What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Well I've been putting a lot of time this weekend into TES:O - Beta

The PvP part, especially long sieges, are particularly addictive. The PvE is not really something I'm thrilled about, but then again i do not like MMOs and latest Diablo... TES:O due to its PvP campaign is the first MMO I am even remotely enjoying. And I chose to stay on NA megaserver even though I am from EU, because they have an Orc Guild there.... ORC GUILD...

• Like 1

Just completed Deponia and Chaos on Deponia... now to wait for a sale for Goodbye Deponia...

What game to do, what game to do?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

A 25% off title amongst a list of 50-75% titles though, which is a shame. The current GOG sale is a bit of a flop in general. Actually it apparently was possible to get Deponia 3 and other high-value titles like Aarklash, Amnesia, Memoria, etc in the first few hours of the Pot-of-gold sale, but it's apparent now that it's not so much random in that there are a limited quantity of each title available, and the allocation of said titles has been exhausted very quickly indeed. Picking a random title now picks from a very shallow pool of cheap titles, probably the ones the publisher agreed to have unlimited quantities available for $2.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Eh, the sale probably was mostly meant to give people something new to talk about instead of the regional pricing fiasco.

Finished Draw a Stickman: Epic.

Great game.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Dragon Age 2. Used the save generator to get a pretty different set of DAO variables from what I did before the great reformat brain fart of 2012. :p

Early days yet, but I still don't get the hate this game gets, I'm having a lot of fun.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, but you are a lawyer, so you are wierd.

Yeah, I measure all the games I play to the same standard, instead of applying a different set based on what studio a game was made by. In fact, that probably IS a result of me being a lawyer. :p

• Like 1

$15 is still too expensive (cheapskate).

Got about 100+ games unplayed on Steam and GOG combined, so I can last a while longer for it to be cheaper :).

It makes it really hard to choose which to try next though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Early days yet, but I still don't get the hate this game gets, I'm having a lot of fun.

Wait until you visit the same cave for the umpteenth time.  Not a similar cave, not a mirror image cave, the same exact cave.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, but you are a lawyer, so you are wierd.

Yeah, I measure all the games I play to the same standard, instead of applying a different set based on what studio a game was made by. In fact, that probably IS a result of me being a lawyer. :p

I hold sequels to the standards set by their predecessor(s), and DA2 doesn't hold up. It's a reasonably pretty hack & slasher with boring combat and a shoddy story and even though I wanted to see the other one of the two endings I abandoned my second playthrough very early on.

If I had to score it I'd probably give it 65/100(*), if I had to score it compared to DA:O I might give it 20/100 and I sort of wish reviewers would also make that distinction as being a sequel there's certain expectations that are set. Big departures from core mechanics are usually a bad idea and just ripping out tactical combat when that was one of the main features of the predecessor is not going to go over well (among other things).

The way BioWare handled the entire thing made my respect for them plummet into negatives, but that's not relevant to my opinion on the game (although it is very relevant to the likelihood I will pre-order any of their games again).

Another recent example would be Tomb Raider (the new one), it's a good game and I enjoyed it, but if I had to score it as a Tomb Raider game it'd fail miserably, unfortunately the reviews only take the former into account which imho gives a very skewed view on the game.

* the scores I've used here aren't really well thought out, it's very possible that if I'd bother to write an actual review and work out a proper scoring system they'd be rather different.

On topic: I had some good fun being a dictator in Tropico 3. Though I never managed to get a decent education system going. Oh well, at least my coffers were full and the uneducated were easy to push around ;)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Wait until you visit the same cave for the umpteenth time.  Not a similar cave, not a mirror image cave, the same exact cave.

Yeah, I remember getting a bit tired of that in my final completionist run, but frankly, whether I am in the same cave or in a universe of identical prefabs (ME1), it doesn't really grate me that much. :p

Played a fair amount of Hearthstone, was pretty fun although most of my games were against the AI.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I only have the final mission to go in Dragonfall, unless they pull a Shocking Twist™ and hit me up with a false ending.  Based on how long I've been playing, that's doubtful.  Once I finish, likely tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure what I'm going to play.  I have another Might & Magic X: Legacy playthrough in me, but I'll wait for the DLC to come out for that.  Maybe I'll just play some Serious Sam 3 for some mindless frantic killing goodness or something?  I mean, I have games in the backlog, but I don't want to start something story-based and potentially lengthy with the M&MX DLC just a week and a half away.

/scratches head

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've been looking at graphics comparisons between ESO and Skyrim (especially with ENB), and have been concluding that ESO looks like Morrowind

well i'd be surprised if it would be like Skyrim... I mean we are talking about MMOs, where TOR looks like eraly KOTOR and WoW will get tweaks to its graphics in the new expac...

I'm fine with that kind of graphics, as long as it will reduce the amount of lag ;)

Beat Dead Space 2 over the weekend. I really liked it. Enough that I'm giving strong consideration to ordering Dead Space 3 despite my worry about how microtransactions might have influenced it.

Started up Dark Souls 2 as well. Gameplay is solid as ever. It's weird though, they wanted to get people interested in the story more so they did more exposition at the beginning. But now it seems more directionless. You're just trying to get rid of your curse. No real clear destination to that goal. Dark Souls 1 they start off telling you to ring the bells. And then more goals unravel from that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you do purchase Dead Space 3, you might wish to partake of the Co-op campaign at some point Tale, it adds a gameplay mechanic which in my opinion is very well implemented and quite innovative.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Beat Dead Space 2 over the weekend. I really liked it. Enough that I'm giving strong consideration to ordering Dead Space 3 despite my worry about how microtransactions might have influenced it.

Started up Dark Souls 2 as well. Gameplay is solid as ever. It's weird though, they wanted to get people interested in the story more so they did more exposition at the beginning. But now it seems more directionless. You're just trying to get rid of your curse. No real clear destination to that goal. Dark Souls 1 they start off telling you to ring the bells. And then more goals unravel from that.

Microtransactions aren't an issue for Dead Space 3, you should play it co-op with a friend though.

You can completely ignore the microtransaction aspect. It's a good game, overall.

You can completely ignore the microtransaction aspect. It's a good game, overall.

But how's the atmosphere? I thought DS2 was a nice shooter with horror elements, but it didn't scare me anywhere near the amount the first game did (except that bit where

you end up back on the Ishimura *shiver*

).

I think the more streamlined combat contributed to that (in DS you sort of had this feeling you were in a heavy suit, so getting jumped from behind was baaaaaaad as you couldn't just spin around UT-style), but maybe knowing (roughly) what was going on also sort of dampened the scare factor.