Class and Race of your main toon. Poll.

Class of your main toon   

537 members have voted

1. 1. Class of your main toon

2. 2. Race of your main toon

No idea. I lack the ability to make a warrior priest, usually my favourite class combo in any setting, due to the silly decision to not allow dual- and multi-classing. Possibly a fighter or a priest. Then hope for a quick mod to change that strange restriction. Since paladins are usually associated with law abiding do-gooders that is not an option.

Paladins in PoE are not all religiously-affiliated as they are in A/D&D.  The paladin companion, Pallegina, is associated with a secular political organization.  There are "traditional" paladin orders in the world like the Shieldbearers of St. Elcga, Kind Wayfarers, and Fellows of St. Waidwen, but there are also mercenary paladins (Goldpact Knights), battlefield ravagers (Bleak Walkers) and all sorts of other groups.  Without exception paladins are always zealously devoted to their chosen cause, but their chosen causes and codes of behavior are quite varied.

A belated thank you for that clarification. Somehow I've missed it until now.

I guess I will try the game with a human wizard first, just to get the feeling of how robust/squishy casters are.

My favourite type of character though is a rogue with as high intelligence, agility and dexterity as I can get. I guess, the D&D-style rogue pretty much represents the real-life me. Not in terms of stealing and cutting throats, but rather the whole idea of a Jack-of-all-trades, who is also very good at some of those trades.

Godlike Monk. None of the other races appeal to me, they're all ugly as sin. Aumau seem cool on paper, but their character models are hideous. Maybe in the full release we'll get some better/more diverse options but for now Female Nature Godlike Monk it is.

I continue to be torn between Wood Elf Chanter and Godlike Paladin. Chants are more unique and interesting than the auras but on the other hand I like my character to be up in front in the thick of the battle. Quite likely I'll make a the chanter my main and then make a paladin at the adventurers hall.

• 3 weeks later...

My first character will be a class not already represented by one of the 8 companions.

I think that covers fighter, rogue, chanter, cipher, paladin, priest, ranger and wizard?

So that leaves me with Barbarian, Druid, and Monk? Hmm... tough choice. Would probably pick barbarian or druid out of those.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

No idea. I lack the ability to make a warrior priest, usually my favourite class combo in any setting, due to the silly decision to not allow dual- and multi-classing. Possibly a fighter or a priest. Then hope for a quick mod to change that strange restriction. Since paladins are usually associated with law abiding do-gooders that is not an option.

I mean... In the IE games you had to have a multiclass to have a half decent warrior priest because of the silly "only fighters get decent thac0 or bab score" rule. In PoE, just roll a priest, pump might, con, and whichever stat gives accuracy, kit them out in armor with a big whopping weapon, and go to town.

This is coming from someone who almost always plays BG as a Dwarven fighter/cleric. The PoE system is better for us. :)

Edited by Matt516
  • Like 2

Why toon? I'm not playing a toon...

Currently, I'm playing as a Moon Godlike Druid character, horns really fit ;) As for the game after its release, I don't know yet :) An Orlan Barbarian is a funny thing to imagine, and would be less mainstream according to the poll, so that would be interesting as well. Or a Mage of some kind, because I love the way the Grimoires work :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I mean... In the IE games you had to have a multiclass to have a half decent warrior priest because of the silly "only fighters get decent thac0 or bab score" rule. In PoE, just roll a priest, pump might, con, and whichever stat gives accuracy, kit them out in armor with a big whopping weapon, and go to town.

This is coming from someone who almost always plays BG as a Dwarven fighter/cleric. The PoE system is better for us. :)

This statement is rendered somewhat lukewarm by the nerfing of Priest health to 1:3 in the latest patch. Oh well. I guess I can still have a warrior Priest, he just can't tank persay.