What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Running around with a big David Hasselhoff head in South Park is pretty amusing.

The Hoff? I require a screenshot. :biggrin:

...still playing Banished. After several attempts looking for map seeds I find fun to play, I went back to the one I liked most and decided to try to build a higher pop town (with plenty of food this time) on it again. Bit different layout strategies, making sure I'm producing extra per year before building new hosues etc. ... going smoother so far at 300 pop.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Running around with a big David Hasselhoff head in South Park is pretty amusing.

I'm playing on the XBox360, so I'm not sure I can even do that?  Maybe one of the PC folks could.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished South Park: The Stick of Truth last night.  Great game, I had a blast playing it throughout my 23 or so hours with the game.  I think the length of the game is just right.  It feels like playing through an entire season of South Park, I can't really ask for more than that.  My only complaint, like so many others, is that the game is just too easy.

Also, I know there are reports of bugs on the console versions, but the PC version is solid as a rock.  On my mid-range lappy the game ran perfect.  I did not encounter a single bug, not even so much as some artifacts or visual corruption or audio clipping issues.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh yes, I finished all of Metro: Last Light's DLC missions (after finishing the base game earlier).

I must say the one where you go artifact hunting out from a set location and gradually go farther and farther out was awesome fun and I'd love it if they'd make a game out of it.

Which just reminds me that I'd really really like another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game... *sigh*

The rest of the DLC missions was pretty, well, meh. Not bad, not great either (and the one where you play as a Nazi Heavy felt seriously RNG).

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Which just reminds me that I'd really really like another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game... *sigh*

Touche. :( I just got done manually modding back in the cut mutants for the ZRP mod in Shadow of Chernobyl myself. I dream for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Also, I know there are reports of bugs on the console versions, but the PC version is solid as a rock.  On my mid-range lappy the game ran perfect.  I did not encounter a single bug, not even so much as some artifacts or visual corruption or audio clipping issues.

Must be the PS3/PS4 versions that are buggy, then.  Played on the 360 and I didn't have a single issue.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing on the XBox360, so I'm not sure I can even do that?  Maybe one of the PC folks could.

You can get "The Hoff" at Tom's Rhinoplasty with the 360 version as well. It's really funny when various women around town tell you that can have their body any time you want David Hasselhoff.

Including your mom

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

You can get "The Hoff" at Tom's Rhinoplasty with the 360 version as well. It's really funny when various women around town tell you that can have their body any time you want David Hasselhoff.

Including your mom

I think he meant he doesn't know how to do a screenshot with a 360 or if it's even possible.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Are you aware of Survarium? After GSC folded, some of the devs went on to found Vostok Games... and that's what they are working on.

I hated Metro 2033. Too easy, too linear, too scripted. Is Last Light any better?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Including your mom

I think he meant he doesn't know how to do a screenshot with a 360 or if it's even possible.

This.

I'd mentioned a page or two back that I was running around town with Hasselhoff's head.

Stick of Truth, right now -- Just realized I missed a Chinpokomon in one of the story areas where I apparently can't go back... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU -- Oh, well, I'm game for some more playthroughs. Having a blast with South Park.

Are you aware of Survarium? After GSC folded, some of the devs went on to found Vostok Games... and that's what they are working on.

Thanks for the link, I'll need to do some serious reading up on (and keeping track of) this game!

I was aware GSC folded in rather odd circumstances, wasn't aware the devs went on to create a sequel though (also: istr GSC were talking about taking Stalker 2 to consoles before they folded, which seriously worried me).

I hated Metro 2033. Too easy, too linear, too scripted. Is Last Light any better?

No, the main game plays very similarly to 2033. Some mechanics have been more streamlined (like stealth), but if you disliked 2033 you'll more than likely dislike LL.

But one of the DLC has you actually go out from a fixed spot and collect artifacts. You have limited filters (for your gas mask)/ammo and you can't just stock up indefinitely because price goes up with every filter you already have on you (which is a bit dodgy from a purely logical point of view but it balances things nicely) and you get sent out to find entrances to the Great Library and collect artifacts on the way to be able to buy more filters/better gear (carry capacity is limited to 5 artifacts). You can also only save in the "base", so returning is both a necessary as well as a tactical consideration.

There really isn't much loot to be found (outside of the artifacts), so new gear an weapons need to be bought (except for two exceptions that make sense from the story). Mutants do tend to drop ammo (which is a bit annoying), but is explained by them eating their victims whole (while they don't really drop a lot of ammo I didn't really have shortages either on normal difficulty, but it didn't take long for me to have enough cash that just buying the ammo wouldn't have been a real issue either).

I thought they did a rather good job on making you actually feel like a vulnerable human in a pretty messed up environment (that said, aside from a few run-ins with Librarians I never died).

I don't remember how long the DLC took me to finish (an hour or two I think), but a full game based on these mechanics would be pretty damn awesome in my book.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Thanks for the link, I'll need to do some serious reading up on (and keeping track of) this game!

I was aware GSC folded in rather odd circumstances, wasn't aware the devs went on to create a sequel though (also: istr GSC were talking about taking Stalker 2 to consoles before they folded, which seriously worried me).

No, the main game plays very similarly to 2033. Some mechanics have been more streamlined (like stealth), but if you disliked 2033 you'll more than likely dislike LL.

But one of the DLC has you actually go out from a fixed spot and collect artifacts. You have limited filters (for your gas mask)/ammo and you can't just stock up indefinitely because price goes up with every filter you already have on you (which is a bit dodgy from a purely logical point of view but it balances things nicely) and you get sent out to find entrances to the Great Library and collect artifacts on the way to be able to buy more filters/better gear (carry capacity is limited to 5 artifacts). You can also only save in the "base", so returning is both a necessary as well as a tactical consideration.

There really isn't much loot to be found (outside of the artifacts), so new gear an weapons need to be bought (except for two exceptions that make sense from the story). Mutants do tend to drop ammo (which is a bit annoying), but is explained by them eating their victims whole (while they don't really drop a lot of ammo I didn't really have shortages either on normal difficulty, but it didn't take long for me to have enough cash that just buying the ammo wouldn't have been a real issue either).

I thought they did a rather good job on making you actually feel like a vulnerable human in a pretty messed up environment (that said, aside from a few run-ins with Librarians I never died).

I don't remember how long the DLC took me to finish (an hour or two I think), but a full game based on these mechanics would be pretty damn awesome in my book.

I loved LL, I thought the game was spectacular. So I should  enjoy the DLC as well :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I loved LL, I thought the game was spectacular. So I should  enjoy the DLC as well :)

The level I'm talking about is the Kshatriya level from the Factions DLC, it's the only DLC level I'd really recommend (the rest is imho rather average)

Also, looks like Survarium is a MMO, bummer. Still keeping an eye on it since, well, seems to be the closest to Stalker 2 we'll ever get :(

• Like 1

Took Veronica back to the Brotherhood then jumped into Dead Money, I forgot exactly what a hell hole this location is, I think I've died more times in an hour than I have in 20 hours of the main game, I also love how dialogue heavy the DLCs are  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

damn, I could never pay full price for that game. it's just ridiculously overpriced. 80 Euros for a strictly multiplayer project is insane

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Since my adventures in South Park are finished...  for now, I'm back to playing the game about dragons and falling, possibly dragons that are falling.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