The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

http://www.i4u.com/2014/05/73982/cat-attacks-dog-save-boy

This is really cute, especially if you like your cat stories

Its pretty awesome video.

Our cat we had when I was a kid had kittens and when a doberman in the neighborhood got loose and came around the front fence. It barked at the cat who hissed back, but the doberman was undeterred. Our cat changed tactics by jumping over the fence, landingd on the back of the doberman and starting clawing. She rode the doberman's back through our yard like he was bucking bronco and our cat was a cowgirl.

When the doberman got to the edge of our yard, our cat jumped off his back and calmly walked back to where we had her kittens at. The doberman ran back home yelping. So cats aren't afraid to fight for something, that's for sure.

That's a good story, I like it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://za.news.yahoo.com/video/playlist/barcrofttv/orphaned-elephant-calf-refuses-leave-100634729.html

Not really funny, more poignant. But a good animal story nonetheless

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

aOqOWA6_460sa.gif

Timber!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Huh.  Maybe I'm just cynical, but I've got to wonder who has cameras set up like this so they conveniently catch all the footage.,,

Rough neighbourhood perhaps.  Think the dog got put down, too, but I still wonder what ticked him off to attack the kid.  Not a cat person myself, so all this cat praise in the news is irritating :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

aOqOWA6_460sa.gif

Timber!

This happens when you lift *really* heavy weights and get light headed, you can pass out and drop like a sack of potatoes. Happens at bench presses, power cleans and dead lifts. Some people are more prone to it than others. (never happened to me though)

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Ofcourse she did'nt die, don't be silly, she just fainted, the weights themselves cought the ground before she did. From what I know she won gold three years later. Also, she made the third attempt;
http://youtu.be/JAjILzsdxSA?t=7m

Proof. Does'nt even seem to have a scratch.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've gotten to the point recently where my vision went dim, legs wobbled slightly, and I saw stars while I was throwing the barbell up to do military presses.  I don't have a rack where I live (nor do I have room for one) so I have to clean & jerk the weight up over my head to do military presses.  Luckily it was very brief, I remained conscious, and my legs held out.  

Edit:  Probably a sign that I should back the weight off a bit.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I guess by now this is old hat, but I had a good laugh when I saw this:

A prominent Russian blogger, Rustem Adagamov, tweeted a picture of priests wearing full ceremonial robes with the message: “The ROC categorically opposes bearded men in dresses!”

2zqfvp3.jpg

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Timber!

This happens when you lift *really* heavy weights and get light headed, you can pass out and drop like a sack of potatoes. Happens at bench presses, power cleans and dead lifts. Some people are more prone to it than others. (never happened to me though)

mostly if you have a generally low blood pressure... i know from personal experience.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Low blood pressure in combination with bad hydration is a really killer. Hydrate your body (an hour prior exercise) and do some warm ups before lifting heavy stuff. I've seen people with smashed faces and heads because they fainted and dropped their weights. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.