New Stretch Goals: What you'd pay for

So if there were new stretch goals, as mentioned, what goals would get you to pay in more?

A stab in the dark:

$5 Million: PS4/Xbox One version.

$5.5 Million: Stronghold gets customizable themes/upgrades (evil/civilized/nature) instead of just a linear series of upgrades

$6 Million: iOS/Android version.

$6.5 Million: Stronghold now gets a customizable town to lord over and grow.

$7 Million: Post release co-op/multiplayer mode. The big one right? Heck yes.

I think the new stretch goals is for more wilderness maps and companions.

I really hope Obsidian realizes they're already postponing the game past April and should not add more work. Just deliver on what you said you would. Then get this stuff into the "expansion" you're already listing on your backer reward portal.

Sorry, but... I can honestly say, none of the above would get me to fork over another contribution. But others might.

Some things I'd like to see:

• Greater creature diversity (more types, models, and variants).
  • Detailed weather effects including an overhead view panel.
  • An explorable overland map.
  • Ambient events (social birds, small animal behavior and reaction, people responding to weather).
  • Behavior scheduling.
  • More detailed reactivity by prominent NPCs.
  • Water travel with ship-to-ship combat.
  • Like 10

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So if there were new stretch goals, as mentioned, what goals would get you to pay in more?

A stab in the dark:

$5.5 Million: Stronghold gets customizable themes/upgrades (evil/civilized/nature) instead of just a linear series of upgrades

Wha...

Is today opposite day?

Because that would be my anti-list.

EDIT: Seriously, did I take the bait or is this serious?

Edited by Quadrone
  • Like 10

A stab in the dark:

Wha...

Is today opposite day?

Because that would be my anti-list.

EDIT: Seriously, did I take the bait or is this serious?

Well other than ports to other devices (which will not happen on the first game on the first release) I can see stronghold being some playground for Lordy RPG style people. My list would look differently though. More story and NPC focus as well as diversity and magnitude of areas we can visit. It could not be too big, because they eventually will have to start filling things with very generic quests and encounters.

Well my list...

5 mil = One Companion of Every Class

5.5 mil = At least two Companions of Every Class with "personality" depth, Example one fighter is a goody two shoes but the other is a professional mercenary who only cares about money.

6 mil = More Wilderness areas/bigger world

6.5 mil = Stronghold gets full on town

7 mil = New major Faction with unique questline.

• Like 9

I'd pay for polish related things. Something like a more extensive score (more themes and little to no repeating music between areas), enhanced spell effects, voice acting BG2/Torment style (if that isn't present already), improved environments... things like that. I don't want them to go crazy with additional features and content that could just be added into an expansion or present in future content if it's more of an add-on Throne of Bhaal/Mask of the Betrayer style.

I'm pretty much on board with rjshae. Not that I'm a platform snob, but I couldn't care less about ports to other platforms. I pledged to get this game for PC, so why would I possibly care about Obsidian porting it to other platforms? If they want to do that, that's cool, but I certainly wouldn't throw more money at them to make it happen. Now, some of the things that rjshae listed... I'm up for that.

Quite agree with rjshae and Karkarov. My own list:

5M: The most important to me: MORE COMPANIONS

5,5M: more areas to travel to/wildernesses areas, well blended into the core game >>> NOT in further add on.

6M: EVEN MORE companions in the fashion Karkarov described

6,5M: More non combat-oriented side quests, slightly improved world size and improved Roleplay (i love huge worlds, but i know it's not a 15M game)

7M: More immersive mechanics like rjshae described (in the scope of what is possible). Weather, and few more J.Bell awesome work.

The 4M stretch goal was already about even more polishing. But the budget must be very hard to manage... In my opinion, the trailer show a game that is far better (visually) polished than i ever could imagine.

In my opinion, no matter the release date. Legends of Eisenwald is in early beta since 15 months, and i guess, at least 1 year to go (initial release date was April 2013). Still the game is awesome.

• Like 6

I believe that more wilderness areas were mentioned, and if new stretch goals turn out to occur, I would consider paying more for that. Other than that, general improvements is the only thing I can think of, although a few other things that people have mentioned (more side quests and such) might be nice.

A stab in the dark:

Multiplayer and extra stronghold things are the only items on that list which I would possibly pay more for.

knightofchaoss.jpg

$5 million: more dragons and more areas with local bosses ,man I miss those strategic boss fights from BG2 ,like the elder brain

and the beholder cave in the underdark ,the prince and king in the underwater city ,and the dragons.

$5.5 more special items and loot ,and a shop like the adventurers mart in BG2 .imo NWN1 sucked in this aspect because the game

lacked great loot and you had nothing to buy with your money.In BG2 you worked hard just to get money for this great ring

and you immediately saw the fruits of your labor when your character rocked.

And the loot design was very creative : like the cloak that reflected low level spells back to the caster. You used it in the beholder cave and suddenly everything they threw at you went back to them and the dungeon was easy . