character sheet UI looks really good IMO. And can I see flowers in the grass behind the menu? excellent! the maps are looking a lot better!

I'm curious, what does concentration do, and how do various classes use it?

And I am very, very pleased to see a button which says "export"

From the bottom of the last page, which many people may miss:

Concentration is similar to Concentration in 3E/3.5 (somewhat similar to Poise in Dark Souls) but it is for everyone, not just spellcasters.  Concentration prevents you from playing hit reactions when you take damage.  If you cannot maintain Concentration, you will play a hit reaction and your attack/reload/spell is interrupted.  We're still defining the system (in fact, I was messing around with the formulae before I sat down), but that's the general idea.

• Like 2

The character sheet looks really good. How did you make this in Unity? Custom code, existing assets from the asset store, or a combination? Working on a game in Unity myself, and it would be nice with some insight into how you make your GUI.

Just tried the backer portal. I think I already responded but wanted to make sure. Sadly, the portal won't load for me. I just get a blank page. Maybe it's getting slammed after update 70?

I'm getting very excited about this game. Each update makes me more and more impatient, but I will persevere. :-

Given Strength (now Might) doesn't seem to influence inventory size anymore, does it mean that every character will carry the same amount of stuff? Or is it going to be determined by something else entirely (class, level, talents) ?

By the way, good job to the art team on Twin Elms, the gods and the character sheet UI, it's all really good stuff. I wonder if there will be wilderness areas with less muted color palettes though? So far most of what's been shown was either foggy or fairly desatured, with the exception of the very first screenshot/mockup (though we haven't seen the latest render of it in detail anyway) and the few dungeons we've seen.

EDIT: Worked on sentence structure and making the message sound less awkward.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver
  • Like 2

character sheet UI looks really good IMO. And can I see flowers in the grass behind the menu? excellent! the maps are looking a lot better!

I'm curious, what does concentration do, and how do various classes use it?

And I am very, very pleased to see a button which says "export"

From the bottom of the last page, which many people may miss:

Concentration is similar to Concentration in 3E/3.5 (somewhat similar to Poise in Dark Souls) but it is for everyone, not just spellcasters.  Concentration prevents you from playing hit reactions when you take damage.  If you cannot maintain Concentration, you will play a hit reaction and your attack/reload/spell is interrupted.  We're still defining the system (in fact, I was messing around with the formulae before I sat down), but that's the general idea.

Will concentration also have any effect on attack of opportunity?

Also, not to be a pain, but could you go into more detail when it comes to attributes? Is it decided what stat will govern the inventory size? Stuff that we do not see on that screen? I'm only interested in stats that are already decided upon.

Also, Critical Hits <-- Perception?

Great update, much appreciated ladies and gentlemen. One question springs to mind, is that pillar of rock in the midst of the Engwithan ruin one of the much discussed pillars of Adra? If so was the structure built around it, or was the pillar added later, and are there any skills that could let our characters guess at this? An archaeology skill and the character who pursues it might be extremely interesting given the complexity of the setting.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've tried 3 separate times to claim my rewards on the backer portal.  All 3 times it got as far as "checkout" and then froze my browser.  Now I get "error 403, you do not have permission to access / on this server" whenever I try going to the page.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

I've tried 3 separate times to claim my rewards on the backer portal.  All 3 times it got as far as "checkout" and then froze my browser.  Now I get "error 403, you do not have permission to access / on this server" whenever I try going to the page.

Backer portal is getting hammered right now.

same error here

Gazing at the (awesome) character sheet, for a second I thought to myself "MIG? What stat is that?" ... then I realized it was Might and rolled my eyes at myself.

Graphically I like the game more and more as we get more visuals. Subtle sometimes, yet also very grand. And I love the rocks/walls/stone floor textures in the arena-like first screenshot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Backer portal is getting hammered right now.

It's not just "right now".  My attempts have been days or weeks apart.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

Josh, please describe the stats if possible. I don't know what concentration is, whether healing is based on spells/abilities that case healing, per-time unit healing for stamina/health or both, etc. is penetration different from the DT piercing? interrupt is what exactly, spell interruption?

In the new scheme, Might affects damage/healing whether it's a single application or over time.  Penetration is something we may or may not use in conjunction with an inherent Penetration value on weapons and other attacks that cause damage.  I'm leaning toward "not" right now.

I see. So perhaps interrupt and conentration go hand in hand? So far, a great idea.

Edited by ItinerantNomad

Love the UI but would love a space or two after the non percentile stats so it gets aligned:

+26% Damage and Healing

+28% Stamina and Health

+18    Accuracy

+24% Penetration and Interrupt

+75% Duration and Area of Effect

+36    Concentration

• Like 4

It's shaping up to be really cool.

Gazing at the (awesome) character sheet, for a second I thought to myself "MIG? What stat is that?" ... then I realized it was Might and rolled my eyes at myself.

Graphically I like the game more and more as we get more visuals. Subtle sometimes, yet also very grand. And I love the rocks/walls/stone floor textures in the arena-like first screenshot.

Same... hehe.

Given modding I'd probably jump at the chance to make em the standard stats. Or not.... we'll see how 1-to-1 they are.

Josh, please describe the stats if possible. I don't know what concentration is, whether healing is based on spells/abilities that case healing, per-time unit healing for stamina/health or both, etc. is penetration different from the DT piercing? interrupt is what exactly, spell interruption?

In the new scheme, Might affects damage/healing whether it's a single application or over time.  Penetration is something we may or may not use in conjunction with an inherent Penetration value on weapons and other attacks that cause damage.  I'm leaning toward "not" right now.

I see. So perhaps interrupt and conentration go hand in hand? So far, a great idea.

Yes.  Interrupt and Concentration are opposed.

• Like 4

It looks so good, thanks !

Now I can go to sleep and sweet dreams ! (yes, it's past midnight in France)

Keep it up !

^^

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Beautiful. I think the attributes are finally getting somewhere. Look forward to playing with these mechanics. Keep up the great work. Upping my pledge to collector's edition soon. :)

Speaking of which, would like to hear what you guys decided about the stretch goals.

Edited by ItinerantNomad