What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Finished Resonance (with a walkthrough, because I'm here for the story dammit!)

Well wow, they're not afraid to pull any punches.

Great game, my second favorite Wadjet Eye game.

Hmm, I really enjoyed Primordia so I might have to check this out.

My mechs are awesome ... until they're up against the enemy's mech equivalent.  Then they get hammered because the enemy can shoot twice to do 9 damage each shot, and still somehow go into Overwatch, all on the same turn.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Completed chapter 2 in Mars: War Logs. What happened at the end was a bit of a surprise. Had trouble defeating stuff at first, but having upgraded almost all of the combat abilities, I'm doing fine.

Also playing Bravely default, putting in about an hour each day. I'm about to start chapter 4. This is probably my favorite Nintendo 3DS game closely followed by Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - I prefer the traditional metroidvania style Castlevanias but I needed a break from RPGs and was hankering for some God of War type action.  It's not usually my type of game, but once in a while I like to play a game like that.  It helps that Lords of Shadow is extremely pretty to look at and that there is a good bit of climbing and jumping to break up the brawling.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Picked up Kotor2 from steam so I wouldn't have to worry about digging out the physical discs any time soon. Spent a bit of time putting on the restored content, widescreen mod and all. Think I might spend some time re-playing that. I think the last time I tried it, the restored content was around 1.6 or so and threw out a few bugs so I didn't get around to finishing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks for the Grim Dawn updates, Keyrock.

That's a game I've been waiting for what feels like years for....from long before they Kickstarted. I played an hour or two of the first alpha but now I'm just going to wait. From the sound of it, I've got a year or two still left to wait. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks for the Grim Dawn updates, Keyrock.

That's a game I've been waiting for what feels like years for....from long before they Kickstarted. I played an hour or two of the first alpha but now I'm just going to wait. From the sound of it, I've got a year or two still left to wait. :p

Nah, the second act will be here soon, 4 of the 5 masteries are already here, I think the full game will be out by summer, if not sooner.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bravely Default demo came out yesterday for NA. Fun little game, but the demo is a bit too grindy.

My copy of Radiant Historia should arrive today or tomorrow. I heard great things about that one, too.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bravely Default demo came out yesterday for NA. Fun little game, but the demo is a bit too grindy.

My copy of Radiant Historia should arrive today or tomorrow. I heard great things about that one, too.

Radiant Historia is excellent in my opinion. Hope you enjoy it.

The Bravely default demo can be a bit grindy. Luckily, you can use auto battle and also speed up battles if you press right on the directional pad. press twice for even faster combat.

It's pretty fast when I just 4x Brave it and wipe them out in one round.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nah, the second act will be here soon, 4 of the 5 masteries are already here, I think the full game will be out by summer, if not sooner.

How many Acts are there supposed to be, 3?

Summer would be a good time, actually. I like monster-bashing in the summer.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How many Acts are there supposed to be, 3?

Summer would be a good time, actually. I like monster-bashing in the summer.

I'm not completely sure how answer this question other than to say "more than 2".  Read this.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ah, ok. Well...I guess I mostly think of Acts as a measure of adventuring length. Like in Diablo1, I don't think those were really Acts either, but the groupings of dungeon levels clumped together sorta acted as measure of progression points.

^ I've just multi-classed my fighter with one sorcery-type class (I'm now a witchblade or something). You'll be delighted to know I now have a raven pet. You like pets.

You can also summon a hellhound pet (you can have both pets active at the same time) from a bit deeper in the Occultist Mastery, so you have that to look forward to.  Pyromancer (Demolitionist/Occultist) is so far my favorite mastery combination.  Who wouldn't want to summon pets and lob molotovs?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think I'm done with more than half the game in Septerra Core. I want to think the game is great, but the battle system isn't letting me. With a faster battle system, I'd say the game would have been really good. I'm not going to give up, I'm not.

Completed God of War II, Metroid Fusion and Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island today. I will vanquish my backlog or strain my thumb trying. There are so many interesting games coming out this year, so I really have to keep focused when it comes to completing games I start.

On my way to Complete Yakuza 2.

I decided to give my best sniper some of those genetic implants in XCOM.  From a tactical/comb standpoint, they've added a lot to her.  But stylistically, she looks kind of silly in her sleeveless outfit instead of her cool looking Titan armor that covered her entire body before.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just completed the Unreal Tournament 3 single player campaign and I feel so ashamed I had to turn down the difficulty from ''hard'' to ''normal'' in the last battle. Me, a hardened UT veteran who started playing UT in 1999! ;(

In the last battle -which was 1-on-1 duel- the main baddy always snatched the power ups right before my nose and there was no way to beat her on hard with her having Udamage and the shield belt. She just had perfect timing and pretty much 100% accuracy, the best result for me was 19-20 even though I only got the shield belt like once. All the other matches ended like 15 , 12,  13 for me and 20 for her. I either had to dodge so hard that I couldn't hit anything or be somewhat less mobile to make hits which always resulted in me getting shock-comboed to death. 

Forget fighting Xan in UT99, this was WAY harder. Plus the map sucked. 

On normal I whooped her butt so hard though it wasn't even fun, 20-7 for me.  :getlost:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've decided to replay the IE games and every Obsidian game before PE is released.

Currently on BG2.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So... caved and put down $80.00 on Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations (remember, it is a Matrix Games joint). Aside from putting such crucial questions to rest, like how many Su-35Ses can a flight of four F-35As take on their own in sterile battlefield conditions at once (Answer: Fourteen), it really does give you an appreciation for the evolution of aerial tactics and technology. In particular, when you try the scenario of one of history's most famous (at least, in the military aviation and enthusiast community) air operations, the Iraqi strikes on Iran's oil facilities at Kharg Island (Yes. it is a real place and not just a Battlefield 3 map). You realise that the air forces of the coalition only made Desert Storm look easy (and as General Chuck Horner, the lead planner of the air campaign, insists, it was not) and that Iraqi pilots (when not being micromanaged by a murderous, megalomaniacal idiot with no comprehension of operational art) were in reality no jokes when you consider that they successfully undertaken such daring raids of such hellish complexity. 

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Icewind Dale. And so help me this time I WILL finish it!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think I'm done with more than half the game in Septerra Core. I want to think the game is great, but the battle system isn't letting me. With a faster battle system, I'd say the game would have been really good. I'm not going to give up, I'm not.

I used to hang out on the Septerra Core forum back then. Fun little community and really nice Devs.

I like the game, but dungeons could get too long.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Has anyone else played Stick It To The Man? It's a funky little 2D platformer about a guy who gets hit on the head by an alien device and wakes up with a neon purplish spaghetti arm sticking out of his head. You can use it to read peoples minds, or spiderman your way around the level. I bought it on the latest Steam sale for a couple bucks. I think I'm about halfway through, and it's good enough to hold interest.

I also bought Deadly Premonition. I was huge Twin Peaks fan back in the day, and at the time I was really disappointed that the game wasn't going to be out on PC. Stoked to see it available now.  Haven't played too much of it yet. So far it seems more of an interactive movie than a game, but I like it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Seems there are a few of us preparing for Pillars of Eternity.

Made minor steps forward in Bladur's Gate II. I don't know if I'll finish this playththrough before Eternity releases.

Beat Waking Mars. It was a decent puzzle game but no puzzle was very challenging. Felt more like a relaxing experience. 4 games beaten this year and making steady progress in Septerra Core.

Has anyone else played Stick It To The Man? It's a funky little 2D platformer about a guy who gets hit on the head by an alien device and wakes up with a neon purplish spaghetti arm sticking out of his head. You can use it to read peoples minds, or spiderman your way around the level. I bought it on the latest Steam sale for a couple bucks. I think I'm about halfway through, and it's good enough to hold interest.

I was interested but the spaghetti arm just does not work for me aesthetically.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).