Please please please get rid of pallegina as an NPC name. it offends my sensibilities so.

ok back to reading the rest of this....so far so good. awesome so far. absolutely stunning artwork. the pantheon is actually sounding quite nice (i liked the when woedica reclaims her throne bit, very well-played). Bean, er I mean Cean Gwla (name change I see) looks slightly conrtorted, but 3d characters usually do when they're mid action.

It would be nice if the attributes were treated similarly to the other derived stats (DT, acc, defenses) in that they would get a nice little icon and immediately visible without having to scroll through your huge basic stats window.

also have you considered putting the picture and stats in the middle, between the basic stats page on the left and the other records on the right?

are the stats/attributes (names and mechanics) finalized at this point, or are they still being worked on?

great work so far. happy new year. can't wait for the next update.

Edited by ItinerantNomad
  • Like 1

Splendidful update! 8D!

If we didn't feast enough over the holidays, we can surely meet our fill quota with this update. :)

Excellent progress! I really like the character sheet. I realize it's still alpha stuff and subject to changes, but, I'm just curious... I noticed the stat effects are different there than in the prototype list Josh recently posted in the Attribute Theory thread. Is that screenshot more up-to-date (what you're actually working with at the moment), or was that an older iteration of the stat mechanics?

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Splendidful update! 8D!

If we didn't feast enough over the holidays, we can surely meet our fill quota with this update. :)

Excellent progress! I really like the character sheet. I realize it's still alpha stuff and subject to changes, but, I'm just curious... I noticed the stat effects are different there than in the prototype list Josh recently posted in the Attribute Theory thread. Is that screenshot more up-to-date (what you're actually working with at the moment), or was that an older iteration of the stat mechanics?

I will let Josh comment on all of the systems and where they are at, but I will say that the UI screenshot is fairly new.

At first glance I prefer these stats to the prototype Josh presented earlier. They seem more intuitive, assuming that Concentration is something you really want to have, no matter which class you are. (Looking good otherwise too.)

Edit: not sure about Pallegina. Sounds like somebody's Sardinian grand-aunt.

Edit edit: artwork is full of win.

Edited by PrimeJunta
  • Like 5

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

What a step up in typography! Big thumbs-up! Subtle indentations after headlines, colour consistency, oldstyle(!) numerals, ligatures :D. Is that manually hinted and kerned, or have you gone with a different solution than what you used before? Give all my praise to whoever is responsible!

And what an incredible looking screenshots. Trees have evolved leaps and bounds!

And the attention to detail on monsters that will barely appear larger than an inch on screen!

Thanks for an awesome update!

(23" 4k monitors are now RRP $800, you may want to get one and test your UI on it :) )

Edited by mstark
  • Like 9
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Josh, please describe the stats if possible. I don't know what concentration is, whether healing is based on spells/abilities that case healing, per-time unit healing for stamina/health or both, etc. is penetration different from the DT piercing? interrupt is what exactly, spell interruption?

Concentration is similar to Concentration in 3E/3.5 (somewhat similar to Poise in Dark Souls) but it is for everyone, not just spellcasters.  Concentration prevents you from playing hit reactions when you take damage.  If you cannot maintain Concentration, you will play a hit reaction and your attack/reload/spell is interrupted.  We're still defining the system (in fact, I was messing around with the formulae before I sat down), but that's the general idea.

In the new scheme, Might affects damage/healing whether it's a single application or over time.  Penetration is something we may or may not use in conjunction with an inherent Penetration value on weapons and other attacks that cause damage.  I'm leaning toward "not" right now.

• Like 14

What a step up in typography! Big thumbs-up! Subtle indentations after headlines, colour consistency, oldstyle(!) numerals, ligatures :D. Is that manually hinted and kerned, or have you gone with a different solution than what you used before? Give all my praise to whoever is responsible!

And what an incredible looking screenshots. Trees have evolved leaps and bounds!

And the attention to detail on monsters that will barely appear larger than an inch on screen!

Thanks for an awesome update!

I have to agree. With someone with terrible eyesight, I can't say how grateful I am that we are getting a very easily readable font. This is a very big plus and made me even more excited for this.

• Like 4

character sheet UI looks really good IMO. And can I see flowers in the grass behind the menu? excellent! the maps are looking a lot better! vegetation is the key, and you can really see it. Well done!

I'm curious, what does concentration do, and how do various classes use it? <edit: asked and answered>

And I am very, very pleased to see a button which says "export"

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.