Undead companion, FTW!

Anyone else seen Warm Bodies? :)

Strange companion + romance. Two birds, one stone. YEAH!

8)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I was thinking more Viconia and Isabela with a twist  but your ones work just as well 8)

I was thinking the same bruce... I was like... pirate captain... manipulative.... hey wait aren't you talking about a Dragon Age character :p?

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd use the word "strange," but unconventional companions are always a plus. That is, not a human/elf. Whether like the talking skull or could even be a plain animal (dog, aardvark, bear, whatever) that doesn't have speech per se.

If something too non-humanoid is more work than it's worth in this instance (not saying it would be, I don't know), then something at least like ... oh I dunno, a semi-deranged troll who yet doesn't want to be the "bad guy" anymore and thus is willing to join your party. Regen/heal bonus. Maybe needs a vigorous slap+1 now and then to remind him/her what side their supposed to be on. ;)

Ok, that's probably cliche too, but you get my drift.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What with the apparent focus on souls, a memorable companion would be one that, without being too overt about it, is the most trustworthy companion you could ever imagine. I mean, the writing for this guy should be such that anyone with a modicum of immersive ability should root for him as if he were the wisest, most compassionate dude ever. This is the guy who risked his own life carrying you out of a burning tavern, this is the guy with whom much of the really interesting discussions on philosophy and morality take place (and this the point about him I would stress the most), this is the guy who sets the standards of what is truly right in this world of suffering and injustice... like all good heroes, he should be an angel in hell, yet with the kind of tragic backhistory that makes you feel for him even AFTER the point during which it is discovered that he is, in fact, soulless, a being that should not be, someone who has, at every turn, used your confidence in him to harvest your mother****ing soul that he may once again be complete. Not out of the kind of trope evil that involves the twirling of mustachios and spontaneous eruptions of "mwoahahahaha", but because of the helplessness of his circumstances, assembling the puzzle that is his story you see glimpses of the excruciating pain and spiritual abandonment that have plagued him for so long and he just cannot help it, betraying all his lofty ideals and high principles because ultimately the fallibility of man always shines through. 

I mean, looking at the more common fare, how many gruff-yet-kind-hearted ale-drinking dwarven berserkers with a Scottish accent does the genre really need?

Edited by Dark Elf
  • Like 1

I mean, looking at the more common fare, how many gruff-yet-kind-hearted ale-drinking dwarven berserkers with a Scottish accent does the genre really need?

That gives me an idea... An extraordinarily refined, clean-shaven, OCD Dwarven scholar/Cipher with a Canadian accent and an alcohol allergy.

C-C-C-C-COMMMBO BREAKER!!! 8)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

One annoying thing all of the strange companions had in common?

Let's put it like this:

A hero, a floating skull, a demonic floating mass of tentacles and an ancient bear god walked into a bar... and nobody gave a damn.

Sometimes there's an encounter or two based around people trying to burn a drow or just beat up a thiefling,

but after you're through with that, it's business as usual no matter who you have around.

You have the common enemy of all mankind with you? Meh, whatever.

• Like 6

There are eleven classes and 11 races (if you discount the Godlike who aren't a true race). I think it's a fair bet there will be one cmpanion of each race/class.

So there will be three new comanions, probably something like a fighter, a chanter and a druid extra. My guess is there is already an Ocean female Paladin And an Aumaua Barbarian already done but as of yet undisclosed. Then there'll be a Wild Orlan, a Wood Elf/ Dark Elf and another (Mountain) Dwarf most likely.

I'm not expecting anything too wierd.

There are eleven classes and 11 races (if you discount the Godlike who aren't a true race). I think it's a fair bet there will be one cmpanion of each race/class.

So there will be three new comanions, probably something like a fighter, a chanter and a druid extra. My guess is there is already an Ocean female Paladin And an Aumaua Barbarian already done but as of yet undisclosed. Then there'll be a Wild Orlan, a Wood Elf/ Dark Elf and another (Mountain) Dwarf most likely.

I'm not expecting anything too wierd.

There will not be a companion of each race and class as it stands, this might expand as they get more money (companions were the top of the list for stretchgoals). There are eight companions so far.

Here's the list of companions so far:

Eder: Human Rogue

Cadegund: Human Priest (with guns!)

Forton: Human Monk

Sagani: Dwarven (Boreal) Ranger

Aloth: Elven Mage

Unnamed: Heath Orlan Cipher

Unamed Godlike class unknown.

One companion remains unknown.  I would suspect that whatever they are, he or she will probably be Amaua.  Of the remaining classes, there's Barbarian, Chanter, Druid, Fighter, Paladin.  

Also, there are ten subraces if you discount Godlike:

Amaua

Hearth/Wild Orlan

Pale/Wood Elf

Mountain/Boreal Dwarf

Meadow/Savannah/Ocean Human

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

Perhaps a companion who is in reality just a receptacle for an unbroken soul that was torn from its original body and bound to a medallion. Currently, the companion has the form of a furry animal who seems surprisingly intelligent, yet possessing the nature of a loyal pet. But it snarls at anybody attempting to remove the medallion from around its neck. Powered by its trapped soul, the pet possesses some unusual abilities that aid you on your quests. Its power is seen to grow in proportion to your own.

In time, you may acquire tools that allow you to learn the truth about your pet. You then discover that it is on a quest to restore itself into its original body, which is serving some diabolical purpose in parts unknown.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Minsc was strange enough :D Go for the eyes Boo!

It could be interesting to have again a 'optional' companion, such as Vicona in BG1, that you could have as a companion only if you used the 'stone-to-flesh' scroll, not just like the others companion in BG1/BG2, that you had 'only' to avoid one or two zones in order to avoid some companions.

Well, there will be a cameo of Edwin/Edwina, right???? :D

At least an epitaph in one of the graveyards that 'of course' there will be? I LOVE reading epitaphs :D

I'm not really concerned about having a racially exotic companion. I want to see how the mundane races are handled in P:E first, given that it will be factioned and prejudiced. That being said, since some of the races are unique to P:E, that will be exotic enough for me. No need to resort to the gimmicks of a monster race companion yet. That sort of thing comes after decades of familiarity when typical dynamics have been exhausted.

• Like 1

I want at least one sarcastic evil guy like HK-47 .Give me an evil golem that will always try to convince me to kill and abuse everyone.

This guy made my kotors' evil playthrough much more satisfying.

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!