I've never even heard of 95% of the titles that made the final list, but that's not surprising, since that's my norm with such lists.

Although I think a few of the indies are in Steam Early Access now, so I may have seen titles/vague descriptions from there. Not enough to really make an impression, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The only such list* that matters to me (tier more significant than order, limited to 15)...

Original Sin & Pillars of Eternity

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Age of Wonders 3

Age of Decadence

Legends of Eisenwald

Blackguards

Wasteland 2

Dead State

The Banner Saga

Dragon Age 3

Stasis

The Mandate

Witcher 3

Lords of Xulima

* List subject to change

• Like 2

My list was:

Pillars of Eternity

Final Fantasy XV

Thief

Oddworld: New 'n Tasty!

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Odd world i was expecting at 3rd, i loved Abe's Odyssey

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

My most anticipated games are probably:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Dark Souls II

Pillars of Eternity

I'm also very interested in:

Wasteland 2

Dying Light

Thief

Lesser (primarily because of art styles) but still interesting:

Lords of the Fallen

Divinity: Original Sin

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

There Came an Echo

There are other games on my radar, too, but I kept the lists short. Many of the games in the Dorkly poll were unfamiliar to me.

Bayonetta 2 might have made the second list for sheer awesome crazy factor if it wasn't going to be a Wii U exclusive.

EA and Bioware can shove Dragon Age: Inquisition up their rear ends: I am not willing to forgive DA2.

I'm ashamed to admit that I caved in and voted for The Witcher 3 in the last question.

Nothing to be ashamed of! :)

To be honest i was not a fan of witcher 2 at all. I just couldnt get into it =x

I guess it shows you cant create a game that caters to all.

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

That was a stupid way to do voting on those games.  The vast majority of the games on that list I don't even want to play, yet I am forced to vote for 1 if I want my vote to count for the few games I want to play.

1. Witcher 3

2. Pillars of Eternity

3. Dragon Age Inquisition

4. Star Citizen

5. Thief

6. Wolfenstein New Order 

The other 48 games on that list I don't even care about at all.

Aaaargh....I really wanted to do it but ultimately as the choices narrowed I went for No Man's Sky, that indie game made by just four people was immensely impressive and they suffered a flood on Christmas eve and I just felt like the hype would do them more good rather than to a well established company like Obsidian from which any small sentence is big news and everyone hears about it.

1zq6793.jpg

I'm ashamed to admit that I caved in and voted for The Witcher 3 in the last question.

Nothing to be ashamed of! :)

Even if I say it on Obsidian forum in a thread which was meant to help PoE climb up the list? :p TW3 has enough hype already.

"The official voting period has ended. See the results below."

Pillars of Eternity on 41 :) ggwp

Re-posting this for people to see. The voting ended 11 days ago. I said it in another post as well but Pillars of Eternity was on Number 44 and made it to Number 41 in 2 days.

Most people who don't know what Pillars of Eternity is might not give much of a damn, and only look at the Top 10 or maybe even the Top 5 (The "Metacritic Syndrome"). But to me it meant a lot, it means this Community made an impact, even if it is a small one in the eyes of oblivious others.

And with that said (voting ended that is): Would this topic fit better in "Computer & Console", or "Way off topic", now? 

TESO is actually in the top 3? It isn't even being made by Bethesda! It looks terrible, and will likely fall flat on its face. They took out anything that made Elder Scrolls special and made it into some generic MMO. Stupid Zenimax's fault.

Also, no Wasteland 2? Should be in the top 10. Bogus list! :p

TESO is actually in the top 3? It isn't even being made by Bethesda! It looks terrible, and will likely fall flat on its face. They took out anything that made Elder Scrolls special and made it into some generic MMO. Stupid Zenimax's fault.

True that! In your face... umm <just a sec, what was the site name? oh right!> In your faces dorkly.com!

I'll keep my torch lit just in case of some other very important list arise at the site I've never heard of before!

What? Ok, ok I know - it is always good to share the word... I am sorry ;)

<mumbling to himself> None of them "dorklers" will be interested in PoE anyway :p

• Like 1

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

True that! In your face... umm <just a sec, what was the site name? oh right!> In your faces dorkly.com!

I'll keep my torch lit just in case of some other very important list arise at the site I've never heard of before!

What? Ok, ok I know - it is always good to share the word... I am sorry ;)

<mumbling to himself> None of them "dorklers" will be interested in PoE anyway :p

Well, now I just feel stupid for caring at all.  :grin:

Then again, it was a list on the internet...  :unsure:

• Like 1

Indeed it was and I participated in it back then, so don't feel bad because I got little teasy ;)

I bet I'll "vote for it" every time someone brings something similar to my attention. As long as I won't have to register that is.

So as you can see I was laughing at myself too, in the process.

Cheers

• Like 1

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Indeed it was and I participated in it back then, so don't feel bad because I got little teasy ;)

I bet I'll "vote for it" every time someone brings something similar to my attention. As long as I won't have to register that is.

So as you can see I was laughing at myself too, in the process.

Cheers

Oh, I know. I'm a sucker for it, too. It's unfair, really. Those superficial, one-click surveys target the bored far too well.