A question about refund

Hi!

Can you tell me, how many days are required for the refunded money to appear on my bank account.

Obsidian refunded my money because without it I'am not able to upgrade my pledge to a heigher tier

and this was 3 days ago (and it doesn't appeared yet)

I live in Europe in Hungary.

Thank you for your answers and Merry Christmass to all.

Ps.: Sorry for my English.    :)

There are more things on earth and in the sky than you can dream about.

Hmmm... The money they refunded me to re-finalize my pledge was simply added to my Paypal account as credit (because I payed with Paypal in the first place). Did you pay via direct bank transfer or credit card instead? In case of direct bank tranfer it usually can take up to 5 working days until the money arrives, in any direction. That's at least my experience with that payment method; which is why I prefer credit card or Paypal payment instead. :)

FdSm3p1.png

Are you sure they're not just refunding you the credit to the Pillars of Eternity website, given you have to use it to upgrade your pledge anyway? Otherwise the question is best asked via a support ticket, though you'll probably need a bit of patience, right now they're on a holiday break.

I'll second this.  They probably just gave you "in store credit" for use towards the upgrade. Try going back through the "confirmation" steps in the backer portal, and you'll probably see the $100 (or whatever) you gave them during the KS campaign.

Are you sure they're not just refunding you the credit to the Pillars of Eternity website, given you have to use it to upgrade your pledge anyway? Otherwise the question is best asked via a support ticket, though you'll probably need a bit of patience, right now they're on a holiday break.

I'll second this.  They probably just gave you "in store credit" for use towards the upgrade. Try going back through the "confirmation" steps in the backer portal, and you'll probably see the $100 (or whatever) you gave them during the KS campaign.

Not sure about the OP, but in my case (where my pledge was canceled so I could re-finalize it and add the add-on I forgot) they did refund me the money as Paypal credit; not as store credit. ;)

FdSm3p1.png

Not sure about the OP, but in my case (where my pledge was canceled so I could re-finalize it and add the add-on I forgot) they did refund me the money as Paypal credit; not as store credit. ;)

Depends on how he actually funded them.  If he backed through Kickstarter (instead of just direct via paypal, like you did), it might be easier for them to just do the "instore credit" (since the money flow was bank -> "KS giftcard" -> Obsidian, and backing that out would take even longer).  

Checking the backer portal takes all of 15 seconds, but if it's not there, then yeah the only real options are "wait a few more days" (banks are slow) or "wait til next year" (since Obsidian support people are pretty much out for the rest of the year).

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers, I paid them via mastercard, so I guess I have to wait a few more days.

OK, I re-read your OP, and it sounds like Obsidian has told you they've credited your account the amount of your KS pledge. 

Have you looked there yet (http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/index) to see if there's any credit on your account? Should look like this:

Total Credit Available $xx0.00

Edited by neo6874
  • Like 1