Early Alpha Builds ?

Hi guys I know this game will be release somewhere in 2014 . Probably in December . But what about Alpha and Beta builds ? If each phases takes 3 months , we will see Alpha builds in June or July ?  :devil: What do you think about it ? or Maybe I am too optimistic . :yes:

I think that the last I heard was that there was going to be one beta, and it was going to be a separate area that was not part of the main story. In other words the beta was mainly going to be a test of the core game and mechanics, instead of the actual story.

I think that the last I heard was that there was going to be one beta, and it was going to be a separate area that was not part of the main story. In other words the beta was mainly going to be a test of the core game and mechanics, instead of the actual story.

That would be good point :)

The game is obviously going to take advantage of Steam early access, because it's suicide not to, it's basically free money. It'll go up during the beta after backers get access and the price point will probably piss some people off, because it will likely be around $50-55 when some people payed $110+ to get beta access.

Good thing is the beta will be mostly spoiler-free as far as the story goes.

Edited by Sensuki

I'd like see some alpha gameplay vids in the project updates. They talked about some classes but I and probably most ppl already had a pretty good idea about what would those classes do/will do. Details are nice but some ingame demonstration with 'crazy Josh talk' can be better IMO. Tho i get if it's too early.

Well, I hope they give the backers beta before early access. Backer beta  can be more focused on bug finding/balance.  Which will make the early access a bit more polished and more focused on tuning.  

Wasteland 2 for instance was not ready at all for early access. It was basically releasing an alpha build to the public.  

Wasteland 2 for instance was not ready at all for early access. It was basically releasing an alpha build to the public.  

That's the understatement of the year (so far). :)

Beta is for testing purposes and that is kinda boring if you take the job seriously. Still, I'll be there, dipping my toes.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Sees:

People don't understand alpha, beta or the relatively new "early release/early access" (previously known as; buying before any patches where out. Or an excuse so they can say "but it was just an early release" rather than "we released a buggy product").

Nothing new really.

But believe you me if you really don't want to play real alpha's, and what people call "they released in alpha" would probably be very very *very* far away from the actual alpha.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

With single player games I very much prefer to wait for the actual release because the alphas/betas are going to be buggy and ruin the story/experience.  Multi-player games are a different matter as it can be beneficial to learn the mechanics ahead of the crowd to get an early advantage out of the gate.