Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

What if I want a cat companion instead?  Why can't I have a cat companion?  What does this developer have against felines?  Obviously this developer is a filthy specist with a clear agenda against felines.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Huh, I missed this whole deal. How do you pledge with little, squiggly "L" thingys. Why do I have general distrust of Eastern Europeans. The Witcher, that's why. Maybe in two years, I'll get a dog companion for this adventure. Can I have a Roman Rottweiler that snacks on kittehs. 

All Stop. On Screen.

What if I want a cat companion instead?  Why can't I have a cat companion?  What does this developer have against felines?  Obviously this developer is a filthy specist with a clear agenda against felines.

Keyrock I'm really impressed with your views to ensure equality and fair representation in games. But sometimes we need to choose our battles, I don't want to dismiss your point but we probably won't achieve animal equality in a game like this :ermm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I suspect he was trying to apply satire.

Yeah I know :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You never know with Bruce :)

• Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

That's true! His slider from satire, via irony, into almost serious, and then dead serious, is "one helluva ride", as Dan put it in is his KS thank you when KC:D ended so fantastically well. For that alone, you got to love him!

It was an interesting read btw. He even had had a hard time finding a PR agency working with his Kickstarter project.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

That's true! His slider from satire, via irony, into almost serious, and then dead serious, is "one helluva ride", as Dan put it in is his KS thank you when KC:D ended so fantastically well. For that alone, you got to love him!

It was an interesting read btw. He even had had a hard time finding a PR agency working with his Kickstarter project.

:)

You are good read of character

In the interests of transparency I generally don't make long posts or engage in debates if I'm joking about a topic and sometimes I do make a point through humour but the point is still suppose to be serious. So for example the whole "dog companion" comment was aimed at people who said its unrealistic to have women in a Medieval game, I was echoing what they said to highlight what it sounds like but my choice of the dog topic was a joke as animal representation in a game shouldn't even really be a debate IMO :) (I hope this makes sense )

• Like 1

John Milton 

• 7 months later...

new update video

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

new update video

What is latest update on this game around gender  representation? The last debate we had around this topic was that you may be able to play as a female charcter? I haven't watched this video yet as I'm at work so I apologize if this was answered :)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

new update video

What is latest update on this game around gender  representation? The last debate we had around this topic was that you may be able to play as a female charcter? I haven't watched this video yet as I'm at work so I apologize if this was answered  :)

I think his T-shirt should tell you all :)

What is latest update on this game around gender  representation? The last debate we had around this topic was that you may be able to play as a female charcter? I haven't watched this video yet as I'm at work so I apologize if this was answered :)

They are adding a playable female character for the prologue.

At least that's what one of the achieved stretch-goals said.

• Like 1

Yes but it's funny.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That childish nonsense looks unprofessional and only serves to turn off normal people who don't waste their time with following Twitter wars on the internet.

hah so you are childish if you know what is going on? now you catch yourself :). Because if you are normal people who dont waste time on following twitter wars you cant know meaning of it, or am I missing something? 

• 3 weeks later...

First impression alpha footage:

• Like 3

What a fantastic 3D world! It's bordering on real-life - it's almost scary, but not as scary as that floating wooden spoon in the dark at the end of the vid. Let's just hope that the gameplay will be just as good. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Is there anything interesting to do at all? You're a peasant plowing the fields all day or what?

I want to be a witcher.

Its alpha, not much to do right now, one or 2 small quests and archery. However it seems its not game for you, no monsters to slay...