Class and Race of your main toon. Poll.

Class of your main toon   

537 members have voted

1. 1. Class of your main toon

2. 2. Race of your main toon

Right now I'm heavily leaning towards making my first character a ranger. Animal companion? Cool. Focusing on ranched weaponry including firearms? Very cool. Stealth? I love stealth abilities. Though I'm not so sure about the race, godlike may be more fun than human.  :)

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm honestly no longer sure.  I was going to choose Human Cipher the first time I played, with Orlan Paladin and Human Wizard for later playthroughs, but now I find myself seriously considering gun-wielding Orlan Ranger with big-ass pet, Elven Cipher, Human Wizard moved up to potentially first as well, Paladin of some sort, maybe even a Druid if they turn out awesome.  Not a monk though, somethings can never be forgiven...

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Umph...

Wizzzzard of course, I like other kind of classes too, but making sequencers and launching magic missiles is just what I prefer above all. I hope to see their description son !

As for the race, I did not remember what was an Aumaua, so I picked it :biggrin: Hope they can rhave more than 12 INT....

Dwarf Ranger probably, the poll opened my eyes though - lots of interesting combinations.

Yeah, it's opened my eyes too - I now realise I could play a Godlike Cipher too, completely forgot the Godlikes for some bizarre reason.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

ranger or rogue im not sure yet, but my philosophy has always been "kill it before it attacks", so these 2 classes fit nicelly

and if half elf is not available i will go for either human or godlike

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

For my first run, I've always prefered characters that can melee, but also have some useful skills outside of combat. Disarm traps in 3E is one I always like to have if possible, so I don't have to rely on a thief companion who may not be all that great.

There's no fighter/rogue in PoE and the rangers appear to be strictly ranged, judging from the update, so maybe I'll just pick a rogue or fighter.

Race is probably dwarf, because I've always liked playing the underdog.

As there's no black knight, dread knight, necromancer, or other classes with similarities, I think I'll be going on a fighter (Hope there will be some sort of dualwielding for them), or a Cipher. I'll see that when I'll get the full information pack. And when I tell Full, it's full, I like theory builds so, wait'n'see.

Edit : Oh yes, there's no Dark elves like in D&D so I guess I will give a shot to ... humans ! for once I'll play as a human .. beee .. ^^

Edited by Nyhilla

I'll probably play a Humanb/Godlike Paladin first, because I usually like Paladins. I just hope the game will have some cool offensive Paladin abilities so I can get my Holy Smite on.

I'm very tempted to play a Dwarven Rogue though, for some reason. Wielding the biggest gun I can find, of course.

Most likely a Human Paladin. A heavily armoured dude dishing out various cool buffs to his allies, whose soul quite literally burns like a man-sized campfire sounds rather cool. Then again, I'll probably change my mind a billion times, especially since the cipher seems tempting as well. We'll see, we'll see

Well, it's a bit too soon but because my first character in Baldur's Gate was an half-elf ranger I will probably play as one in PoE too, changing my race to godlike for variety sake. Also I really liked the portrait of that black female godlike with feathers in one of the screens and I think a ranger (or druid) with weird "animal" features would be something cool to play as. I'm definitely going to try an aumaua fighter or barbarian (I know, I'm a boring person :) ) on my second playthrough.

• 1 month later...