game narrator / chapters

*Crosses fingers* Come onnnn, Nicholas Cage! Come onnnn Nicholas Cage!

That would require the game to have a lot of bees. And I mean A LOT.

Love that there are plans for a narrator, it really adds to the atmosphere, in my opinion. Plus, anything that improves the chances of a certain actor involved with the Polish version of the game for extra nostalgic value is awesome.

We are planning to have a narrator for the game.

Old man! It has to be an old man!

He has to sound like he has a long beard, too!!

Not for me. Get Kelly Hu!

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

To that, I can only say: LaserFrog

(seriously, it's only 5 minutes long, give it a try)

Jokes aside: I wanted to fantasize about hiring Campbell Lane but then I checked wikipedia...

<minutes later>

...and after searching for confirmation found that:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/beast-wars-voice-actor-campbell-lane-has-passed-away-179256/

(check the timestamp)

If it's true, it may turn out to be one of the more depressing coincidences I ever experienced...

Edited by milczyciel

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Or... *awesome idea*... have more than one narrator. Have the narration being two people telling the story. Squabbling about "what really happened" etc.

*chapter II intro*

"The adventurers set out to find the cause of-"

"Hey, aren't you forgetting something?"

"Oh? Oh yes. The old crone. First they met the old crone."

"The old crone of the swamp. There are many stories surrounding her."

"Luckily, our adventurers dealt with her. No?"

"Well, as I remember it-"

*chapter II begins*

Whilst I don't mind the 2 narrators idea (except from a budgeting perspective), I really dislike the past-tense narration for a game I'm playing.  If it's not a flashback within the game then I want the "You awake to the realisation that last night was not a horrible dream" kind of 'it's happening now' narration.

(Not counting "The Bard's Tale" (newer version) which used awesome narration to comic effect).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Whilst I don't mind the 2 narrators idea (except from a budgeting perspective), I really dislike the past-tense narration for a game I'm playing.  If it's not a flashback within the game then I want the "You awake to the realisation that last night was not a horrible dream" kind of 'it's happening now' narration.

(Not counting "The Bard's Tale" (newer version) which used awesome narration to comic effect).

Agreed. Past tense gives the impression of reduced agency in the goings on of the story, even if it practically makes no difference. Keep it present tense, please.

Agreed. Past tense gives the impression of reduced agency in the goings on of the story, even if it practically makes no difference. Keep it present tense, please.

Second your agreed. This was the first of many reasons why I hated (hate is a strong word by I think it's the right one) Dragon Age 2. I tried to persevere with it because, you know, I spent money on it, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm aware that other views are available.

Just replaying BG2 and a narrator really adds to the immersion of the story.

There is no 'rolling', only creation.

No sorry it has to be Bruce Campbell!  Especially since PE does have boomsticks after all!

Bruce_Campbell.jpg

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 4

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

• 2 weeks later...

Just get the guy from BG1. That would be awesome.

Kevin Michael Richardson, yesssss. I'd love to hear him as the narrator of the game. His voice is one of nostalgia.

• Like 1

The Adventures of Abattoir, my Pillars of Eternity Let's Play! Following Abattoir, an Aumaua-sized Death Godlike Cipher who wishes to prove to the world that Death Godlikes can be trustworthy and helpful, while getting caught in some terrible circumstances.