Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

I thought I backed this but Kickstarter says no

Oh well

This is just the deep state using deep learning to predict what you've forgotten that is owed to you, you've been swindled!!

I'm pretty sure it's Soros' fault. Somehow. :w00t:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Just had another crash. This in combination with the god awful save system really doesn't please my motivation.

/edit: As it turns out, I lost about 1 hour of progress. There is no point in trying to explore the landscapes, because I could crash at any time and then have to do everything again... which is simply not going to happen. **** this game, I'm so pissed right now.

Just ****ted out my first one-line negative Steam review. I really want to like this game, but this is not something I'm up for, especially when paid 50€.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I played a short bit of the beginning (presumably tutorial) section just to check it out.  This definitely seems like a game I will probably enjoy.  It works out well that I'm too deep into MHW right now to really play anything else seriously.  By the time I fully scratch the Monster Hunter itch this game will hopefully be 3 or 4 patches deep and I'll have a much smoother experience than if I were to play it right now.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The extended prologue (you think it's over, but it ain't until you see the film-style intro credits roll) is super cutscene heavy, but the game opens up after that - still plenty of cutscenes and story events, but first impressions aren't quite accurate.

I've had very few bugs and solid performance, but mileage always varies with individual setups. 

The feeling you get when walking through a raining Czech forest is just nothing like anything in Skyrim, Oblivion, or even TW3. They really knocked it out of the park. On a sufficiently good PC, you could probably post screenshots on Facebook and some people will scroll down thinking it's a real forest, not because of the graphical fidelity per se but the aesthetics/design.

My guy has just learned how to write - because, of course, a Bohemian peasant ain't going to know no writing off the bat.

Edited by Tigranes

Normally I'd agree with the "not allowed to spam saves in this rpg/not allowed to have 200 save files" but the save system here is just one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. When it comes to this or save spamming, I'd take the save spamming. As many others are saying, if you must leave the game in a hurry, this system us not very good. Luckily though, there is already a mod to fix it.

I loved Dragon's Dogma but it had a similar problem with the fast travel system and also you could only have one manual save.

The game looks really beautiful though, even on console and it has alot of cool systems, the crime system, so on.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Encountered first bug with ivisible doors, pretty anoying :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Normally I'd agree with the "not allowed to spam saves in this rpg/not allowed to have 200 save files" but the save system here is just one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. When it comes to this or save spamming, I'd take the save spamming. As many others are saying, if you must leave the game in a hurry, this system us not very good. Luckily though, there is already a mod to fix it.

I loved Dragon's Dogma but it had a similar problem with the fast travel system and also you could only have one manual save.

The game looks really beautiful though, even on console and it has alot of cool systems, the crime system, so on.

I only mind weird save systems when it is clear that the only reason for it is becaus the developer doesn't like the player to save and reload as often as they'd like. For no other reason than "because" or some sense of superiority. Which I suspect is the case here, to be honest. Even in Age of Decadence saving was easily possible, and that's saying something...

This extends to other game mechanics as well. Camping supplies in Pillars of Eternity com to mind. Wah wah rest spamming in Infinity Engine games, wah wah. Waaaaaaaah. If you don't like it, fine, then don't. What the hell is wrong with players being able to if they want?

Question for players who already have the game, do vendors only buy items they're interested in, do they have a limited amount of money available and is there a barter system (edit: I realize I could just look it up, but humor me, it's been a long day)?

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It's meant to be a realistic game, and everyone knows that the only way to save in medieval Bohemia was by paying a monk to write the binary on a sheet of vellum- that, famously, was why Jan Hus died rather than reloading as he hit f8 too late and the fire had already singed the vellum corrupting the save. It's abstracted somewhat in game, of course, but you have to make some compromises sometimes.

• Like 5

So despite my better judgment, I started up the game again, this time with the savegame mod. I've managed to cheese my way past all the crashs and finished the prolog. Since then, the game is running pretty fine. Played about 2 hours now and not a single crash or slowdown or anything. This is how it should have been right from the beginning.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Not that i want to defend devs here, but from my point of view save system like this is here because they put tons of resources to failed states of quests and activities. If you are able to reload if something is not ended to your liking much of the development time was wasted. Every one talks about replayability and meaningness of actions when in the end most of us just reload when things don't goes our way

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It's clear why the save system exists. That doesn't make it a good system, though. Take me as example- without the mod to enable saving at any time, i couldn't even finish the prolog, as it kept crashing at certain points and made me replay from the beginning of the last cutscene. With that mod I was able to advance a few steps before each crash until I've finally left the crashy phase.

You know, all the time spend working on the whole game was wasted, if I can't even make it out of the prolog and uninstall the game.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

*shrug* I agree that restrictive save systems is a losing battle and they should not have tried to fight it. Sounds like the savegame mod works just fine, though, so no problemo. I'm actually enjoying playing it with minimal saving at the moment - and of course every good night's rest and many quest ticks give you saves.

I was wrong, by the way. The crashing is back. :dancing: Now I'll have to do the sword fighting scene again... Wasted about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

I'm actually enjoying playing it with minimal saving at the moment - and of course every good night's rest and many quest ticks give you saves.

I'd actually love to do that too, but I need a 'pause' button in my games to be able to put them down and pick them up again. Sad thing is that Dark Souls already came up with a system which should be a golden standard in games like these ('exit' basically acts as a 'save and exit' button, and the created save then gets deleted when you resume playing) - when you even have hard saves in your game implemented, albeit hidden behind a weird mechanic, implementing it should be rather trivial. So... I've no idea why next to nobody does.
  • Like 1

I'm actually enjoying playing it with minimal saving at the moment - and of course every good night's rest and many quest ticks give you saves.

I'd actually love to do that too, but I need a 'pause' button in my games to be able to put them down and pick them up again. Sad thing is that Dark Souls already came up with a system which should be a golden standard in games like these ('exit' basically acts as a 'save and exit' button, and the created save then gets deleted when you resume playing) - when you even have hard saves in your game implemented, albeit hidden behind a weird mechanic, implementing it should be rather trivial. So... I've no idea why next to nobody does.

Save on exit will be in next patch, not sure how that one slipped out. It is obvious you need it :/

• Like 1

You know.. kinda funny how you have the constant dot on the screen with and without melee weapons in your hands, but as soon as you pull out the bow, the dot will disappear, because "immersion". :D

• Like 1

Zero significant bugs, a few minor ones, in ~8 hours of play for me. I guess mileage varies.

Edited by Tigranes

Today I did a bios update and - with being cautiously optimistic - my issues seem to be gone. I've played for 5 to 6 hours now and not a single crash or blue screen or anything. I've even cranked up the graphic settings again and no crash yet. Now, this could all be purely random as well, but considering the past days I could barely play an hour before a crash happened, I'd say this looks pretty good already.

I admire anyone who is prepared to any game on the first release 

I always wait 6-8  weeks so that the initial patches are released, I really dont like bugs and crashes. For example I still haven't POE...I imagine its fully patched by now  ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela