Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

Thankfully, the Nexusmods came to the rescue once again!!!

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/134

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Thankfully, the Nexusmods came to the rescue once again!!!

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/134

Apparently comments are disabled? So I checked the bug reports and... lel.

I just clicked on the link out of curiosity and shouldn't the guy be African-whatever the country is in the game? Pretty sure it's set before American was a thing. A time traveler maybe?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well to be honest, this mod just underscores, how ridiculous the whole black people being in medieval central europe is. The chance that a african black person visited rural bohemia is the same as a chance that time travelling afroamerican visited there.

Central Europe was always so homogenous, that even after 1000 years of Slovakia being under the rule of Hungary, the mtDNA of Slovak population is still after all that time about 44% Slavic. My granddad will be 88 years old, lives very close to town with population of 45000, he was trvelling whole life around Slovakia as a professional driver, but he never seen black person outside of TV...

Hell, I am living in the mentioned town almost my whole life, and last time when I have seen black person walking in the town, was when I was 21 or 22. Now I am 40...

From hearsay and talking in the pubs, there are approximately 3 black people living in the town currently. Hell even offsprings of native americans from south america have bigger population in my hometown, than black people today. IIRC, there are 6 of them living there.

Whatever that means. I mean Kingdom Come: Deliverance has Cumans who are originally from Central Asia in it as a major plot point. But somehow they are white or that there are only two kinds of people in the entire world: black and white. So if you are not African therefore you are white no matter where you are from. Maybe. I don't know who the hell is what race. Iranians look pretty much like most Europeans to me.

Yes, was. Back in 2016. Nobody really talked about it anymore since then.

I half suspect these allegations came up not because people were actually offended but because the lead dev was a rather vocal supporter of #GamerGate.

I mean, I'm sure some people actually got offended. But most of them? Looking for ammo.

• Like 2

Yes, was. Back in 2016. Nobody really talked about it anymore since then.

I half suspect these allegations came up not because people were actually offended but because the lead dev was a rather vocal supporter of #GamerGate.

I mean, I'm sure some people actually got offended. But most of them? Looking for ammo.

Meh. Gamergate was then, this is now.

But there was similar outrage about The Witcher III. Or, rather, fake outrage.

Well, I did respond to a post about allegations in 2016.

But yeah, even then I'm sure the 'outrage' now was just people running across that bullcrap and dredging it up for easy clickbait. It works too - I never see these kinds of things spread faster than when they trigger the angry internet nerds. Virtue signaling social justice clickbait wouldn't spread nearly as quickly. :lol:

What a stupid thing to waste your time over.

If only people would clue into such a radical idea :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well to be honest, this mod just underscores, how ridiculous the whole black people being in medieval central europe is. The chance that a african black person visited rural bohemia is the same as a chance that time travelling afroamerican visited there.

Yeah, the usual argumentation goes that of course people of different nationalities (and color) visited medieval Europe. They sure did, that's out of the question. Trade was (and still is, imagine) a thing after all. But actually living in Bumf*ck, Bohemia? Not very likely.

Fun fact, three centuries after the time the game is set in there was a Kanuri who was captured and sold into slavery that eventually ended up living in Vienna and befriending Austrian royalty. A highly regarded, educated and well liked person he still ended up as a curiosity exhibit in a museum for people to gawk at.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yes, but the population of Britain was also almost completely replaced around 4500 years ago. More NeolithicPOC than MedievalPOC, one might say.

(It's been a good couple of weeks for random research into British population genetics...)

Some more info about it:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/prehistoric-europe-much-like-a-game-of-civilization-according-to-ancient-dna/

Yes, but the population of Britain was also almost completely replaced around 4500 years ago. More NeolithicPOC than MedievalPOC, one might say.

(It's been a good couple of weeks for random research into British population genetics...)

So if Black People can appropiate British culture because of far away ancestors can I finally say ****. My great-grandma was black.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

To get away from this annoying left and right and race and whatever crap....

... I've arrived at the Monastery location now and it looks awesome. Some parts of it remind me a lot of how the farm of my grandparents still looked like barely 10 years ago. Funny how little certain building styles have changed in the last couple hundred years.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

To get away from this annoying left and right and race and whatever crap....

... I've arrived at the Monastery location now and it looks awesome. Some parts of it remind me a lot of how the farm of my grandparents still looked like barely 10 years ago. Funny how little certain building styles have changed in the last couple hundred years.

Sorry about that. I DIDN'T START IT THOUGH

That is so awesome. i really want this game to be great since there is really nothing else like it and it warms my heart to hear stuff like this.

I mean, on that count of having the style, architecture, etc. down, the game is just simply fantastic. Its the RPG mechanics where it has mediocre strains. 

Later there's a nice disguise/infiltration/blending kind of superquest to do with the monastery area, which is where I'm at now, and while the gameplay is a bit clunky the atmosphere is top notch - the monk lifestyle reminds me of prisons and armies, as it well should.

I don't know, I've never really run into gamebreaking bugs, the worst I've had is two unfinishable quests. 

At worst, you always have all your previous saves. And I think a patch with many quest bugs is coming out next week.

Edited by Tigranes

Personally, I could care less about the game not having different races, I only say this for the fact that for a game that's trying to be historically accurate, there are many other important issues the game has that history disagrees with wholly. This has been a common and ongoing discussion on the Steam forums in which the devs agreed to have let down both backers and buyers with. but the thing is that the game is so ambiguously ambitious that it'd be silly to expect it to 100% be accurate at any rate. It's a game after all :smacksknee:

Still, I'm stuck on how bad some of the systems in the game are, which keep me from buying the game at full price and the mindset of the community and it's fanboys certainly do not make things better. Devs are looking for critical feedback but whenever people call out a given system which needs to be improved, the fanboys automatically say "Git gud" or "Casuals do not belong here". It's one thing to want a difficult game but another thing to stupidly sacrifice accessiblity for the sake of defense of a product. Thankfully, the devs seem to be ignoring the backers and trying to work on improving these systems to engage a larger audience (see KCD tweets to see what I mean).

I have said many times, if anyone is truly 100% happy with the game, more power to them but the game, realistically, needs much work. At the same time, I commend the devs for taking so many risks and being so experimental with the game's systems. Unfortunately, these failures are the very reason why AAA publishers are not willing to take these types of risks. More often than none, these experiments tend to fail, even if the game has a small following which willingly throw themselves comstantly in fire to defend the game.

All in all, it's been a treacherous journey but one that seems to have ended with a 50/50 pay off - which is pretty good considering how particularly risky the game is. Most people are experiencing more bugs now than most users were in early beta, strangely.. but other parts of the game are now more polished than beta. As an anti-buyer of the game, I have been following the game with a closed eye, whilist often in talks with the devs in their private discord. That said, I can't wait to see what they change in the game with upcoming patches (expect ALOT of CHANGES).

If things were not so early access-feeling on release, I would expect the game to have about 90% positary worldwide ratings rather than 70%, I think in time the game will be amazing but whithered the road leads, and a hard walk from here. The devs are good honest peeps, who are admitting that there are alot of things wrong here, so i wish them well on their journey to making things better for all in the future.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...