The Heros you will roll

So I'm pretty excited about this game. I havnt backed it yet being I have just found out about it a couple of weeks ago. I read threw all of the updates starting from the first, and I was just curious about the back story of your Heros

My first play threw is going to be a godlike wild Orlan chanter.

He is going to be sarcastic, cunning, full of himself.

He will be driven by wealth and power, and will do some pretty horrible things to get it.

He expects loyalty out of his companions, but doesn't trust them as far as he can throw them.

Now I'm hoping that among the wild orlan's being god like is revered to help give him that arrogance. But if they are shunned I can mold my thinking and still make him arragant.

Name: oak

I think the godlike will be a race in itself, not a template you can apply to any race.

As for me, first playthrough will probably be a sarcastic and somewhat merciful (although still self-serving and manipulative to an extent) human wizard (high Int and Per, fairly low Str and Con, middling Res and Dex), second a polite and cruel godlike paladin (high Str and Res, lower Per and Dex, middling Int and Con). Wizard's probably going to be the Switzerland of player characters, while the paladin will hold stronger beliefs.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

@aluminiumtrioxid, that's not what the devs have said:

Godlike are handled differently than the other races in chargen. We haven't implemented it yet, but in the current plan is that you can choose what type of Godlike you want to be, and the race of your parents. Godlike types have special bonuses too.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

i always go for half elf in fantasy games. as for his personality, i just put myself on his shoes and do the things i would do if i was there. that means i avoid unneeded fighting, i dont bow for no one, threats fall on my deaf ears, i do not care about morality or any ideal if it stands in the way. in short im a "the ends justify the means" guy both in real life and the way i role play my RPG characters

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

oh and when it comes to class, i play anything except paladin (i cant stand the "by the book" style of paladins)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Definitely a Chanter. I am leaning toward Godlike myself, as well. Don't know about the parent race though. I tend to play good characters on my first play through, but want more knowledge on things before delving too deep. I want it to make sense in the game world, with available potential background, etc.

“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”

-REH.

Boom.

Edited by nikolokolus
  • Like 1

Stereotypical List (According to how I usually roll)

Holy Human
- Paladin

- Priest

Nimble Orlan
- Cipher
- Rogue 

Berserk Aumaua
- Barbarian 
- Fighter

Hermit Godlike

- Druid

Magical & Forest Elf

- Wizard
- Ranger

Drunken Dwarf

- Chanter
- Monk

And here's an attempt at a Hipster List (Rogue, Priest, Ranger & Monk are difficult to place though):

Hermit Human
- Druid

Berserk Orlan
- Barbarian

- Fighter

Magical & Singing & Nimble Aumaua
- Wizard

- Chanter

- Rogue

Zen & Forest Godlike

- Monk
- Ranger

Holy Elf

- Paladin

- Priest

Manipulative Dwarf

- Cipher

Edited by Osvir

I usually play a rogue on my first playthrough of a game, though I'm not sure what I'll do this time. I kind of want to see how the game plays a little bit before I pick a class, though. If something really stands out as being interesting, then I'll probably want to give it a shot.

I want to get my grubby mitts on the manual, almanac, novella & collector's book and dive into the lore to inspire me. I don't know what I'll feel like when the time comes and I love musing about chargen so will want to savour the experience. I couldn't hazard a guess at this point but I love these sorts of threads.

Does anyone know if there will be class restrictions according to race?

Does anyone know if there will be class restrictions according to race?

I believe it has been stated that all classes are open to all races (I'm about 98% sure on that one)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

As AGX-17 said - I'll try them all eventually ;)

(including several different personality types to go with the different race/class combos)

For a first run-through, I'm really not sure yet.  I might try a druid or ranger and go half-elf or human.  Then again, I'm also intrigued by the Orlans so I might go with an Orlan Cipher to get 2 of the new things in.  (But since it seems likely there'll be an NPC of that nature, I might instead go with Orlan Wizard).

Neutral Good (or thereabouts within PE's system) is usually my first playthrough - probably a more self-centred evil character after that and then whatever else inspires me based on my playthroughs).  I'm interested in the different factions though - hopefully there won't be a clear 'we're the good guys' and 'we're the bad guys' to it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

My first character is going to be a male human because I always choose male human and class wise they will be.... either a Fighter or Cipher most likely.  Personality wise I don't know yet, don't know enough about the game lore or story yet to have a feel for it and how I would like to play it.

One thing's almost sure, my characters - whether good or evil - will most likely heavily support animancy research. The good ones do it FOR SCIENCE, while the evil ones look more for utility functions.

Science for science's sake doesn't fall under the purview of "good," it's really a neutral thing unless you're part of a cult that believes the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake to be the definition of "good." Good would want to do ethical science for the benefit of all, or at the fringe, even unethical science if one believes the ends are significantly beneficent. We all know how the third row would see these things.

Edited by AGX-17

Godlike Human Paladin who smites anything he thinks is evil.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands