would have cared about SP enough. And, I doubt EA would have wanted to share any profits with   the SP guys as well.

But, good on Obsidian. Looks like this was one of their successes. I just hope that the flip won't happen with PE because I actually put money on it being awesome.

This isn't how to properly quote other posters. JUUUUUUUST SAAAAYIN'

It's also a blatant misuse of underlined text. Not that anybody appreciates the purpose or value of underlines these days.

I've never really thought of Obsidian and Bioware as competitors.  Given that they've shared two different IP's, I doubt anyone in the two companies thinks of their relationship as adversarial.

If they're in the same industry they're competitors. Apples and oranges are both fruit. If oranges want to succeed, people have to buy less of every other fruit.

Edited by AGX-17

...or convince people to buy both equally, which seems to be the main strategy of most entertainment industries in general. :)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've never really thought of Obsidian and Bioware as competitors.  Given that they've shared two different IP's, I doubt anyone in the two companies thinks of their relationship as adversarial.

If they're in the same industry they're competitors. Apples and oranges are both fruit. If oranges want to succeed, people have to buy less of every other fruit.

Not really.  They are literally apples and oranges.  There is plenty of room in the marketplace for both, they are both successful independently and they work together well in juices and salads.  I doubt apple farmers spend any time at all worrying about the strength of the orange market, or vice versa.  

It would be entirely different if Obsidian and Bioware were on a similar release schedule, or their product were a closer match.  But Dragon Age and PE are very different products that have been marketed in very different ways.    

• Like 1

There's still only so much disposable income and only so much disposable leisure time. But in acknowledging that, the restriction on both being videogame companies is fairly arbitrary, Obsidian and Bioware are about as much competitors as Obsidian and the local cinema, or Bioware and the weekend football match. :sorcerer:

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Meh. They ain't comepting against each other for $. At least not mine. It's not an either/or choice. If I buy BIO Game A it doesn't mean I won't buy Obsidian Game C. IT's silly talk to think otherwise. It's not like people buy one game and that's it.

This isn't the car industry where every potential car owners (not couting Jay leno llol) mayve own 1 or 2 cars max. Most gamers buy multiple games a year. LMAO

Post limit.

"When it's time to change, you've got to re-arrange ... sha-na-na-na..."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts