Adventurer vs Canon companion

How will you fill your party  

100 members have voted

1. 1. A part of your main character, what will make up your party most of the time:

• Companions (Cannon, Obsidian created, deep characters)
    • Adventurers (Adventure Hall Companions, custom made, but no depth)
    • A Mix of the above
    • Other (undecided, going solo,...)

If I think I've seen all I can during some future replay, then maybe I'll consider creating my own companions.

What if they die off early? :)

Definitely rolling path of the damned/Ironman first playthrough so the Adventurers Hall will be most likely essential to preserve the story bros until I can twink them out in absurd gear :devil: .  Not to mention, there will probably be a few NPCs that are annoying (read: Grobnar/Neeshka) with weird/inferior builds that will bug the hell out of me if I'm running a theme party. With a thriving stronghold up and running hopefully party shuffling will be viable.

One of the things hated about BG2 was being stuck with the same crew for two long-ass chapters.

Edited by PIP-Clownboy

I'll stick with the canon characters until I have thoroughly understood them, their motivations and reactions to each other etc. When I focus on a specific role play then I'll be able to pick the optimal characters for the experience (and whom to replace with custom built alternatives). Perhaps even the custom characters will have some generic responses in scenarios/ with canon characters, just to show they're more than mere automatons. I cannot expect the same level of content as the well crafted canon but even a pittance is more than practically any other RPG in that respect.

• Like 2