All great except these atributtes. I just cant hang on it. I thought that basic attributes should somehow characterise person. Sorry but if I tell about someone that he is ''Penetrating'' what the hell it means? I am not fan of Might as well. And Int give greater AoE for barbarian cleave? just no for me. Anyway not big game breaker

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

This is a great update and all, but it does leave me with an important question.

What does Frermàs mes Canc Suolias mean? And how does one pronounce it?

It means "Brotherhood of the Five Suns".  It's Vailian and is pronounced frehr-MAHS mehs kahnk swoh-LEE-ahs.

Will we get a dictionary of some kind so that it is possible to figure out the meaning of in-game languages?

Looks great. I'm getting more and more excited with each update. :)

• Like 1

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Re: New Attributes

Oh, I was one of those guys who said that there needs to be more important duties to have 6 universally desired attributes. And now we do have more! It feels so good to contribute a bit. :biggrin:

Re: UI

Hmm, I hope the final UI will be at least close to this PS-touched beauty... You raised expectations a lot, which comes with the usual future risks. :) But anyway, I love it too.

Re: Obsessive, quirky concerns

Seeing the game come together, I offer you this scenario.

1. Install Pillars of Eternity.

2. Have loads of fun.

3. ??????

4. Profit

Something will happen in step 3, but you won't even notice it because you'll be enjoying the game too much to care.  :dancing:

Edited by Endrosz

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Cool update. Will there be varieties of banshee creatures? Maybe based on the varieties of ill fortune that plagued them. Good excuse to add more diverse models for them also. Like the banshee model as is but I am wondering about the creature's abilities and how they attack? Would like if there was a way of avoiding combat with them (maybe performing a ritual to woedica would placate them)

Loving the lore about the gods :-)

Edited by Tuckey

One of the creatures that was just finished to Alpha quality is the Cean Gŵla. These banshee-like undead are the spirits of women who died under particularly tragic or traumatic circumstances.

Take a look at the comparison images below.

pe-cean-580.jpg

In-engine and concept comparison of the Cean Gŵla.

Well, given how much clothing they have left, I think we all know what those "traumatic circumstances" were in each and every case. Or are there variants where they died tragically but fully clothed?

I'm just irritated, however, where the ghost loincloth came from. Protecting the souls of children in the afterlife and any other fabric than blue steam is hard to come by and even that is really expensive you don't want to use more of it than necessary?

Amazing update. The last one had me on the edge of going for a higher tier. And with this update you finally did convinced me to go full on in with a collectors box and more as I now am pretty damn sure that my money will be well spent (so I prolly will have to wait for 1 or 2 days to be able to do so).

"Jet, do you know that there are three things I particularly hate......Kids, animals, and women with attitude. SO CAN YOU TELL ME WHY WE HAVE ALL THREE NEATLY GATHERED ON OUR SHIP!"

It all looks great so far, good job.

On the Character Sheet perhaps it might be an idea to Bold or Colour the stat numbers at the top if they are being modified in some way by gear or spells that may be removed.  I know we can see this below but scrolling up and down to know something is not as good as knowing it is being modified at a glance.  I'd also agree as mentioned above that double spacing is too much unless this space is reserved for exceptionally long modifier lists (and the spacing can't auto-expand).

On the name of Pallegina (I'd pronounce it Pal-lay-jeena), I initially liked it when I saw it, had the same flavour as Giovanna.  However considering that she is depicted as a female paladin, it is too odd, basically reads as Paladin with a vagina and once you've read that it's stuck in your head.  If she was any other class,okay....sorry!

• Like 8

On the name of Pallegina (I'd pronounce it Pal-lay-jeena), I initially liked it when I saw it, had the same flavour as Giovanna.  However considering that she is depicted as a female paladin, it is too odd, basically reads as Paladin with a vagina and once you've read that it's stuck in your head.  If she was any other class,okay....sorry!

A female paladin is simply great, but this above is post of the day. Pal-lay-ji-na, who would have thought it? :ninja:

But not that it's anything wrong with that, to quote good old Seinfeld.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A female paladin is simply great, but this above is post of the day. Pal-lay-ji-na, who would have thought it?  :ninja:

But not that it's anything wrong with that, to quote good old Seinfeld.

I guess it's too many years of MMO's where most paladins are Palalol or Paladina, any name with Pal as it's start on a paladin class is going to hurt.  It's all good though, I usually play a paladin on my first play through of any RPG that has the class so I probably won't have room for Pallegina, I can pretend she doesn't exist.  The least they could do is give me the dialogue option to comment on her name.

Yep, I already made a post about it a couple of pages ago. What can be seen can never be unseen.

• Like 1

Yep, I already made a post about it a couple of pages ago. What can be seen can never be unseen.

That's what put me on to it, to give credit where credit is due.  At the time I hadn't noticed that she was a paladin as I read the update on my phone.  I thought it was worth highlighting again.

I feel bad, well not really, maybe a little bit.

Wouldn't go too much in all the tehnical talk. I rather talk about the UI displayed. Personally, I am not as pleased as several others who post here. Let me explains why...

1) First of all, not fullscreen, rather a popup on the world.
2) Like this user;

With the character screen, the records column doesn't seem to be near as important as the rest of the information displayed. Something like a minimal inventory screen would make better use of the space, so you could instantly see how different loadouts affected your stats.

I am surprised inventory and character sheet are not merged into 1. To me, that would make perfect sense.
3) Also agreed with the quoted user that the records sheet should be another tab (like biography) rather than a standard display. This leaves more room for important information
4) Too much a wall of text. I'm hoping the final version spices it up with some icons, for each attribute, for the affected spells. Anything to spice up the monetonius wall effect.
5) Like other posters said, lining up (or in the case of the 9 dex, moving it more to the middle so it doesn't look so out of place) help a lot with visuality.
6) Agreed with red or blue on the numbers if modified (per the original IE-games).
7) The bottom information (Might 13, base 12 + 1 effect) seems to be more suited in an informative descriptive hovering over MIGHT 13 at the top then there at the bottom. IMO. This way it just seems to waste space scrolling.
8 ) I suppose I would group records up. So like the rep, the times are all without whitespace between, then whitespace, then enemy info. Also most time in party should go to the other time-stats instead of middle in combat.

Just my little feedback on the shown UI.
After reading this thread (skipping many a post, so much discussion on stats);

a less rugged surface for the text box in the UI would give a more carved look while being a little easier on the eyes.
on the other hand, the rough surface gives a pirate chest sorta look and maybe that's what you're going for.

aggravating fan-who-thinks-he-knows-**** PS edit below :D
narrWwX.jpg

Am I the only one finding the left FAR easier to read than the right? The background makes the white text much more pop up than that blurry stuff on the right.
I wouldn't see any reason why to make it that way. It looks worse, and it reads worse. What's going on?

(Only really pointing this out since Kaz said he would make it more like the right and I went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo")

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hassat Hunter: You are right. The text to the left pops a bit more.

And as for Might and the ugly abbreviation Mig. Perhaps "Power" is a slightly better choice of word here. And then we would get POW.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***