How Is Chris Avellone able to do all this?

Darth Trethon

As most Obsidian fans are aware Chris Avellone is very in involved in three game Kickstarter campaigns: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera....and involved in no small measure since he is writing novels, characters and reviewing scripts. That has to be more than a full time job right there.

Except it doesn't end there, then this happened: 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/waysidecreations/legend-of-grimrock-the-series

I just kind of ran into this kickstarter video and watched in disbelief.....during the presentation video at about the 2:10 mark I see this dude that looks exactly like Chris Avellone and the first thing that crosses my mind is: "What the hell? Is that Chris Avellone? No, no, no I'm tripping, there's no way in hell....he's already working on three different games right now." So I keep watching but I keep thinking there's no way that could be him. And then at 3:13 some dude says "Chris, what do you think?" and I'm just tripping big time at this point, I'm thinking "Chris? Did that dude just call this Avellone twin or something Chris?" I had to rewind a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I scroll down the main KS page and I run into this:

"Chris Avellone from Obsidian Entertainment (Fallout: New Vegas, Knights of the Old Republic 2) is attached to the series as a writer."

cf408b4287bd9c242b5d86582db6bdf4_large.j

Which of course now it means I have to back the project and all but how is this even possible? Is Obsidian or someone forcing him to like never sleep and just work 24/7 on all these projects or something?

1zq6793.jpg

Maybe, like other greats Philip K. ****, and George Alec Effinger, he takes heroic doses of ...er... nutritional supplements.

Or he might just be American.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He was sent back in time from the year 2025 to save the rpg genre from being wiped out by an evil time-travelling corporation...

...he had the foresight to bring back a few scripts with him.

• Like 5

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

[snip]

That guy that stands besides him, looks very much like him.. I wont be surprised if its a honorary writer title as a favor to his relative, so that they can get more attention to this project.

Its not.

Chris Avellone is a conduit for an extra-dimensional energy source known as the Speed Force.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

MCA operates outside the regular rules of time and space.  He can simply step outside of the flow of space/time, get a bunch of work done, then step back in without any time having passed.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Like many writers I imagine it helps Avellone to work as much as possible. It's simply the best way to hone your craft and the more varied the projects the better.

I mean he can create prefect duplicates of himself like Jamie Madrox

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

5-Hour-Energy-shot.jpg

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Avellone is a cyborg.  I thought this was common knowledge?

I thought he was an army of clones whilst the real Avellone is hanging out on his own private island, issuing commands via satellite and such. But I can go with cyborg, too.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So it turns out that MCA's Wasteland 2 novella will now be a full length novel. He must have really given up on golf.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Personally I think those Obsidian concepts that cropped up some time back about a time travel science fiction game were actually early stages of Avellone's time machine, which he's clearly successfully made with the help of funding from Obsidian's other founders.

When the concepts got leaked, Obsidian created the "game" concept to explain the artwork so people wouldn't realize they're now in control of all time and space.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I implicate a country known as Tibet.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.