Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

I folded and bought it, even though I usually never buy games one day one - no bugs for me so far and it's one of the best games I've played in years! Takes me back to the early days of Baldurs Gate and the likes, with scribbled notes to keep track of the gameplay mechanics and quest.. The level of detail is awesome - as a historian with something of a fascination with the 15th century, it's almost like holodeck experience :D 

Love the lack of handholding as well and very free approach to any quest.

Did install the 'save whenever' mod, just to avoid CTDs and the likes - luckily no such things so far.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, the BIOS update completely fixed the crash bugs for me. Not a single crash since. Also didn't encounter any other serious bug so far. Got stuck once, had AI behave like retards every once in a while, but other than that it's fine.

Still keeping the savegame mod, because I just can't get warm with the thought of having to possibly replay a couple hours of playtime if something bad happens. I don't have the time nor the motivation for such a game mechanic.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've played a crapton of this, and I did have to replay ~20 minutes of action a couple times; that's usually the longest you go without a save, and I use Schnapps only for key occasions like before getting into a big fight. I'd agree that the savegame mod is a good backup until they patch in save and quit at least.

I think my experience of the game is really magnified by the appreciation of the historical detail and aesthetic they've pulled off. Of course there are inaccuracies but it's pointless to measure them - what matters is the broader feel that they've delivered on. As amazing as TW3 was on the 'bloody good looking open world' front, this is much more absorbing for me.

• Like 2

I've played a crapton of this, and I did have to replay ~20 minutes of action a couple times; that's usually the longest you go without a save,

Only if you do quests and rest / sleep all the time. If you just stroll through the woods, you can spend a lot of time on exploring or hunting and if then something stupid happens... Happened to me as well. Was wandering around through the woods without any real target (actually tried to find rabbits) and accidentally stumbled over an "interesting place" with a chest. Had some really fancy items in it. 5 minutes later I was falling down a cliff and got stuck in a bush. :>

Still, this game is just so fancy. It's one of these rough gems that can only get better with patches.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nah, better to wait five more years or so, you can never be sure

This is the best advice, as it'll be fairly cheap at that point.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pretty keen to play this but having a problem where the game will freeze up for several seconds in some areas. Happens often enough that it really disrupts the experience so I'm gonna hold off for now. Seeing it reported all over the place so it seems it's a thing that's happening to a lot of people. Hopefully they can get it fixed somehow.

Have tried a bunch of user fixes but none of them have worked. Apparently upgrading to Win10 from Win7 have worked for some people but not about to do that just to play this.

FPS is really smooth otherwise so it's a bit annoying.

Anyways, glad the game seems to be enjoyable, glad I backed it all those years ago.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Apparently it might be possible to do some advanced modding with this game. Some folks already posted screenshots of the CryEngine SDK with extracted game files. Guess I could actually change my opinion about the CryEngine.... because none of the other modern engines allows for anything like that.

Also I've read they already think about the first DLC in which the player will be a woman.

Also I've read they already think about the first DLC in which the player will be a woman.

I imagine this is the side story they talked about during the crowdfunding campaign.  People asked about having the option to play a female character during crowdfunding and Warhorse replied that making gender interchangeable in the main campaign would be impossible, given that they were going for historical accuracy and the experience of a woman in early 15th century Bohemia would be VASTLY different than that of a man and something you couldn't just change pronouns and a few lines of dialogue for.  Instead, they promised to include a side story where you play a female character.  I'm assuming that's what this will be.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I imagine this is the side story they talked about during the crowdfunding campaign.  People asked about having the option to play a female character during crowdfunding and Warhorse replied that making gender interchangeable in the main campaign would be impossible, given that they were going for historical accuracy and the experience of a woman in early 15th century Bohemia would be VASTLY different than that of a man and something you couldn't just change pronouns and a few lines of dialogue for.  Instead, they promised to include a side story where you play a female character.  I'm assuming that's what this will be.

That's cool. Playing a woman in a historically accurate medieval society would be something different.

Housekeeping Simulator 1403

(srsly tho there were female condottieri)

Hey man I enjoy resource management games!

There were female lots of thing, even then. I mean over 90% of the men were farmers and we rarely play them as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if it'll be about Theresa. She has a kinda weird fit in the prologue sequence, which makes her kinda suitable for a side story set right after the attack on the village up until she meets the player.

Get better. Find trainers and get more strength. I suck at it as well, especially with the combos (I was never able to memorize combos in any game), but if you get into a higher level, fights also get a tad easier.

Oh, and get better armor and a better weapon. I'm in full plate mail now and most hits (not all of them) barely scratch me now.

• Like 1

Yep, especially trainers it seems. Captain Bernard is important - I only learned combos from him, as it turns out he can teach you to riposte, which is a really important skill.

Couldn't figure out why they were dodging my attacks and pommeling my face, while I couldn't .. now I can!  :dancing:

Fortune favors the bald.

Just serves to see why swords were impractical weapons for untrained peasants. With a spear you'd need a lot less training to kill someone. Or to keep them at a distance. Or anything else, really. :biggrin:

• Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Just serves to see why swords were impractical weapons for untrained peasants. With a spear you'd need a lot less training to kill someone. Or to keep them at a distance. Or anything else, really. :biggrin:

Also maces.  Cheaper to produce, require very little training to wield at a basic functional level, nearly as effective in many situations as a sword, more effective in some.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I changed a setting and was gifted with a 2 min loading screen, **** this unoptimized piece of ****.

Edit: I changed the setting for this gamein Nvida GeoForce and it damn near crashed my computer. Seriously, **** this game.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, it's weird at times. I'm also getting these stutters every once in a while. Not sure what is causing this, as it doesn't happen all the time. Once they appear, I'll have to restart the game and it seems to work again. Maybe a memory leak or something... sometimes it doesn't appear at all, though.

Still. I'm 33 hours in now, and I certainly did not expect to play it for this long. There is still 1/4 of the map in fog, so unless there will be only tiny side quests, I have a couple hours more in front of me.

Edited by Lexx

I changed a setting and was gifted with a 2 min loading screen, **** this unoptimized piece of ****.

Edit: I changed the setting for this gamein Nvida GeoForce and it damn near crashed my computer. Seriously, **** this game.

Sucks, perhaps you can get a refund and revisit after patches and a sale?

Maybe a hardware issue. It seems fairly well optimized for my build luckily. Intel i7 and a gtx 1060 - I had a AMD before and always had problems with Crytek's engine. Stuttering, ctds etc

Fortune favors the bald.

Sucks, perhaps you can get a refund and revisit after patches and a sale?

Maybe a hardware issue. It seems fairly well optimized for my build luckily. Intel i7 and a gtx 1060 - I had a AMD before and always had problems with Crytek's engine. Stuttering, ctds etc

That's plan B, right after I actually try the game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What a stupid thing to waste your time over. I'll play what I enjoy, and make my own judgment about its subliminal messages, thanks. Not buying it based on a media witch hunt is just as idiotic as buying it to spite the former. 

In other news, I think I'm not too far away from the end, now. The mid-late game falls away because there's only one real stage of narrative / gameplay progression - from humble peasant to lord's employ - and the game's shown you all of its cool tricks. But its ability to deliver on the relatively-historical Bohemian aesthetic is simply unparalleled, and I hope they can improve on this in a possible sequel.

• Like 2