RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

It's so bad it makes me want to scream. http://i.imgur.com/3YRiXol.jpg

I am completely out of the loop when it comes to Wasteland, but what exactly is wrong here? Grid-based inventory?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am completely out of the loop when it comes to Wasteland, but what exactly is wrong here? Grid-based inventory?

I'm assuming he's referring to the dialogue.  Personally I'm fine with the UI.  Hopefully you can change the vertical height of the dialogue window.  It would be cool if you could change font size also, but that's probably asking too much, especially since its styalized rather than transparent.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/03/editorial-why-games-should-enter-the-public-domain/

RPS on why games should enter the public domain in 20 years or so.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Released a while back, but now it has a trailer!

TB's look at it

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm assuming he's referring to the dialogue.  Personally I'm fine with the UI.  Hopefully you can change the vertical height of the dialogue window.  It would be cool if you could change font size also, but that's probably asking too much, especially since its styalized rather than transparent.

That's not dialogue, that's just descriptions of locations, as far as I'm aware. Like in Icewind Dale when you clicked on certain objects it described them.

My thoughts on how character powers and urgency could be implemented:

http://forums.obsidi...nse-of-urgency/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/03/editorial-why-games-should-enter-the-public-domain/

I'm against copyright altogether, but this author is so stupid, it seems to me that it's just plain old sabotage. Someone paid him to sabotage good ideas and to make them look stupid through his own stupidity.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I am pleasantly surprised by that (but not much, since I assume it'll be Steamworks), but on the other hand have also been pleasantly surprised by some of Uplay's functionality (but also have been exposed by some terrible brokenness) in the course of having just one game on it.

+ Offline mode stays offline mode, and doesn't bug you about it like Steam's prompt every time you start it. Even if you go online for a session, it'll start again in offline mode the next time you launch it.

+ Global toggle for cloud syncing, which is great because....

- Cloud syncing doesn't work for me. At all. Progress bar fills up a bit then it errors out.

- Installing a game didn't even work until I ran the Uplay client in admin mode, and there's no obvious way of knowing this other than Google.

It's at a level where if I had the choice of Steam DRM or Uplay DRM, it's a coin toss given the same price.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Darren Monahan confirmed there will be no uplay DRM for South Park: The Stick of Ttuth.

Good news for those who were interested but did not want to buy because of UbiDRM.

W00t W00t??? Does that mean I will be getting my first PC Ubisoft game ever???

*crosses fingers*

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

TESO beta invites are out. Check your mail. I got mine hehehe. The beta starts this Friday.

Wasn't able to participate in the previous one I was invited to, seems like they don't do second chances ;)

Keep use posted, I'm curious how this one will turn out (though, since it's a MMO, my expectations are rather low ;) )

Darren Monahan confirmed there will be no uplay DRM for South Park: The Stick of Ttuth.

Good news for those who were interested but did not want to buy because of UbiDRM.

Holy cow!  Who did Feargus have to sacrifice to Yves Guillemot to be able to escape the clutches of UPlay?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not "game news" so much I suppose, but I'll put it here anyway.

Mamoru Samuragochi admits paying another composer to create his works

:blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-05-dungeon-keeper-review

New Dungeon Keeper game sucks apparently. 

Does make me want to replay DK2 (or play DK for that matter, never have)

I'll say this: If a company isn't willing to sell their games, then they should go into the public domain after a fair period of time (or at least have some fair use clause that says someone else can't profit off of them.)

In George's case; 3dRealms still sells their old games that they still have the rights to, or has many of them available as freeware. The ones that they are still selling shouldn't be made available to public domain (or have to go to a fair use clause.)

In Cliff's case; He (or Epic Games) aren't making any money off of several of their old games like Jill of the Jungle, Extreme Pinball, Xargon, Jazz Jackrabbit, Dare to Dream, ect because they aren't choosing to sell them anywhere. If they continue to choose not to sell them, then I fail to see why they shouldn't go into say a fair use clause. Of course, they already sell Unreal on GOG. It's beyond me why they just don't throw the rest of their old catalog up there as well. Dare to Dream might be a bit tricky, considering it's 16-bit Windows.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-05-dungeon-keeper-review

New Dungeon Keeper game sucks apparently.

You're started with an area of soft ground to dig your first rooms out of, and the imps carve through it with familiar ease. Fill that space, however, and you must start mining the outer edge of the map, made up of gem veins that take between four hours and a full day to excavate a single square. Making space for a basic 3x3 space suddenly becomes a task that can literally take all week

:lol: :lol:

...but really, I'm not surprised at all. Not at all. It's sad, tho. If only because if the idea of a "real" DK sequel was micro-slim before, it's probably completely non-existent now. Oh well...I tend to find lately that I'd rather play the old original versions vs. a modern reboot/sequel 98% of the time, anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

At least if they want to make a real DK sequel, the framework is right there saving them a bunch of time. Get rid of everything hindering it because of those F2P elements & mechanics, and BOOM! Game.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

At least if they want to make a real DK sequel, the framework is right there saving them a bunch of time. Get rid of everything hindering it because of those F2P elements & mechanics, and BOOM! Game.

True enough. We can still hope, but without holding our breaths. :grin:

@Keyrock

I didn't like Evil Genius enough to finish it, let alone replay it. It didn't feel like DK to me at all, outside of the "dig/build rooms!" aspect. But it was interesting for a while. I think I spent a fair bit of time just fooling around in the first few or more missions or something. Can't remember how far I got, really. Heh.

Maybe they can make Imp Simulator 2015

TESO beta invites are out. Check your mail. I got mine hehehe. The beta starts this Friday.

Wasn't able to participate in the previous one I was invited to, seems like they don't do second chances ;)

Keep use posted, I'm curious how this one will turn out (though, since it's a MMO, my expectations are rather low ;) )

If you already gotten invites, aren't they still valid. Only people who didn't get invited previously got new ones this time around I think. The mail I got says my account and characters are still there.

Not that I'll be able to participate this time due to being out of town, but still.