Class and Race of your main toon. Poll.

Class of your main toon   

537 members have voted

1. 1. Class of your main toon

2. 2. Race of your main toon

Voted Orlan Druid, just because it'll be one I play at some point - I don't have a 'main' though as I'll likely play several times with various class/race combos.

Human rogue, Aumaua Monk, Elf Cipher, Dwarf Ranger ... they all sound good ;)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Probably a human fighter.

Rogue and Wizard are also possible choices, depending on stuff we're yet to find out.

(can I make how effective spellsword battlemage, how fightery rogue can you make)

Other races and the exotic classes are for potential replays.

The first time I play, I'll be the nice hero, up front and center.

Edited by Jarmo

I picked an Aumaua fighter. Aumaua because I like the idea of playing as a race that comes without baggage/expectations created by other fiction; a fighter because I want to play with the obsidian created companions but I also like the idea of having two fighters so that I can really lock down choke points with defender mode. I am kind of tempted to go with a chanter though because the idea of creating spells by building phrases sounds very, very cool.

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 2

Godlike Paladin.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I like playing a utility character, So I'm guessing I'll go with a chanter, cipher or druid (I'll know for sure once I'm sure of the mechanics, though right now I'm tending chanter). I'll look at the character portraits and which race synergizes with my class choice and go with that. I'm tending towards Godlike. I doubt highly that I'll play an elf.

Human Rogue or Human Godlike Rogue.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Godlike Elven Wizard. Hmmm... or maybe Orlan. All the races are so unexpectedly appealing. I definitely wanna give godlike a go, though, whatever my race, and I'll definitely be a Wizard.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

A rogue and Ranger are two different answers, why are they the same choice on the poll?

Good question. Also, "godlike" should be like a separate modifier for race, since it's not a unique race, but rather a subset of all other races.

For instance, you can be a godlike Aumaua, a godlike Orlan, a godlike Human, etc.

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

No idea. I lack the ability to make a warrior priest, usually my favourite class combo in any setting, due to the silly decision to not allow dual- and multi-classing. Possibly a fighter or a priest. Then hope for a quick mod to change that strange restriction. Since paladins are usually associated with law abiding do-gooders that is not an option.

Edited by TMZuk