Which class do you want to see covered in the next update?

Which class do you want to see covered in the next update?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Which class do you want to see covered in the next update?

• The Leaders of the Band (chanters and priests)
    • The Front Line (fighters and barbarians)
    • The Mob Rulers (wizards and druids)

As per Update #71: "We will be doing three more class pair updates in the future: The Leaders of the Band (chanters and priests), The Front Line (fighters and barbarians), and The Mob Rulers (wizards and druids). Let us know what you think of today's update and please vote on which of the three class pairs you'd like to see covered next."

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 4

Wizards; obviously.

• Like 2

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

Chanters and Priests.

Then Fighters and Barbarians.

Then Wizards and Druids.

And finish it off with the best, Paladins and Monks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I go for fighters and barbarians, because I'm curious about the scope of difference between them and update's #71 heavy hitters (would they only differ in a range combat and critical hits mechanics etc).

Also, (and that's more interesting in my opinion) I'd like to dig into the lore of barbarians, as I was led to believe it's the... erm... it's theee... ow, god damn it, you know, furries... <hold on for a moment>

...right, as I was led to believe it's the Orlans who are seen as/called savages in this particular setting, thus being a fitting race for the class.

Concept hard to imagine given their stature, except for assumed ferocity (wolverines are not that big too, right?), but that again would be in a stark contrast with their description as the ones being "victimized" by other races.

BTW: could someone imaginative provide me with a mock-up name for the world please? It feels stupid to just call it "the world" :p

Edited by milczyciel
  • Like 1

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Well, obviously the front-line should be last, the leaders should follow behind and the mob should be singled-out.  So Druids and Wizards it is :p

*casts entangle on poll*

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hi,

first of all : great update ... But some inquiries indeed ...

we only get the hight damages a rogue could give ... But can he conceal his soul and body, and THEN strike a deathly blow (at high level of course), or lurk in the shadows or ... Anything "roguish" in the old way ?

I like your idea for him, but I hope it will be someone discrete too ... And that he could make by himself Text adventures where stealth is needed ? (or maybe "adventures in game engine" ?) I hope there won't be any problem with it ... (I know, I dream a lot)

For the ranger, me too, I hope there gonna be different animals with different skills and not only skinns : a bear can't go in a city, even if it can destroy some mens easily, a weasel could grab keys or small jewelry ... Cut the purse of the passing guy or anything like it ... Finally, an hawk can check the sky and give a potential "impossible" embush state for the whole party ... 

And, there are other creatures, a mighty boar we could ride (hell yeah), some "epic companions" may be a great idea too ... I mean, we gonna fight dragons, right ... 

I would like to hear about the Leaders in th next update. 

Chanters are the only class that I don't have a good picture of in my mind, so I'd love more info on them. Not just mechanically, but also more about their role in the world as well. Are they part of civilized society, or are they more primitive/tribal? Do they have religious significance?

Chanters sound like guild wars paragons, from what I've taken from the limited information we have,

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Wizards and Druids, because I want to see how wizards will play out in this considering I like playing them and Druids because I have heard so very little about them but would like to know more.  I noticed that Paladins and Monks are not an option there, any particular reason or are they just last on the list (and hasn't the monk already been done actually?  Recall reading an update about their powers and how they work, but not one on Paladins).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Sounds like a bunch o nancies on these forums.  Give me my plate armor, sword, and grin death in the face any day over you finger wigglers!  That being said covering the people designed to counter the "heavy hitters" seems like the most logical follow up as well.

Chanters sound like guild wars paragons, from what I've taken from the limited information we have,

Without spears and, euh, the roman armor.

Although, it's rathe an unknown in term of classe (that and the druids). I still voted for them, because well I plan to play one.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

now I need to add a spear wielding chanter to my party.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.