Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

My problem isn't with people making suggestions and questioning aspects of a crowdfunded game, as long as the suggestions are done in a constructive, non-pushy manner. My problem is with people that feel their pledge gives them a right to dictate the direction of a project, make demands, and kick and scream because something isn't exactly to their liking, and threaten to remove their pledge or whatever else (if you want to remove your pledge, just do it, no need to make a spectacle of it). I also have a problem with the people that get too aggressive and extreme with their backlash against those types of people, that's not helping anybody.

I find this endemic to game development and gamers as a whole (it's probably seen elsewhere too, though I just have more visibility with the gaming aspect of it).

I follow Hearts of Iron IV and some people are raging at how the map looks on a frame by frame breakdown of how it looked in the background of a video and they do it with all sorts of justifications that they think make sense simply because it allows them to justify their outrage. Then, hilariously, they say that Paradox would be better served releasing more screenshots to assuage fears, when IMO the reality is people just want "MOAR INFO" because... well, I don't even really understand why. I can understand excitement, but I also remember a time before the internet when I didn't have immediate access to game details and those games still came out and I still enjoyed them!

I agree that the "I will withhold money" arguments get tiresome. It's, in my opinion, mostly a result of a simplistic logical construct where someone goes "they want my money, so if I can make them feel like they won't get it, they'll pay closer attention to me" though I am skeptical at how reflective of reality this thought process actually is.

If the guys at Warhorse stand by their vision of KC:D as "historically accurate", "realistic", etc, they really ought to research the subject thoroughly, and I promise you that they will be surprised how varied and diverse Central Europe could be in those times: using several languages in the same areas, people with varied ethnic backgrounds, especially in and around courts (and there are indeed two castles in the KC:D map). The same goes for women, having two courts in the game, along with all artisans, merchants and guilds supporting them; and you'll get a plethora of interesting roles for women to occupy and flourish in. Interestingly, most people don't have this in mind when they thing of "realistic medieval times" - they seem to think of an all-male battle ground, where the strongest men got to rise to the top, build up a rule of power and oppression, and be surrounded by all other social roles as if they were insignificant slaves. That comes across as slightly fascist and very unpleasant indeed. I'm not saying that one or two medieval kingdoms in Europe could have been that bad, but I wonder how common it was, and for how long it lasted. Some researchers say about the Vikings that they were raider parties organized a bit like the mob on Sicily. However, they were never fully integrated into the agricultural life of the Viking Age, where women and other ethnicities had quite distinguished roles. They were woven into its fabrics, but rather loosely.

When I read this article I can see where your "flawed" ideas about medieval Bohemia came from. I don't mean it as insult or such just let me try to explain where problems are.

1) Castles - your vision of Bohemian castle obviously much differ from reality and its probably caused by language barrier.  When most castles in France, Italy or Spain looked like you described, most Bohemian castle (including both in KC:D, where second was ruin) were more mere keeps with less then 50, 40 inhabitants. In 15th century there were less then 10 castles in whole including one in capital Prague with noblemen rich enough to have court or sponsor artisans.

2) Women - first problem with woman as main character start with main setting as blacksmith. Smithery was very lucrative business in this era and was bound by strict guild laws - and one of them was no women. Romantic idea about daughter helping h father and becoming smith is nowadays fantasy. In this era you need permission of guild to become apprentice, then study about 7 years and then again got permission for own smith shop. Try it different and live elsewhere then deep border woods and mountains and you would most probably end with broken hands and fingers because crippling injuries were popular solution of freelancer problems in guild sphere of influence.

In fact there is only one case when woman can become blacksmith - when she was widow of blacksmith and it was temporally till next marriage, first adult son or acknowledging of apprentice of deceased smith.

3) Ethnicity in central Bohemia - except Jews and Gypsies there were none.

Bohemia was only nation in central Europe spared of raiders invasion from Asia. Mongols in 13th century literally stopped at Bohemia doorstep after plundering Poland and Hungary because Genghis Khan died month before planned invasion and immediately Mongols returned to Central Asia to fight for khan title. All later Asians settlement were founded hundreds of kilometers further on east and southeast.

