"Most anticipated game of 2014" on Kotaku

http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/57693/the-most-anticipated-game-of-2014

Pillars of Eternity is currently in the top 50's (of 100 games, I think).

It's simple really, you get 2 games presented to you, vote on the one you anticipate more. If it's a difficult vote (I.E. you are anticipating both games a lot) you can skip and be presented with 2 new games to vote on.

Godspeed my friends.

Yep. I got Stick of Truth and Pillars of Eternity to pick from xD

My end 5 games that I voted on did get a bit wonky though, they came out in the wrong order because I didn't "skip" the last ones properly.

This is my list:
1. Pillars of Eternity
2. Dying Light
3. Kingdom Hearts III
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Destiny

Also want to shamelessly promote this while I'm at it. It's related by "community marketing" I suppose.

I would have voted for it Osvir but the poll was hell bent on putting Metal Gear Solid V against all of the games I like a lot.  My final top 5 from that poll doesn't resemble my real answer because Metal Gear Solid V is my most anticipated game of his year (I love metal gear sue me).  I would certainly rather play Deep Down, Witcher 3, or Project Eternity than Final Fantasy 15.... but 15 kept getting softball opposition until like the last two picks so made it in my top 5.  Those three games though had the misfortune of being paired against MGSV.

I didn't see Wasteland 2 or Blackguards either. Is that because they are in pre-release/beta? That doesn't seem like a valid criteria.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

LOL!

Can a mod please modify the tags for this one btw? I made a routine mistake. This is Dorkly, not Kotaku xD

@Karkarov: If you get a pair that's "unfavorable" or you want to wait to vote on it you can "skip". It doesn't skip the number but say you get Metal Gear Solid vs Pillars of Eternity as your very first vote, then you can skip it and you get paired (randomly) with something else. Also, don't feel sad about FFXV getting into your Top 5, the director is Tetsuya Nomura ;) Also director on Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 ;)

Edited by Osvir

Did a lot of skipping, but finally wound up with:

1) The Witcher 3

2) Pillars of Eternity

3) Broken Age

4) Dark Souls 2

5) MGS V

Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, and Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall would factor in if they were included in the vote.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good job everyone thus far!

Pillars of Eternity is now on 43 (37%) :D it was on 44 (36%) when this thread began. So a slight improvement :)

It is kind of odd, but understandable, why Early Access games aren't available on the list. Likewise, Divinity wouldn't be up there cus it's in some Alpha/Beta stage I believe. Which would be "Closed Early Access", in a way. Early Access games are also "kind of" right around the corner-ish (within a month to a couple of months), so that could potentially also be a reason why they aren't up in the anticipation list. Most of the games in the anticipation list seems to be games coming out late Q2 to Q4 of 2014 (and some might even be delayed to 2015). I wouldn't be surprised at all if Final Fantasy XV came out early Q1 2015 for instance.

Similarly, Hearthstone isn't on the list. Starbound isn't on the list. Xenonauts isn't either. Godus. DayZ. 

There should be an "Most Anticipated Early Access Completions" xD or "Most Anticipated Kickstarters".

Tides of Numenera isn't on the list though, which is odd. Or is ToN expected 2015? Edited by Osvir

1. Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS

SRSLY? :wacko:

Why the surprise?  People love Smash Bros., on account of it being awesome and fun.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why the surprise?  People love Smash Bros., on account of it being awesome and fun.

Sure, it can be hella fun... but the most anticipated game of 2014? Come on! Again, de gustibus non est disputandum, I guess... :skeptical:

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

1. Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS

SRSLY? :wacko:

I was curious of that myself.

I understand people wanting it but everyone knows what the game will be.

Surely there must be a new game that captures peoples imagination more.

• Like 1

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

I don't find it surprising at all. You can't underestimate how much people love Smash Brothers. The differences between Melee and Brawl weren't massive, but the former was undoubtedly a superior game in terms of skill matchups and is still a tournament standard. Minute differences can be huge in competitive games, so anticipation over how they're going to do the next game is going to be significant.

I didn't use my skips right, so Broken Age and Star Citizen ended up topping Watch Dogs and Dragon Age on the bottom of my list. Kind of a weird setup.

Nintendo fanboys are more fearsome than anon sometimes.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Three games from that list that I care about (PE, W3, HM) are not even in the first 10 atm...

But then again, does it mean anything to me?

...well, no :p

• Like 1

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

I found myself choosing between games I hadn't even heard off...

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Glad to see this, but such ratings mean nothing to me. Also, I have no interest in these games besides Eternity and Witcher 3.

"Truly, all titles and games fall utterly short of your awesomity, oh Eternity and Witcher 3."

Bilbo-Baggins-discovers-Sma.jpg

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...