What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

I am constantly struggling to balance the buying of food and being able to level my people in Banner Saga.  It's a bit of an odd mechanic.  I think I'm close to the end.

It is kind of a bummer that it won't be very replayable, but I've enjoyed it.

I think it's more importent to level up your fighters to level 5 and buy some good equipment for them, instead of buying food for the people. Haven't seen the consequences for starving people yet.

Finished the ArmA3 campaign episode 2. It could have been really good if there wouldn't have been so many wtf moments for me... Most annoying thing: The ai of my squad members. Running out of ammo and there are so many dead bodies around me, yet when I tell them to pick up a gun, they run into the sundown to whatevertown. Or when they lockup in combat and by the love of god just don't want to retreat.

Well, so far it is still better than the ArmA2 campaign.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On the positive side of TSW, the investigation type missions are great, the ones where they don't put a marker on your map but simply give you clues or riddles and you have to figure them out on your own.  More of that, please.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I would have loved TSW as an episodic single player RPG.

Episode 1: Kingsmouth. Episode 2: whatever (didn't get that far :p )

You could have a bit of choices carry over thing going a la Telltale.

Then again that is my same thought about Old Republic. If they had, instead of a MMO, turned it into episodic rpgs, each class story line its own little game and the whole franchise telling the story of that era, I probably would have bought every one of them.

That would've been perfect. I keep trying to play through the SWTOR stories, but the class-specific stuff is the only part I'm interested in. In my experience you have to do EVERYTHING if you want to stay anywhere close to the level you need to be... And after finishing as a Jedi Knight and a Bounty Hunter(and getting to 30 with two other classes), I just can't bring myself to go through all the tedious planet story stuff again.

On the positive side of TSW, the investigation type missions are great, the ones where they don't put a marker on your map but simply give you clues or riddles and you have to figure them out on your own.  More of that, please.

I think I only did 1(in the starting zone), but I loved piecing the clues together. It's weird how reliant on quest markers I've become over the years!

I finished up Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies the other day. Overall I think it was a very solid entry. Quality was pretty even throughout. There wasn't really any one case that stuck out as being solidly worse the others like there have been in some of the other games, but the high points doing quite reach the same heights as the best in the series either. I'd put it around the same level as the first game, maybe a little higher, but still below Trials and Tribulations. Definitely worth the purchase even if it's only available digitally. Damn Capcom. :getlost:

Been playing a little bit of the Bravely Default demo. I only have a couple hours of playtime in on that so far, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of the brave/default system. I like being able to just stack on 4 extra attacks for everyone on the first turn and wiping out weak enemies without having to go through several turns of back and forth combat taking damage and wasting resources.

Also getting back into Pokemon Y. Gained a bug friend safari for a Paras which will become a designated capture pokemon. Being able to stick both false swipe and a sleep move like spore on the same pokemon should work well. Working on Super Training it's attack stat so it'll hit hard enough to make that False Swipe work properly. Then I need to level it up some. It's only gained 1 level so far in order to evolve to Parasect.

Finished Banner Saga...I think?

Ending:

Allette died at the end, it was a cut scene and apparently menders can fix armless giants and stuff but not my daughter. So if I give the arrow to Rook, does he die in a cut scene as well?

I was pretty sore about Egil dying too, I liked that kid.

I'm looking forward to the next part.

Just bought BG:EE on a whim, for some weird reason. $20 seems like a lot of money for this, but it's been at least 10 years since I've played it... And I'm bored :p

I think that's a good call. I haven't played the original BG, I picked it up on a Steam sale for $5 or so. I'll play it some time in the future

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I gave up on Radiant Historia. I'm almost 10 hours in on some sewer level that's part maze so I keep getting lost and fighting the same monsters over 10+ times. And right when I thought I found my way out, it turns out there's more. I might pick it up again later.

Not feeling enthused by my attempts to play SMT IV either. Stuck on a boss that can nearly one-shot my entire party. And completely redoing my party so it can't is going to take hours.

And that leaves me with my attempts to play Deadly Premonition. I guess I'm on "episode 2." And there's really nothing going on. I'm being asked to follow the thinnest of tangents to the case in the hopes that it'll payoff later. I'm really not interested in Nick's potential infidelity with Diane and I absolutely fail to see what that has to do with Anna's murder. It's wasting my time. As are those other world sequences, the one in the lumber mill was twice as long as it needed to be.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sitting on the sofa with nothing to do led to turning on the Xbox for no apparent reason for the first time in months, which led to a lot of patching, but ended up with Rock Band 3. It's the only thing on the console I've played more than once, and while still a monumental waste of money in hindsight, it's the one thing that keeps it from being a total loss. (The console was purchased as a short-lived experiment of pay-TV streaming, games being an absolute afterthought)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

(The console was purchased as a short-lived experiment of pay-TV streaming, games being an absolute afterthought)

You should get an XBOne as that seems like exactly the philosophy Microsoft adopted for their new console.

:shifty:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I gave up on Radiant Historia. I'm almost 10 hours in on some sewer level that's part maze so I keep getting lost and fighting the same monsters over 10+ times. And right when I thought I found my way out, it turns out there's more. I might pick it up again later.

Wow Tale I always thought you had more  patience than that, I can't believe you gave up after 10 hours :blink:

Everyone knows you only stop pointless and repetitive monster fighting scenes after 100 hours, the way I see it you still have 90 hours in that maze. Back to the game son, back to the game :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gave COH2 a whirl over the weekend (just the game).  I ran into the same issues I had with COH when it first came out, which is that I found the pace too hectic and so forth.

Ironically, after several years and a steam sale, I enjoyed COH more.  I noticed it has co-op stuff built in, so I may give it another try later, but definitely will need to wait for a sale.

WIth that, I returned to EU4 as a hotfix came out, fixing the big issue I had with the new patch/expansion which was ironman dying after country tag switches.  So I have now formed Spain proper and am currently mired in a war with the Ottoman's, which I got dragged into through mutual alliances (Bosnia attacked, who brought in Austria, who brought in me).

After a massive shipbuilding program, I was able to get some decisive victories over the Ottomans.  Not sure if I want to try to win the war proper or just let them take some of the Bosnian nation as they want.

Edited by alanschu

Having to reinstall BGT because my HD crapped out.

It's BG2 fixpack then Ascension then BGT right?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wow, I am not used to playing BG. Just had Monty and Xzar get double 1-shot by a lightning bolt -- the "joys" of being level 1! :p

You had a thief and a wizard get hit by a lightning bolt. You'll be able to feel that joy for another couple levels. :p

Finished my second play through of XCOM: Enemy Within.  My original sniper was horrible, always missing easy shots.  But on one of the missions, the reward was recruiting another sniper.  Her aim was much better, and subsequently she was money.  She also ended up being my gifted recruit who was used to operate the Gollop chamber.

XCOM's one of those games where you get the urge to do "just one more mission...".  I'd originally given up on my second play through, but got sucked back in after playing another mission when I didn't have any other game to play instead.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished my second play through of XCOM: Enemy Within.  My original sniper was horrible, always missing easy shots.  But on one of the missions, the reward was recruiting another sniper.  Her aim was much better, and subsequently she was money.  She also ended up being my gifted recruit who was used to operate the Gollop chamber.

XCOM's one of those games where you get the urge to do "just one more mission...".  I'd originally given up on my second play through, but got sucked back in after playing another mission when I didn't have any other game to play instead.

I'm making my first playthrough with the Enemy Within and have been having a great time with.  I used to be a reloader when I would lose my good squad members, but for this playthrough, I decided to play it Iron Man style without selecting Iron Man mode for some reason :huh:   Through this, choices are quite a bit harder and I have lost a few really good soldiers, plus has gone on missions with only 3 team members due to not having anyone else outside of the sickbay.  At this rate, really wondering if I'll make the end, but I do truly enjoy the game.  One of the better/best turn-based games I've played for sure.  I will say just starting another mission makes me want to play through it, it's just some solid gameplay and constantly has me hooked. I am also looking forward to Blackguards when that finally releases on Friday and of course Divinity: Original Sin whenever that'll release.