What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

I bought Lords of Magic, realized it wasn't at all like I thought it was going to be (slightly more akin to HoMM, where you explore a map with an avatar?), and shelved it. So I can't comment on it. It wasn't all that well received initially, partly because of the single-map structure, although I think it might have been looked at more favorably as time passed.

I enjoyed Lords of Magic. though factions and heroes were totally unbalanced. An an Air Rogue the game was a breeze (doh stupid puns write themselves). As a Fire Warrior not so much.

The game came witha  pretty neat Map Editor though. If the internet had been more widespread back then, allowing for larger communities , easier hosting, upload and download, you probably would have seen a lot more user-made content for the game.

Yup, definitely an autoresolve.  Given that I find it can be pretty easy to exploit the AI in a lot of the real time battles, some argue it's a more interesting game that way.

This is the problem I have with Total War games. My 300 against their 1500...I lose 10-20 guys and the enemy loses 1200-1300.  :facepalm: The AI is always stupid in that it tends to rush ahead with its cavalry if it has great superiority, which leads to me quickly trying to take out said cavalry, which then leads to me picking off their ranged units with my cavalry with only lines of infantry to weave through...which then typically leads to me charging one unit of infantry from two opposing sides, causing them to rout, and then again for another unit or two, which subsequently causes a mass rout. I always build my stacks with Cavalry in mind, and tend to win every battle and always feel like I'm cheating.  :(

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Fortune favors the bald.

The whole LotR discussion reminded me of Knights & Merchants. Lots of fun to play and build your kingdom, horrbile combat.

Would usually just do the fun building part and leave the whole combat part aside, though sadly, that wouldn't expand the plot (and I don't think freeplay was there).

We need more buildinggames like that... but without combat. Now all is Simcity or other modern citybuilders (meh) or Anno, which still has combat and nowhere near the interesting intercommunication between buildings...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

After finishing up fantastic, amazing Primordia, I've started up Alpha Protocol again. Been a while since I played it. Personally I don't find Saudi Arabia as horrible as many people do, but that and the Greybox at the start are undoubtedly the weakest part of the game. I think those locations turned a lot of people off from the game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Plan on trying out OpenRA this weekend.  Should finish Torchlight, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I take it that ESO is not worth it Hurlie?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm at Dracula's Castle in Order of Ecclesia. I'm liking the game well enough. Bravely Default should arrive today, so I may not get back to completing it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Banner Saga and Uncharted 3.

Doing better in The Banner Saga. People don't die as often now. Pump up armor for some characters and then bring in your strength characters for the kill. Or cheese your way through with archers.

I'm playing Uncharted 3 mostly for the visuals. I do like it better than the first and second games in the series.

I take it that ESO is not worth it Hurlie?

I haven't played it enough to make a judgement, but I'm not cancelling my preorder yet.  I enjoyed the intro.  It's weird playing an MMO from the first person perspective, but I am getting used to it. 

Playing through Mars: War Logs still, this time siding with Honour Grant.  It's actually interesting to see it from the other perspective.  I'm getting more insight into stuff I didn't get when siding with the Resistance.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

RPS Elder Scrolls Online hands on

Looks like a Bethesda game through and through, even the UI is something to behold in awe once again :p

Huh...I kind of wonder why that reviewer plays games?  John Cleese as an insane bard was a highlight for me.

It's definitely an Elder Scrolls game.  

One watches Jersey Shore from MTV, other The Wire from HBO.

Both to have a good time I would assume.

RPS Elder Scrolls Online hands on

Looks like a Bethesda game through and through, even the UI is something to behold in awe once again :p

Huh...I kind of wonder why that reviewer plays games?  John Cleese as an insane bard was a highlight for me.

It's definitely an Elder Scrolls game.  

One watches Jersey Shore from MTV, other The Wire from HBO.

Both to have a good time I would assume.

Yes, John Cleese clearly brings in the Jersey Shore audience.   :rolleyes:

Yes, John Cleese clearly brings in the Jersey Shore audience.   :rolleyes:

I was replying to the why that reviewer plays games comment, but okay.

John Cleese is an legend and Monty Python is legendary, but I have seen Cleese lately in really crappy commercials and other crap, very much suggesting he is just grabbing easy money from people who try to ride with his name and doesn't give a damn.

I have not seen personally his part in ESO, but I can understand why someone would not be that impressed.

Edited by Slinky

Played through the single player campaign in Battlefield 4.

Some really awkward design decisions, like constantly pulling the controls away from the player without warning for a more "cinematic" experience, unskippable cut-scenes, hugely unnecessary animations (every time you step into a vehicle you instantly regret your decision as a 15 second long unbreakable animation plays out), every time you're prompted to open a door your character stands in the middle of the door, opens it and takes a step into the room beyond.. full of angry enemies, and so on.

Very nice graphical showcase, but as an actual game.. not good. I actually feel a bit ashamed that Dice are Swedish and created this game. How can they be so ignorant about common well-known no-no's in game design?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!