Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

From this day forth I shall understand "realistic" as arbitrary and please don't buy my game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

From this day forth I shall understand "realistic" as arbitrary and please don't buy my game.

You mean approximation and translation of reality into inherently unrealistic media by creators will inevitably be different from approximation and translation of reality you would personally expect from inherently unrealistic media? Well that is one shocking realization.
  • Like 3

You mean approximation and translation of reality into inherently unrealistic media by creators will inevitably be different from approximation and translation of reality you would personally expect from inherently unrealistic media? Well that is one shocking realization.

I mean that I bleed and die in 3 hits because of not wearing armor but I can't rush kill a sleeping man because his shield blocks my hits even as he is in the middle of standing up. When I say arbitrary is code for incompetent.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Its pretty much Gothic 2.0 when it comes to world design,  mechanics and character design (and bugs) leave it or take it. I am enjoying it very much, but I am weird

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Its pretty much Gothic 2.0 when it comes to world design,  mechanics and character design (and bugs) leave it or take it. I am enjoying it very much, but I am weird

Gothic combat system actually worked.

village_idiot.gif

I don't really have a problem with the combat system in Kingdom Come, but I also can't remember any of the combos... and the ones I do remember I find very hard to execute.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, this is releasing on GOG tomorrow- is it worth buying full price or should I wait for a sale?

Leaning wait since it is 57USD and I'd probably have to play at lowered graphics settings- the 580 is fine, but a 3440x1440 monitor does push it slightly- but it does seem to have had a pretty positive reaction.

So, this is releasing on GOG tomorrow- is it worth buying full price or should I wait for a sale?

Leaning wait since it is 57USD and I'd probably have to play at lowered graphics settings- the 580 is fine, but a 3440x1440 monitor does push it slightly- but it does seem to have had a pretty positive reaction.

I'd say that its a wait for a sale for me, they need to work out some kinks. Yet if you enjoy Gothic, ELEX or any other game where you level up into competency this game might be for you. Although it is definitively not a game where you wanna wander around since the main quest tutors you in a lot of different aspects.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Hey? It's a completely open game after the (lengthy) tutorial and there's no problem at all with wandering around.

• Like 2

I don't really have a problem with the combat system in Kingdom Come, but I also can't remember any of the combos... and the ones I do remember I find very hard to execute.

I couldn't figure them out at first. They never connected, were always blocked etc.

But combos work best when the oppononent is tired, or in respons to you disrupting his. They're generally quite powerful as well, with a good combo stopping the fight in one way or another. So use them towards the end, after tiring them out. In time you learn how (and when) to execute them early and mid-combat.

Fortune favors the bald.

Pretty much everyone's expereince with the game...

https://youtu.be/bAFnijnPYGU

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Whomever designed the combat system for this game is a right prick. Its better described as trying to thread a needled at reflex speeds while keeping the beat to a song. In short, combos and parries are damn near impossible.

village_idiot.gif

Whomever designed the combat system for this game is a right prick. Its better described as trying to thread a needled at reflex speeds while keeping the beat to a song. In short, combos and parries are damn near impossible.

i don't have problems with combat at all, what is your level in warfaring, weapon skill and defence? Because more you train easier it is to pull those combos

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah you need to put in 2-3 days worth of training with Robard until you're good enough to actually take on more than one opponent at a time.

And if you hate combos, go with a mace or heavy axe - no need for fancy footwork, if you just power through their defence and armor.

Fortune favors the bald.

I've been playing this. It reminds me a lot of Mount and Blade, which is great. I'm terrible at lockpicking and I'm thinking about restarting with a more virtuous character just so I can use morality as my excuse for avoiding them.

Parries are actually far easier than, say, the Gothics, because of the Matrix slowdown. Just tap (not hold) when the enemy begins their attack animation, and then you get the slowdown/green shield icon for your counterstrike. 

I like how it encourages you to constantly stay on the move, and to move your own weapon around (via the 5 directions) so that you're well placed to parry / master-strike. 

Combos are a different thing altogether - I almost never got them, because it's so hard to get two or three hits in a row without the enemy interrupting you. I like the fact that either side getting one solid combo will have a huge impact on the outcome of the battle, and that you really have to make each hit count, but that's the downside of it. 

Haven't been able to play with all my work trips, but I hear that the balancing is at its best earlier on (say, between levels ~3 and 10 of your combat skills), and then with good armour and high skills it becomes too easy, even without cheesing.

i don't have problems with combat at all, what is your level in warfaring, weapon skill and defence? Because more you train easier it is to pull those combos

I agree but at the same time it is nowhere near useful since I can't consistently pull those combos because of dumb reasons like timing and enemy parries/dodge. The frustrating thing is that Bernard manages to do this consistently just because the AI is programed to "learn" so that you can't constantly attack the same spot, which at some point becomes any point at all. Meanwhile I have to use block leagues before the parry sign appears on the screen if I want to make a successful parry.

Edit:Yeah, its the timing of it all that bothers me. All combos have different times when you should strike and there's a lot of guesswork involved. Which means that even if you have done everything right you can still get it wrong because you missed a beat.

Edit:Edit: My levels are 20 strength, 17 warfare, 20 defense, 20 sword. So in trying to learn combos I level 3 stats to their cap, all because the game doesn't bother to teach you the timing of the combo perks you unlock and apparently timing is important, as well as the added hassle of angle of attack.

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

SO...I trained for the better part of 4 hours with Bernard only to run into a bug where I apparently I committed a crime by hitting him and cant talk him out of it. I also can't beat him cause the game  won't let me hit him. SO... what should i do about my 4 hours and this ****ing game.

village_idiot.gif

Can you serve the time? Otherwise I'd reload. The save system in this game does freak me out. I find myself looking for a bed every time I do something even remotely productive.

I've been killing a lot of bandits while they are asleep, or rather while they are in a state of undress as I wake them up with my sword. I feel only a bit bad about that.

Can you serve the time? Otherwise I'd reload. The save system in this game does freak me out. I find myself looking for a bed every time I do something even remotely productive.

I've been killing a lot of bandits while they are asleep, or rather while they are in a state of undress as I wake them up with my sword. I feel only a bit bad about that.

Get the unlimited saving mod, it will make your life easier.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

So I went on a drunken bender with a priest and preached some Jan Hus heresy. It was probably the best drunken shenanigans scenario I've seen pulled off in a video game. It reminded me of my college days. 

• Like 2