Class and Race of your main toon. Poll.

Class of your main toon   

537 members have voted

1. 1. Class of your main toon

2. 2. Race of your main toon

No clue yet. I liked druids and dwarves though, so voted for that. But I give it only a small chance that that actually ends up the char I'll play. In reality I will look up in advance the NPC companions' classes and races and make something to complement them so I won't feel forced later to leave awesomely written companion X behind just because he doesn't work in a party with my PC.

No idea. I lack the ability to make a warrior priest, usually my favourite class combo in any setting, due to the silly decision to not allow dual- and multi-classing. Possibly a fighter or a priest. Then hope for a quick mod to change that strange restriction. Since paladins are usually associated with law abiding do-gooders that is not an option.

Paladins in PoE are not all religiously-affiliated as they are in A/D&D.  The paladin companion, Pallegina, is associated with a secular political organization.  There are "traditional" paladin orders in the world like the Shieldbearers of St. Elcga, Kind Wayfarers, and Fellows of St. Waidwen, but there are also mercenary paladins (Goldpact Knights), battlefield ravagers (Bleak Walkers) and all sorts of other groups.  Without exception paladins are always zealously devoted to their chosen cause, but their chosen causes and codes of behavior are quite varied.

• Like 10

Bah, turns out there was a class/race thread just on this side of boards.

Anyways, like I said before, I'll probably roll aumaua first. I usually like to give the new races a go and the portrait in this week's update looked pretty cool. As for class I think monk has been the most interesting looking class shown thus far so I'm probably going to go with that.

I'm thinking probably dwarf chanter. Dwarf because I have an inordinate love of dwarves, chanter because bards are always the right choice (even when they're not). I haven't decided if I want to go boreal and be skald-themed or mountain and be keeper-of-the-ancient-runes-themed, but either way it sounds like fun.

I'll be whipping out my go to character on my first run, Elven Rogue, but after that who knows? I think I'll have a lot of fun trying a few different combinations.

Voted for Godlike (Elf) Cipher.

Of the races Godlike seems to be the most intriguing. I always liked Planetouched characters (Aasimar, TIeflings), and since you can choose the race of your Godlike, I'll be going with Godlike Elf for flavor.

Cipher is pretty different in terms of the archetypal rpg classes in that it requires you to use both combat and abilities to truly play the class.

If there is an angelic/celestial type Godlike, Paladin would also be pretty cool as a class as well

When you get to the Race dial, you've got to crank it up to Elven to be hardcore. 8)

(A stretch, I know...)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

1st

Probably a human rogue or ranger. Not sure yet, but a shifty egoist smiling troublemaker.

2nd

Probably an elven warrior - or ranger if the 1st was a rogue. A little more cynical but goody-two-shoes in overall.

3rd, 4th, and so on...

Let the experimentation begin!

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Voted Human (but might go fish-man) Priest. I always enjoy making a priest that clobers people with his staff  between spells... so i usually go for strength after wisdom and let him "inspire" people towards finding some faith.

• 4 months later...

Well, looks like I'll have to go for an Orlan or Aumaua Priest or Monk, as those are the least popular so far.

Contrarians represent!

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

At first I was decided to go with classical way - human, probably ranger, but the more i see frm the game and especially character creation the more I'm willing to try something different. So mabye a godlike or at least Aumaua. :)

Wizard, obviously, because wizards are the best always. As for the race, I think the Aumaua look really cool. Maybe I'll go godlike, but I didn't like the looks of the fire ones they showed during the gamescom demo. Perhaps the other ones are better? I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt