What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

I still haven't been able to cut off an enemy's left hand (the doktor wants me to for some memory thing) because I can't get a handle on the sword mode.  But that probably speaks more to my skill level (lack of) than the combat mechanics.  ;(

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is anyone here looking at playing Might and Magic X -Legacy? Didn't know if anyone had any opinions on it with the release being so close (Jan. 23rd or so).

I enjoyed the beta and I am excited for the full release.  I almost forgot it was this week!

Had no idea it was imminent either. Was planning on ignoring it, but $18.75 on GreenManGaming, hmm. I've managed to steer clear of Uplay all this time, but not as opposed to it as I might have been in the past.

(With regional pricing firmly in play, Steam is asking $35 and Ubisoft are asking $40. Yeah, no.)

EDIT: Mildly amused by Gamefly's region restriction:

This title is available for purchase in American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), French Guiana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Democratic People's Republic of, Korea, Republic of, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Suriname, Taiwan, Province of China, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam.
Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Is anyone here looking at playing Might and Magic X -Legacy? Didn't know if anyone had any opinions on it with the release being so close (Jan. 23rd or so).

I enjoyed the beta and I am excited for the full release.  I almost forgot it was this week!

It's tomorrow, isn't it?  I'm pretty pumped.  I liked what I got to play during Early Access quite a bit.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have been playing some Arklash: Legacy

I haven't gotten very far yet. It is a party based game. Isometric view and active pause combat. You start with 4 characters, which is also the mx active party size. More characters can be found later during the game (got one so far).

Each character has 4 abilities (2 at level 1, gaining 1 at 2 and one at 3). From level 4 onward, characters gain skill points with which they can upgrade those abilities. Each ability splits into two paths.

Every character has a strength and weakness that makes them play slightly differently from the rest. Thus you have a fighter who uses her own health to fuel her abilities and who heals herself whenever she lands a killing blow. You have a healer who does not regenerate mana on her own, but has to drain health from a friendly target to replenish her mana.

They tried to make combat interactive. You knock down enemies to interrupt spells from being cast. The heal of that starting healer is a wave attack that heals the first person it hits - regardless of friend or foe - forcing you to reposition during fights.

They have also tried to add tricky boss fights. For example the boss' flunkies cast a healing ritual ever so often to heal him back to full HP. While normally that would mean you'd take them out first, the boss has a healing aura that makes killing them impossible. The solution is clever positioning: each of the flunkies sends a healing ray at the boss. If your party stands in the way of that, it can poach the healing effect. It took me a while to figure out and to then get the positioning right. Still, it gives me some hope for later boss fights in the game.

Voice acting is ok, not helped by the occasional delay in playing the responses. When the party leader shouts a cheesy "one for all all for one" style rallying cry, it does sound off, when it takes the rest a second to respond.

There are some typos in the text. Enough to be noticeable.

I can't say much about the story yet. Your party are all Wheel Swords, mercenaries of the Goldmongers Guild. The Goldmongers are the bankers and loansharks of Arklash, and have been lending money to everyone. When payment is due, they send their Wheel Swords to collect. Of course during the latest mission of your team, things take a nasty turn.

And that's all I have to say for now.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just starting out in BG:EE, I'm somewhat of a noob but I get the feeling that regular ass kickings are just part of the experience until I level up...s'pose that's what all the wilderness is for eh?  :bat:

Heh, yeah. Ranged weapons for everyone is highly recommended unless you enjoy resting/loading after every squirrel and leprecon.

My own third try of finishing the game stopped about a month ago, I guess it's just not meant to be.

Just starting out in BG:EE, I'm somewhat of a noob but I get the feeling that regular ass kickings are just part of the experience until I level up...s'pose that's what all the wilderness is for eh?  :bat:

Heh, yeah. Ranged weapons for everyone is highly recommended unless you enjoy resting/loading after every squirrel and leprecon.

My own third try of finishing the game stopped about a month ago, I guess it's just not meant to be.

You kill squirrels!?!?!?

May your party be eternally stuck reloading!

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Something I forgot about Arklash: Legacy is the recycling system. Loot you no longer need you do not throw away or sell (at least not so far), instead you ctrl right click it into the recycler. Based on the item's power, the recycler starts to fill up. When you completly fill it, it creates a legendary item of the same type as the last item that was recycled.

Realised the perils of bad design in CiM2.  Also it can be fun to try to salvage things, heh, but now I see what people mean by the pathfinding being silly as people will crowd a bus stop to transfer to another line whose stop is in walking distance of the first one, or will transfer off a line to another line and then back to the line they were on in the first place.

Giving that a rest, now though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still Torchlight2 .. determined to actually finish the game this time (I'm in late Act3 now).

Playing the game, however, has made me realize how much I've grown bored of games where 98% of the game is so easy you can play it in your sleep, whilst the occasional boss fights are almost one-shotters the first time you do it (before you're aware of their attack mechanics). I'd like a little more difficulty consistency throughout.

To be fair, I am playing on Normal, but I did play on a harder difficulty once and the first couple of Acts were barely any harder...and still has the issue of a few fights being ridiculous while the rest is pretty mundane. That all said ... I love the Outlander and running around with my dual pistols and pet attack-panther, who for some reason has about 4x my own chrs health and resists. And can summon skeletons. A panther who summons skeletons. It is to giggle.

Also, sometimes my vex summon who "pushes" enemies away from me gets glitched and remains summoned forever, unless I die and respawn in town. It's supposed to only last a minute or so each cast. No idea what triggers it. But whatever, it's funny.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

NW:Online -- oh cool, the Event companion isn't BoP. Now I can buy one for cheap and send it to all alts for the collection point and then sell it back again. :p

New Dread Companion in Zen shop - I'd do the same thing (buy, sell on AH for diamonds, reconvert diamonds to Zen) ... only it's not actually in the Zen shop. Fail.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Jagged Alliance. day 3. got my modified .357 fixed and liberating Brenda's lab.

Is that the original? I don't recall a Brenda's Lab in the second.

(If so, what's the original like compared to the second?)

Definitely the original.

It is much rougher than JA2, but it has quite a bit of charm to it.