Whilst I'm not in favour of the chainmail bikini, and also feel that the female characters should have just as much coverage from Full-Plate as the males, I also think that some feminine-designed clothes would be a good idea.

Some nice dragon-hide (poor dragons :( ) armour that follows the form a little more or some clingy 'wizard-robes of heat-resistance +3' perhaps.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Edit: Double-Post

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

If this were a hardcore, swords & sorcery game I think it would be great to have these kinds of armors (and I love Nonek's take on his "Tatoo armor," I've done something sort of similar with my antediluvian based, Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, PnP game).

For this game? I dunno, it would sort of feel discordant from the art style I've seen so far.

• Like 3

In the interests of fairness, if skimpy female armor is in, I demand that the most powerful male armor in the game is a giant codpiece that loses all of its magic if worn with anything else. You would, of course, have different versions, from padded, boiled leather, chain, and plate, with the latter two of all the grades of steel available, and the highest-level ones gold-plated and studded with gems of various colors. Surely we wouldn't want to deny men the choices the women get, no?

Edited by PrimeJunta
  • Like 4

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Hi, first I hope someone from Obsidian reads me, this isn't a new complaint about "sexism" in video games designs, even if I'm female.

On the contrary, what I want to say to Obsidian is that I'm waiting impatiently for Pillars but I would be even happier if they put some classic "sexy" female armors in the game for the players that still like classic Fantasy like Frazetta, Clyde Caldwell, Julie Bell...( I don't mean necessarily bikini, but armors shaped for making female sprites pleasant to look at is something I look at before buying a game.) 

To me sexism is when in real life a woman doesn't have the same rights than a man, not making a video game sprite look nice. And about "realism" well I think it should be a choice, especially when in reality heavily covering armors aren't always the best way to win a battle. 

Anyway, hope to be read by you guys ! Your work on Pillars of Eternity look great !

Seems rather disingenuous to be asking for sexy female armos because you're a friend of classic fantasy like Frazetta and Bell. Why? Because men in those paintings were just as scantily clad as women. Seems to me you're just asking for the very specific things that you're interested in (cheap titillation), rather than the artistic style as a whole.

Besides, there's much more to classic fantasy than the type you're advocating, so don't dress this up as "those who like classic fantasy and those who don't". I like classic fantasy, including the style of the aforementioned artists, but I still don't want ridiculous breast plates and mail bikinis anywhere near this game.

• Like 2

I've never been much for sexy armor design myself, so as you can imagine I'm pretty sick and tired of it in rpgs. Also sick of the very common disconnect between male and female armor designs. That's why I think the designs in PoE is a breath of fresh air.

That said, I do like vareity a lot, as long as it feels at least somewhat consistent to the game world.

As for the ring of protection argument and that everything is possible in fantasy. True, but why even wear armor in the first place then? Just enchant some comfy/sexy clothing instead of wearing (IMHO) silly looking parodies of armor? Subjective I know, but that's my two cents.

• Like 3

I tend to prefer semi-realistic armor, myself. I don't need it to go into medieval-life-simulation-levels of reality though... I just find it easier to believe in a setting that has a basis in reality.

That said, if a game wants to go over the top, I think it should take a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" stance on revealing armor. A chain mail bikini on a woman, should look like a chainmail bikini on a man.  :dancing:

Good grief. 

3aa9090d30.jpg

Here, we've been through 20 pages of this before:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63648-what-should-a-female-breastplate-really-look-like/

And of course, there's also the practical side of boobplate being really terrible armour design in general: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/05/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-you 

Ghhnnnn....As much as I find most boobplate silly, I do hate that article more. Here:

http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/2013/05/in-semi-defense-of-boobplate.html

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

Awesome concept Nonek. :thumbsup:

First time here in a long time, and your chomping red head is the first thing I see, Gfted.

So what's this whole Project Eternity thing about?

Good to see you again Arkan.

PE is Obsidians foray into establishing a new IP that was billed as a "spiritual successor" to the IE games.

I see no reason why protective plate couldn't sometimes be feminized in shape. There are real armours known that were worn by women and are distinct that way, as evidenced by kaineparker's arms and armour thread. So why the game wouldn't have at least one or two nods to this, I don't know.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

.... I feel like I am at a hair salon in a Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.

Obsidian has stated repeatedly they are going for realistic armor designs for Eternity.  This is good and what a clear majority of the backers wanted it seems like if you look at that massive huge old thread.  Just let em do their thing.  Will there be boobplate?  No.  Will the female armors look slightly different than the male armors?  I hope so because realistically speaking they should have slight design differences.

• Like 4

In the interests of fairness, if skimpy female armor is in, I demand that the most powerful male armor in the game is a giant codpiece that loses all of its magic if worn with anything else. You would, of course, have different versions, from padded, boiled leather, chain, and plate, with the latter two of all the grades of steel available, and the highest-level ones gold-plated and studded with gems of various colors. Surely we wouldn't want to deny men the choices the women get, no?

Charged power: bonus to Thrusting attacks, but you're fatigued afterwards and need to cuddle. :w00t:

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I had an arms and armor thread?

How about armor made out of boobs?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is good and what a clear majority of the backers wanted it seems like if you look at that massive huge old thread.

By "clear majority of the backers" you mean the less than 1% of backers who commented/voted, right? ;) As Tony Montana once said; "don't get high on your own supply".

Also, I totally support golden bejeweled codpieces. Hell, Im wearing one right now.

• Like 6