Class and Race of your main toon. Poll.

Class of your main toon   

537 members have voted

1. 1. Class of your main toon

2. 2. Race of your main toon

Bit of a necro.

Played through with a paladin and a ranger before finding that I was happiest with my potd aumaua fighter. After carefully developing a dual spear wielding supreme peasant weaponmaster, I realised that fighters can reach unbelievably brutal highs, that I couldn't even come close to on the other classes.

For months now I've considered fighters to be THE best class in the game

• Like 2

I'm planning a "Rauatai Bonebreakers" party actually.

• Theme: military. Standard equipment for everyone except the officer! 
  • PC: Island Aumaua Goldpact Paladin. Pure tank/support, with Zealous Charge aura. 
  • Everyone else: Island Aumaua Fighter, built towards damage.
  • Except maybe I'll take on Kana as ADC.
  • Weapon focus: Soldier.
  • Weapon set 1: Greatsword.
  • Weapon set 2: Pike.
  • Weapon set 3: Arquebus.

Self-imposed constraints:

• Armour: Standard issue, except for the PC officer. I.e., plain-vanilla breastplate or plate armour, self-enchanted to the hilt. The PC officer can wear other armour if it looks military and cool and officer-y. Hand and Key would do it.
  • Other gear: has to look the same on everyone other than the officer. I.e., if one of them wears a cloak, everyone has to wear a cloak. Standard helmets for everyone. Personalized (=unique) weapons are allowed, but only of the approved type.

War plan:

• Open with a volley, then switch to two lines: greatswords up front, pikes in the second row. Proceed to swarm + annihilate the opposition, as the paladin exhorts them to new heights of ferocity.
  • Crank up Lore for all of them so they can use scrolls to make up for the lack of a dedicated caster. Rely on consumables for magical effects. Eat lots of food, as an army marches on its stomach.

Why I think it could be fun:

• I haven't actually used consumables much at all until now, and this would 'force' me to explore the systems since I wouldn't have my usual tools available
  • Zealous Rush makes CC a lot less important because you can get out of trouble pretty easily
  • Should make for an extreme-low-micro party, which would be a change
  • Like 4

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

• 2 weeks later...

Human monk on my first run. Orlan cipher on my second run.

Between the two--monk and cipher--was one significantly more effective, or easier to manage, than the other?

I'm using a cipher now, but I don't feel I'm doing justice to what she has to offer. I've just hired a monk, so I don't know much about her yet.

In the run I plan to bring along into WM2, my main character is a Pale Elf Priest of Skaen. I'm a little surprised so few people actually put a vote for Priest!

If I'm not playing as a Priest, I'm probably running a Wizard or Cipher instead. My first playthrough was as a Cipher actually. Not real fan of making a martial class my main for some reason.

Edited by Wolken3156

• 2 weeks later...

My first run was a pale elf wizard. My second run is a moonlike priest. I'm still dithering about my next run. I can say right now it will be an elf, human, or godlike. I'm leaning towards chanter for some old school barding badassery. Call me Virgil and listen to me cut some syllables to order. Either that or I'll go pally, I think. I'm not much of a cipher fan, although I've used the hell out of Grieving Mother and can definitely respect what she brings to the table. Still, I don't like the smell of what the cipher has cookin'. decisions decsions decsions

bother?

Well this thread's a blast from the past. I voted chanter in this poll way back when but chanter didn't feel right for me on release so my actual first playthrough was as a wood-elf druid.

Still have big love for druids, but a bit dissapointed with their 7th level spells since WM1 and not having anything big to look forward to after getting 5th level spells, hoping they will get some serious 8th level spells in WM2.

For some reason I keep looking for reasons to make my mains either male Pale Elfs or female Savanah Folk. Maybe because I find the male models of most races too big and bulky, and don't really like the female non-human faces.

Yeah, that. It is not because I find redheads attractive or have a weird fascination for non-standard elfs or something...

Nothing to see here, move along...

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I keep looking for reasons to make my mains either male Pale Elfs or female Savanah Folk. Maybe because I find the male models of most races too big and bulky, and don't really like the female non-human faces.

Yeah, that. It is not because I find redheads attractive or have a weird fascination for non-standard elfs or something...

Nothing to see here, move along...

Yeah, Elfs with Beards! 

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

First go Forgiveness toting Death Godlike / Ranger. Last go Aumaua / Rogue dual wield. In the middle tried out some other combo's to for story / dialogue options but my first and last toons have been my favorite just for having such incredible damage output. Nice since those two classes are lumped together eh!? :0{] 

Hmm, my first playthrough when it first came out was a male human paladin (goldpact knight) with the mercenary background. My second playthrough after the release of the White March pt.1 was with a female elf cipher with the aristocrat background. All in all I have to say I enjoyed the cipher more, probably because I knew the game mechanics much better and didn't struggle through most of the game.

My first character (which is still my primary one) is a female human Fighter, a Mercenary from Aedyr. That's pretty much as average as possible, which was intentional - before I knew much about the game, I wanted my main character to be something that could be taken in any direction, and with as little about them dictated right from the start as possible. It worked out pretty well, and using that initially generic character I've familiarized myself with most things that the game world consists of. Now it's much easier to mix it up with more unusual or unique characters, since I can already embed them into the world based on what I know.