Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

there is some balanced review:

Sounds exactly what I expected :)

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, in the meantime I have a T-shirt I can wear I guess. :|

Hopefully that didn't arrive with hidden bugs.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Quite a good scores so far, I am quite surprised because of the bugs mentioned

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kingdom-come-deliverance/critic-reviews

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

seems like day 1 patch fixed quite a lot.

I heard this game has quests that will 'expire' if you don't complete them on time, something which I used to see in Japanese games mostly. If that's true then I am all in, even if it does have bugs. 

When a game is this complex it would actually be weird NOT to experience any bugs. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I guess the GOG version will have the patch already applied ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah that would be my guess for all digital distributions

True, was a dumb question, forgot most of the world doesn't act like my company. :lol:

I still wish all developers realized what From Software did and implemented games restoring their state when you quit/come back. Make your hard saves work however you want, but allow me to put the game down and come back to it whenever I want without losing progress

Played for 117 minutes. Already two crashs that took my whole system with it. I just so hate the Cry Engine and all that belongs to it.

Performance seems better than the beta, but at the same time they seem to have downgraded the graphics. Noticeable a lot in the distance.

Tried playing with mouse and keyboard. Interface seems made for gamepad. Tried playing with gamepad... now I feel I can't walk around precise anymore. Also combat is very... I don't know yet.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

True, was a dumb question, forgot most of the world doesn't act like my company. :lol:

Given what happened with Outcast only a month ago, ie none of the accumulated patches being applied at release on GOG until days later, it certainly isn't a dumb question.

Played for 117 minutes. Already two crashs that took my whole system with it. I just so hate the Cry Engine and all that belongs to it.

Performance seems better than the beta, but at the same time they seem to have downgraded the graphics. Noticeable a lot in the distance.

Tried playing with mouse and keyboard. Interface seems made for gamepad. Tried playing with gamepad... now I feel I can't walk around precise anymore. Also combat is very... I don't know yet.

Sounds horrible. I've never had a problem with games that use CryEngine so maybe it's just bad programming/optimization for the specific game utilizing th engine.

I take it I made the right decision to avoid the game for time being (wait for things to settle in). I hate crashes :(

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, the game does seem fun and interesting. I'd probably play the hell out of it... but I just had yet another crash. Updated my graphic drivers now and will try again tomorrow. Man, this setting is something I've been waiting for years to come. I'm just so fed up with dragons and elfs and all that crap.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, the game does seem fun and interesting. I'd probably play the hell out of it... but I just had yet another crash. Updated my graphic drivers now and will try again tomorrow. Man, this setting is something I've been waiting for years to come. I'm just so fed up with dragons and elfs and all that crap.

Fantasy is overrated.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Played a few hours, loving it. 

It just oozes historical style. I won't get into the nitty gritty of whether the pauldrons are exactly 15th century Bohemia or whatever - but the way they've done the forests, the wall murals in churches, the layout of the towns, etc. is just fantastic and as close as any game has ever gotten. It actually kept reminding me of the times I was physically in the region.

At least in the early hours it's less "open world" and more "lots of cutscenes, scripted story events" in an open world foil, I suppose closer to TW3. The writing is actually really well done; it is generally very down to earth, and the pacing and scene direction is decent as well. It's not TW3-style bombastic high-flying drama, it has its own style. 

Not sure how combat will pan out, but the system itself seems very interesting - no flashing buttons all over the place, you're watching your enemy and timing your clicks to play a tightly structured attack/parry/'direction/block/dodge combo set. 

The 'save potion' thing I think is silly, but so far I've not really needed it - I welcome the encouragement not to savescum pickpocketing and the like, and just roll with it.

No real bugs so far, except the one time I jumped through the town walls, fell down and broke both my legs, leading to a reload.

Played a few hours, loving it. 

It just oozes historical style. I won't get into the nitty gritty of whether the pauldrons are exactly 15th century Bohemia or whatever - but the way they've done the forests, the wall murals in churches, the layout of the towns, etc. is just fantastic and as close as any game has ever gotten. It actually kept reminding me of the times I was physically in the region.

At least in the early hours it's less "open world" and more "lots of cutscenes, scripted story events" in an open world foil, I suppose closer to TW3. The writing is actually really well done; it is generally very down to earth, and the pacing and scene direction is decent as well. It's not TW3-style bombastic high-flying drama, it has its own style. 

Not sure how combat will pan out, but the system itself seems very interesting - no flashing buttons all over the place, you're watching your enemy and timing your clicks to play a tightly structured attack/parry/'direction/block/dodge combo set. 

The 'save potion' thing I think is silly, but so far I've not really needed it - I welcome the encouragement not to savescum pickpocketing and the like, and just roll with it.

No real bugs so far, except the one time I jumped through the town walls, fell down and broke both my legs, leading to a reload.

Good to hear you have time for gaming, looking forward to Obsidian lets play BG2, its been years!

• Like 2

I do not twitter, is this common?

Obsidian

Verified account

@Obsidian

19h19 hours ago

More

Congrats to our friends at @WarhorseStudios on the launch of Kingdom Come Deliverance today! Looking forward to playing it!

Obsidian just try to ride their PR coattails, no doubt.

But no, nonsense kudos and crap like that is common.

I suppose I will get this off GOG, seems like it is not total trash (unless Tigranes was bribed)