Hi Community

I have not written much in these forum and due to real life not been able to follow them very much (apart from the Ks updates).

I was wonderng if any information regarding the amount of towns in the game has been announced?

I BG (as an example) there was 1 major cities and spanned several areas and then 3 smaller ones and i am curious about these smaller ones. Is there an official number out there on this? Or are we still guessing? I know they have shown pictures of at least one small hamlet plus the stronghold (which could work semi like a town.

I really liked the town of beregost and nashkel so I was hoping for more of these in PoE

There are going to be two major cities, and while not officially confirmed, there's going to be a lot of wilderness areas and quite a few towns.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

If you want some idea take a look at the map : http://anonofholland.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/trentonmap1920.jpg

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

The game will take place on a fairly small part of that map though. In the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood plus surrounding areas. We know Twin Elms is in so it does go a fair bit southwards from it.

(I really, really hope Durgan's Battery is in too. The lore snippets about it sound way cool.)

• Like 4

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

It is an awesome map, I am happy to only get to play a portion of it especially if they bring in new wilderness areas, if they can get anywhere near the sense of exploration in BG1 I will be very happy indeed, that may be a bit outta the scope tho lol.

While it still won't cover every location on the map, I'm sure, I recall a quote (from Josh?) talking about the scope of the IWD games, and how, even if you didn't go to a greater NUMBER of places, necessarily, you covered a greater distance on the map, and saw a greater variety of locations.

So, I think it's likely that, even if the story only gives us a tour of 50% of the map (example percentage), it will give us the scenic tour, rather than "here are all the super-specific locations within the greater-Dyrwood metropolitan area." :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u