What you did today

LadyCrimson

I caught a mouse on a glue trap once, and it was very difficult to finish it off.  I've used non-kill traps since, I just take them a few blocks away and let them loose in a field.

I ilke that, for me that's a sensible and sensitive way of dealing with the little critters.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Glue trap sounds needlessly messy, I'm using those traps that look like a miniature thunderdome with an opening at the top that is designed like a fish trap. Put some ham in there and you'll capture tons of mice. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've got cats. No mice. Except the dead ones the cats leave as a tribute to the food god!

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've got cats. No mice. Except the dead ones the cats leave as a tribute to the food god!

What type of cats do you have and how many?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've got 5 cats, one is a Norwegian forest cat and the rest are just domestic shorthaired cats, some with lynx-like tufts on their ears. :)

I don't have any particular breed preference or something, I do like the white cats we used to have here though, but they're gone now do to castrations and sterilizations.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The heater in the rabbit pen crapped out last night. So this morning I found the odd sight of eight rabbits piled on top of each other trying to stay warm. It wasn't even that cold last night so I figured they're just wussies. The new heater works though... just checked it.

Maybe they were just having a rabbit gang bang?
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The heater in the rabbit pen crapped out last night. So this morning I found the odd sight of eight rabbits piled on top of each other trying to stay warm. It wasn't even that cold last night so I figured they're just wussies. The new heater works though... just checked it.

Hi Nep :)

Where have you been, there has been a lack of posting lately from some of the regulars and I was getting worried   :blink:

John Milton 

Where have you been, there has been a lack of posting lately from some of the regulars and I was getting worried   :blink:

In court at the Finnish equivalent of Innsmouth and stressed out of my brain.
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

In court at the Finnish equivalent of Innsmouth and stressed out of my brain.

Well good to have you back, I was starting to miss that 'lawyer humour and chatter  " that I'm use to :)

John Milton 

I've got 5 cats, one is a Norwegian forest cat and the rest are just domestic shorthaired cats, some with lynx-like tufts on their ears. :)

I don't have any particular breed preference or something, I do like the white cats we used to have here though, but they're gone now do to castrations and sterilizations.

I love cats, I wanted to see what a Norwegian forest cat looked like so I googled it. They are adorable :cat:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I'd be freaking out too if I was surrounded by fish people.

Well...its all well and good until the genealogy records show you're descended form Obed Marsh and then its just awkward.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd be freaking out too if I was surrounded by fish people.

I would likely kill them all.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I love cats, I wanted to see what a Norwegian forest cat looked like so I googled it. They are adorable :cat:

I briefly rented a room from an old lady who bred them and pretty much always had kittens around. It was extremely therapeutic to come home to a cornucopia of kittens to play with to de-stress after work.

• Like 2

Indeed, the Real Inspector Hound has escaped into the swamps. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I just finished Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon. What a marvelous game, enjoyed the hell out of it from beginning to end. 

You know a game is good when you hear a robot voice saying: I AM THE BATTLE ARMORED DRAGON ASSAULT STRIKE SYSTEM. YOUR KILLSTAR CONTROLS MY BRAINCAGE INSTRUCTING ME THAT YOU ARE MY RIDER.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Long week. Not quite burned with glory, but not bad. Missed you weirdos.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

#ahashtagjustforyou

I've felt burnt out, and even considered talking with a doctor about getting a month sick leave. I have been stressed out at work, even if there are some great moments from time to time. Working conditions are worse than they have ever been.

#ahashtagjustforyou

I've felt burnt out, and even considered talking with a doctor about getting a month sick leave. I have been stressed out at work, even if there are some great moments from time to time. Working conditions are worse than they have ever been.

I tried to imagine what that would mean in practical terms, and pictured you picking a live rabid marmot out of your lunchtime sandwich, with a resigned sigh.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I caught a mouse on a glue trap once, and it was very difficult to finish it off.  I've used non-kill traps since, I just take them a few blocks away and let them loose in a field.

I ilke that, for me that's a sensible and sensitive way of dealing with the little critters.

My first cat was unclear on the whole concept of chasing mice, so I got a non-kill trap. Around here the mice seem to come right back in if they're not exiled at least a half-mile or so away, so I used to drop them off in a nice open area near work instead. :devil:

:cat: After the first dear old cat's passing, I specifically asked the local shelter about cats that had lived on the streets and had needed to hunt for themselves, or better yet to feed a litter of kittens too. The male cat's only flaw as a mouser is that he prefers to play with a rodent for hours before killing it and leaving the carcass where it will earn him praise for being a good boy. The female, who fed her own pregnant belly before the shelter found her and gave her a safe place to become a mamacat, is more interested in eating than playing and will often lose patience and move in for a quick kill on a rodent they've both cornered in the basement. She'll never steal one that the male has already killed, but she'll believe for the rest of her life that she needs to eat enough to nurse a litter of kittens, often leaving only what I think is the stomach and I know is a lot harder to spot before stepping on than a whole dead mouse is. ;(

• Like 1

often leaving only what I think is the stomach and I know is a lot harder to spot before stepping on than a whole dead mouse is.

:lol: Not that I'd find it as amusing if I stepped on such with a bare foot or something, I'm sure, but ... :lol:

None of my cats were/would be good mousers. They're all spoiled, coddled indoor brats who only know that if they give me wide-eyed stares for long enough, tasty food sometimes falls to the floor.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had a funny moment being begged for spare change by some guy in a v-neck sweater, fedora and thick rimmed glasses.  Kicked the usual hobo out of his spot to do this, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra