New Year Resolutions

BruceVC

To successfully convince Obama to grow a moustache. 

That would be pretty sweet if Obama grew a goatee to play up the whole evil thing with everyone blaming him for everything wrong with the world.  My pops is the best.  It's so easy to get him going.  All I have to do is say "Obama" or he pops up on TV, and my dad will immediately call him a douche and get all flustered and pissed off.  It's hilarious.  If it's not a week I visit, then I call him up and get him going at least once a week.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I didn't drink enough beer last year, gonna remedy that. Am also determined to up my pizza consumption.

Have you considered sleeping in a giant calzone? Then you could snack in your sleep.

I don't know why I didn't think of that before. You are a very clever bloke.

Anyhoo...

bad-joke-eel-meme.jpg

• Like 6

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think I will try to be a little nicer and more polite as a person, less prone to snapping and sarcasm. I'm noticing that the kids are picking up soem of my natural cynicism and caustic "wit," so I think I will try to restrain myself a little more, for their sake.

I successfully pulled that off over the past year and a half or so (though without it being any sort of strict resolution).  I still swear a bit, but not as much as I used to, and I'm a lot more mellow about everything, taking things in stride.  I still will get worked up once in a while, but I cool off much more quickly and generally before I do or say something I later regret.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think I will try to be a little nicer and more polite as a person, less prone to snapping and sarcasm. I'm noticing that the kids are picking up soem of my natural cynicism and caustic "wit," so I think I will try to restrain myself a little more, for their sake.

So essentially be a little less English?

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Quite.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I could never stop swearing completely. Obviously, I can't swear at work, but other than that, I have a swear jar that is always full of coins. That's how I paid for my first PlayStation 3.

I had the no swearing new years resolution one year. I think I lasted 5 minutes before someone drooped their drink and my shirt got a stain.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

I could never stop swearing completely. Obviously, I can't swear at work, but other than that, I have a swear jar that is always full of coins. That's how I paid for my first PlayStation 3.

I had the no swearing new years resolution one year. I think I lasted 5 minutes before someone drooped their drink and my shirt got a stain.

'funt'

'feth'

'gak'

These are your new best friends.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

* Not to cut my scalp hair for 365 days 
* To cut down on sugar and eat more fruits / vegetables
* To look (harder) for a GF

* To finally visit Iceland. I've always wanted to go there (via ship, to get a sense of its remote location) and make an extended hike from one end of the island to the other while making a gazillion of photos far away from overcrowded tourism areas. 

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

'funt'

'feth'

'gak'

These are your new best friends.

As long as they are fake swear words, I can't use them. The knowledge that they are not real does not make them satisfactory words to use.

I resolve to post more beautiful women, bring my GPA up, and find a better apartment.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

:lol: well 5 minutes is still something to be proud of

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, I've thought about it and my resolutions are:

- To start excercising on a more regular basis, specifically do more cardio on my hometrainer. I've been so sedentary recently that I need to keep my body in shape.

- Work more on personal projects for my portfolio, specifically a set of long-neglected projects that have been taking far too long.

I'm not going to set dates or anything because my mind is a bastard and if I miss one date it takes over and goes "psh, why even bother, you're already a failure, why not just curl up into the fetal position and never do anything ever again, ever?"

• Like 1

* To finally visit Iceland. I've always wanted to go there (via ship, to get a sense of its remote location) and make an extended hike from one end of the island to the other while making a gazillion of photos far away from overcrowded tourism areas. 

I've always wanted to visit Thingvellir (apologies for the spelling Icelandic cousins) and the island of Surtsey, see some of the newest parts of the Earth and the site of one of the first parliaments. Snorri Sturlusson's fault.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

* To look (harder) for a GF

I first read that as "To look (harder) for a gif"  :lol:

Here you go:

The_586f27_833170.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, I've thought about it and my resolutions are:

- To start excercising on a more regular basis, specifically do more cardio on my hometrainer. I've been so sedentary recently that I need to keep my body in shape.

- Work more on personal projects for my portfolio, specifically a set of long-neglected projects that have been taking far too long.

I'm not going to set dates or anything because my mind is a bastard and if I miss one date it takes over and goes "psh, why even bother, you're already a failure, why not just curl up into the fetal position and never do anything ever again, ever?"

Well done for setting some positive and realistic goals :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've always wanted to visit Thingvellir (apologies for the spelling Icelandic cousins) and the island of Surtsey, see some of the newest parts of the Earth and the site of one of the first parliaments. Snorri Sturlusson's fault.

Just googled it and its looks awesome, maybe I can go there, too.  I have to admit I like visiting extremely remote isles. Maybe its because thats pretty much the polar opposite of what I'm used to landscape-wise. I'm also interested in the easter island. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

"What exactly is a New Years Resolution?"

"Oh, it's a 'to do' list for the first week of January."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This year I am resolving to finally buy a modern home entertainment system. But this time I'm going all out. Insanely big TV, wireless surround, gaming system, the whole 9 yards. My TV isn't bad, it's a 50" LED. But it won't WOW you either. I was debating which gaming system but when I saw the Witcher is coming out with a PS4 title that kind of settled it.

Time to start saving some cash.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

...gettin' ol' & fat (tip-toein' 'round 250lbs these days...e'en bein' 6'7, gettin' ta be a bit much )...canna quit gettin' ol', so I's gonna try ta quit gettin' fat...we's'll see how she goes... :getlost:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way