And when people with dark skin were quite common in southern Europe, France and England, in central Bohemia were extremely rare and only as visitors. Reasons are simple

- Bohemia region never was destination for African slaves, in fact it was major source of Slavic slaves till 12th century.

- Bohemia had no access to sea so it didn't participate in colonialism.

- Bohemia had no direct trade route to Middle East and Africa. Goods from these region arrived to southern Europe, then to France or Vienna and than, accompanied by French and German trader, to Bohemia. 

In fact first written evidence about man with black skin came from year 1467 (sixty years after KC:D). It was two Portuguese slaves, gift from Portuguese king to Czech emissary Lev z Rožmitálu. And in this journal was even written dialog between P. king and Lev about "Moors" in Bohemia because king was surprised by Lev request of such cheap present (hundreds of thousand slaves came through Portugal these days). And Lev said : "There are none and we rarely saw them."

Ufff.... this a HUGE wall of text, I know, but I hope it help to understand how diffident was situation in central Bohemia against Southern Europe and France which are today often presented as model of ethnic diversity for whole Europe.  

• Like 6

Warhorse Studios has just replied what their stance is on having multiple ethnicities in their game, and I really appreciate their response:

Ahmad Khan: "I am a person of color and here's my take, if its logical and historically sensiable then do it, north-african traders,berber mercenaries,turkish schlors, jewish refugees escapping presecution, Slavic orthodox priests,the Roma people, are all logical and historically verified minorites. The rest of the world not as much."

Warhorse: "Very well said. This is exactly how we see it."

This is great news, I reckon! :)

This is true for cities on the whole where there were such minorities, but these were an extremely small part of the genetic make-up and made no impression on the gene pool on the whole, indeed some minorities would find themselves losing any distinctive racial profile as they interbred with the native population, yet keeping their culture. However in the countryside, among the largely agrarian poulation their occurence would be rare to non-existent and there you will find only the native population who regard the local market town as a exotic locale and have no intention of leaving their home.

North African traders yes, the Mediterranean is the finest and safest road in that part of the world. Berber mercenaries seems like a bit of a stretch, you're more likely to see Dogs of War from Europe passing through for the acquisition of Byzantine gold. Turkish scholars i'm not so sure of, considering the recent Crusades in the Holy Lands and the antipathy to the unbelievers that this is bound to have caused. Jews obviously, they will probably be an old and established part of the big cities. Orthodox priests maybe but i'd say that you're more likely to see refugees from the Seljuk's assault on the Empire. Roma yes, they're still there.

Travelling is dangerous and difficult at this time, thus my reference to the Mediterranean being the best of roads, and I hope this is brought to bear on the game.

Edit: For clarification what i'd personally like to see is bustling lively cities that are colourful, dirty, dangerous and exotic while in the countryside i'd like to experience the culture that bore those cities and some form of national character. That's an ideal case for me personally.

2nd Edit: Re Bryy's problem with sex and sexism in the Witcher, i've got to disagree i'm afraid. Yes there was the silly sex cards of the first game which the developer learned from and removed, but there were also strong women like Sile and Philippa Eilhart who made the world dance to their whims, who outwitted the protagonist and sought to change the world for what they saw as a better way.

Obviously there was a Chaucer like Merry Wives of Windsor vibe running through both games but Geralt is helped and saved multiple times by a woman, and is roundly decieved by others. There are few games that feature women of such strength and self motivation, mainly Obsidian ones, and personally I like this. As antagonist they're a lot more effective when treated as such and as npc's worthy of cooperating with, this is far more palatable to me than the usual slaves to the protagonists who have no self motivation, no impetus and cannot achieve anything without the players help.

The worst sexism of the Witcher I would say was undeniably aimed at men, Bernard Loredo is far more loathsome than any other character male or female.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Warhorse Studios has just replied what their stance is on having multiple ethnicities in their game, and I really appreciate their response:

Ahmad Khan: "I am a person of color and here's my take, if its logical and historically sensiable then do it, north-african traders,berber mercenaries,turkish schlors, jewish refugees escapping presecution, Slavic orthodox priests,the Roma people, are all logical and historically verified minorites. The rest of the world not as much."

Warhorse: "Very well said. This is exactly how we see it."

This is great news, I reckon! :)

This is true for cities on the whole where there were such minorities, but these were an extremely small part of the genetic make-up and made no impression on the gene pool on the whole, indeed some minorities would find themselves losing any distinctive racial profile as they interbred with the native population, yet keeping their culture. However in the countryside, among the largely agrarian poulation their occurence would be rare to non-existent and there you will find only the native population who regard the local market town as a exotic locale and have no intention of leaving their home.

North African traders yes, the Mediterranean is the finest and safest road in that part of the world. Berber mercenaries seems like a bit of a stretch, you're more likely to see Dogs of War from Europe passing through for the acquisition of Byzantine gold. Turkish scholars i'm not so sure of, considering the recent Crusades in the Holy Lands and the antipathy to the unbelievers that this is bound to have caused. Jews obviously, they will probably be an old and established part of the big cities. Orthodox priests maybe but i'd say that you're more likely to see refugees from the Seljuk's assault on the Empire. Roma yes, they're still there.

Travelling is dangerous and difficult at this time, thus my reference to the Mediterranean being the best of roads, and I hope this is brought to bear on the game.

Edit: For clarification what i'd personally like to see is bustling lively cities that are colourful, dirty, dangerous and exotic while in the countryside i'd like to experience the culture that bore those cities and some form of national character. That's an ideal case for me personally.

You're absolutely right! When I've been doing genealogy, for instance, and then pouring over late medieval and more recent church records, the number of distinct ethnic minorities in rural parishes can almost be counted on fingers in several European countries, and then usually it was remarked upon by the clergymen.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

If the guys at Warhorse stand by their vision of KC:D as "historically accurate", "realistic", etc, they really ought to research the subject thoroughly, and I promise you that they will be surprised how varied and diverse Central Europe could be in those times: using several languages in the same areas, people with varied ethnic backgrounds, especially in and around courts (and there are indeed two castles in the KC:D map). The same goes for women, having two courts in the game, along with all artisans, merchants and guilds supporting them; and you'll get a plethora of interesting roles for women to occupy and flourish in. Interestingly, most people don't have this in mind when they thing of "realistic medieval times" - they seem to think of an all-male battle ground, where the strongest men got to rise to the top, build up a rule of power and oppression, and be surrounded by all other social roles as if they were insignificant slaves. That comes across as slightly fascist and very unpleasant indeed. I'm not saying that one or two medieval kingdoms in Europe could have been that bad, but I wonder how common it was, and for how long it lasted. Some researchers say about the Vikings that they were raider parties organized a bit like the mob on Sicily. However, they were never fully integrated into the agricultural life of the Viking Age, where women and other ethnicities had quite distinguished roles. They were woven into its fabrics, but rather loosely.

When I read this article I can see where your "flawed" ideas about medieval Bohemia came from. I don't mean it as insult or such just let me try to explain where problems are.

1) Castles - your vision of Bohemian castle obviously much differ from reality and its probably caused by language barrier.  When most castles in France, Italy or Spain looked like you described, most Bohemian castle (including both in KC:D, where second was ruin) were more mere keeps with less then 50, 40 inhabitants. In 15th century there were less then 10 castles in whole including one in capital Prague with noblemen rich enough to have court or sponsor artisans.

2) Women - first problem with woman as main character start with main setting as blacksmith. Smithery was very lucrative business in this era and was bound by strict guild laws - and one of them was no women. Romantic idea about daughter helping h father and becoming smith is nowadays fantasy. In this era you need permission of guild to become apprentice, then study about 7 years and then again got permission for own smith shop. Try it different and live elsewhere then deep border woods and mountains and you would most probably end with broken hands and fingers because crippling injuries were popular solution of freelancer problems in guild sphere of influence.

