Hello. Though I'm more of the lurker-type than an active contributor, I thought I'd introduce myself - mainly because, from what I've read, this looks like a terrific community full of intelligent, thoughtful people. :)

I can't bloody WAIT for PE. Planescape: Torment is among my all-time favorite games, like, ever, and though I don't want to give away my age too specifically, my gaming hobby started with the Atari 2600. My favorites include titles from as recent as last year (such as GTA V and XCOM: Enemy Unknown) all the way back to Commodore 64 staples like MULE and Elite. I love early PC stuff such as Descent, Fallout, and so on. I'm an RPG nut (Adventure was my favorite 2600 game, and I love the D&D Gold Box series, the Morrowind series, Baldur's Gate, etc etc).

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I delve into PS3 and Vita games now and again. I have never understood the mentality of loving one platform so much that you'll attack others online; the idea that if you love, for instance, gaming on PC, you have to hate consoles, or vice versa. As well as my PlayStation stuff, I own a largely unused Xbox 360 and a Wii, and when the price eventually drops I'll probably pick up a PS4. Why not enjoy them all instead of hating on certain platforms? My loyalty lies with games I like, not brands.

If you recognize my writing style, it's likely because you've read me. I wrote for the computer gaming and tech industry for more than a decade, doing reviews, news, features, etc, both online and in magazines. I've been in PC Gamer, GameStop, GameSpy, IGN, Ziff Davis properties, CNET properties, and a dozen or so other  markets. I've written about 10 strategy guides for Prima (back in the olden days, when the came in physical form), and another half-dozen or so tech books. I had to quit working because of a chronic medical situation, but I still find time to play games now and then. 

So anyway, yeah, howdy. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!

tl;dr version: Hi. I'm this guy who likes games. Nice to meet you.

• Like 2

Kindness = Intelligence!

Greetings, welcome to the forum :)

And remember to be very vocal in your support for Romance in PoE when it comes up in various discussions :thumbsup:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Welcome, it is a lovely group of people.

Who I hid from for a year to avoid spoiling myself on this game.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Welcome to the forums !

Like yourself the games are what matter to me. But i will admit the type of consol still plays a part for my enjoyment of a game.

I could never play FF7/9 on PC, it doesnt feel right. I need to have that ps controller in my hand.

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

...mainly because, from what I've read, this looks like a terrific community full of intelligent, thoughtful people. :)

Oh, you silly, silly man!  :lol: Flee in fear for your sanity!

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Welcome, SirAcid! :)

From your presentation, I get this feeling you'll feel right at home here. It's just a hunch, but there you have it.

Now now, none of that rudeness! Stand up straight when greeting people, u_u...

8)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

tl;dr version: Hi. I'm this guy who likes games. Nice to meet you.

You're me from the future, aren't you? ... Ohh, that other guy who likes games!  Nice to meet you too :)

Welcome, SirAcid! :)

From your presentation, I get this feeling you'll feel right at home here. It's just a hunch, but there you have it.

Now now, none of that rudeness! Stand up straight when greeting people, u_u...

But what a thoughtful gift :p

(I mean, giving someone the 'hump' might be considered rude, but the hunch is all the rage these days)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled derailing

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hello there!! Glad to be here.

Hello here, glad to be there :)

and welcome

Hello adventurers!

psst, don't forget the shopkeepers, townspersons and captains of the guardses (they might give you quests if you're nice to them) ;)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Decided I'd hijack a post to say, "Hello, I'm new here!" as well. :D

I'm definitely more of a lurker type, but sometimes I get in the mood to converse a lot. Especially among communities for games I have an interest in.

Played most of the Infinity Engine games and looking forward to PIllars of Eternity!

• Like 1

Hello to all my fellow n00bs. :)

Looks like, from our gaming experience, we're all quite prepared for PE. As much as I love a great RPG, I like games with thematic depth even more. That's why I'm so excited by this upcoming title - if it has near the thoughtfulness of Torment, I'll enjoy every second of it. 

Kindness = Intelligence!

I don't mind the idea of romance written into the game, but I most certainly do like that cat.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/