In fact there is only one case when woman can become blacksmith - when she was widow of blacksmith and it was temporally till next marriage, first adult son or acknowledging of apprentice of deceased smith.

Bohemia was only nation in central Europe spared of raiders invasion from Asia. Mongols in 13th century literally stopped at Bohemia doorstep after plundering Poland and Hungary because Genghis Khan died month before planned invasion and immediately Mongols returned to Central Asia to fight for khan title. All later Asians settlement were founded hundreds of kilometers further on east and southeast.

And when people with dark skin were quite common in southern Europe, France and England, in central Bohemia were extremely rare and only as visitors. Reasons are simple

- Bohemia region never was destination for African slaves, in fact it was major source of Slavic slaves till 12th century.

- Bohemia had no direct trade route to Middle East and Africa. Goods from these region arrived to southern Europe, then to France or Vienna and than, accompanied by French and German trader, to Bohemia. 

In fact first written evidence about man with black skin came from year 1467 (sixty years after KC:D). It was two Portuguese slaves, gift from Portuguese king to Czech emissary Lev z Rožmitálu. And in this journal was even written dialog between P. king and Lev about "Moors" in Bohemia because king was surprised by Lev request of such cheap present (hundreds of thousand slaves came through Portugal these days). And Lev said : "There are none and we rarely saw them."

Ufff.... this a HUGE wall of text, I know, but I hope it help to understand how diffident was situation in central Bohemia against Southern Europe and France which are today often presented as model of ethnic diversity for whole Europe.  

Well I'm not sure if what you saying is true because I haven't confirmed it but it was a very interesting read, nice one :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

First of all: I know zilch about Bohemia at that specific time, so I was just speaking from my broader knowledge of other countries, so it was indeed flawed and guesswork on my behalf. :)

If what you write is built upon a profound knowledge on the subject of 15th cy Bohemia, I'm very happy that you took the time and wrote it all up.

Most of my arguments is about KC:D being a RPG game with some ambition of being "historically accurate".  I just wish to emphasize that it is a game and as such it's perfect for roleplaying, even roles that are tangent on the next-to-impossible, but still slightly plausible, as it were. At least it would make for an entertaining game, and I'd love to see the NPCs responses to my character.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

First of all: I know zilch about Bohemia at that specific time, so I was just speaking from my broader knowledge of other countries, so it was indeed flawed and guesswork on my behalf. :)

If what you write is built upon a profound knowledge on the subject of 15th cy Bohemia, I'm very happy that you took the time and wrote it all up.

Most of my arguments is about KC:D being a RPG game with some ambition of being "historically accurate".  I just wish to emphasize that it is a game and as such it's perfect for roleplaying, even roles that are tangent on the next-to-impossible, but still slightly plausible, as it were. At least it would make for an entertaining game, and I'd love to see the NPCs responses to my character.

Don't worry Indira, in my world you're an expert on 11th, 12th , 13th , 14th , 16th , 17th and 18th cy medieval history. We can't win them all :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks.

Unfortunately I can't provide references to all three points of my arguments because they are (surprisingly) in Czech. But my knowledge about women in medieval law came from studies on law university (so it was taken directly from textbooks and notes from lessons) and Asian raiders in Europe are one of my favorite part of history so I have quite detailed information about them.

First Moor in Bohemia is relatively common known fact from basic school because travel of Lev z Rožmitálu is important part of our history and journal was later novelized by one of classic Czech writers. But this part is from original journal (only in Czech online and I wasn't able to found Latin translation).

But at least I can show you mentioned difference between castles.

a) Castle in France Chateau de Pierrefonds

File:Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Pierrefonds_vu_depu

b) One of biggest Gothic castle in Bohemia Karlštejn 

File:Karlstejn.jpg

c) And finally castle Pirkštejn which would appear in KC:D. As you can see, difference in quite obvious. :)

File:Pirkstejn_1.jpg

Edit: Sorry, pictures don't worked (I rarely used them in forums.) :(. So use provided links to Wiki, please.

Edited by JamesFaith
  • Like 2

Nitpick: You start as the *son of* a Blacksmith. Strict as the rules were, I don't think they banned blacksmiths from having daughters. :p

And in most of Europe guilds allowed women to work in their fathers and husbands forges and in some cases they were allowed to own and run forge if they inherit one, I don't have any knowledge if they did or didn't have these exceptions in Bohemia. It should probably also be mentioned that even though woman could own and run forge she could not get guild's permit, which often meant that she needed to sell forge or hire journeyman work for her to actually run her forge.

• Like 1

Nitpick: You start as the *son of* a Blacksmith. Strict as the rules were, I don't think they banned blacksmiths from having daughters. :p

And in most of Europe guilds allowed women to work in their fathers and husbands forges and in some cases they were allowed to own and run forge if they inherit one, I don't have any knowledge if they did or didn't have these exceptions in Bohemia. It should probably also be mentioned that even though woman could own and run forge she could not get guild's permit, which often meant that she needed to sell forge or hire journeyman work for her to actually run her forge.

Yes woman in Bohemia can inherit husbands forge and continue in his craft, but I'm not sure about daughters. I tried to check it in my materials and on net but I found only guild rules for widows - f.e. they can only married another mister or journeyman who have to ask for mister privilege, marriage with anyone else would lead to lose of smith privilege. Also there were small differences in heirship in different regions of Bohemia based on city laws.  

But because wife had obligation to help his husband in his craft (so she was considered able to continue in his job) and daughters hadn't,  I consider more probable that daughters inherits possession, but not smith privilege and have to sell or rent their forge. (but not 100% sure here)

• Like 1

I find it suspicious that Elrond is advocating for females in the workforce.

Update 14 gave us a first-person combat video, and the combat looks absolutely fantastic. Possibly, the best combat animations ever! :w00t:

Holy jesus...

That was all actually in-engine, too.

Jesus.

"Please, Peter, make a movement."

But I also noticed how they said this:

"You will be fighting for your wife."

I think we can confirm that you can ask for sandwiches in this game.

• Like 1

Update 14 gave us a first-person combat video, and the combat looks absolutely fantastic. Possibly, the best combat animations ever! :w00t:

Holy jesus...

That was all actually in-engine, too.

Jesus.

"Please, Peter, make a movement."

But I also noticed how they said this:

"You will be fighting for your wife."

I think we can confirm that you can ask for sandwiches in this game.

He actually said "You will be fighting for your life." Hahaha, Slavic accent is sometimes funny and harder to understand :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Of course!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

They've passed £1M now! And it's still 14 h to go. They have introduced a new stretch goal: getting a high profile actor on board! :)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Brian Blessed. For that we need £1.2m). They will reach almost $2M at this pace. Wow!

They've passed £1M now! And it's still 14 h to go. They have introduced a new stretch goal: getting a high profile actor on board! :)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Brian Blessed. For that we need £1.2m). They will reach almost $2M at this pace. Wow!

I see they are allowing a Dog companion, I am concerned that this isn't realistic and accurate to Medieval history. What are we going to do about this??  :biggrin:

• Like 2

John Milton 

I see they are allowing a Dog companion, I am concerned that this isn't realistic and accurate to Medieval history. What are we going to do about this??  :biggrin:

Love is in the air!!! :wub:

• Like 1

Even if you mean it as joke its quite off because there were quite a lot of dogs in medieval history, but maybe you can raise and issue that you cant choose gender of that doggy

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Even if you mean it as joke its quite off because there were quite a lot of dogs in medieval history, but maybe you can raise and issue that you cant choose gender of that doggy

Excellent concern raised Chilloutman, if we can't choose the gender of the dog companion then the dog companion shouldn't be in the game. I like the way you think :grin:

John Milton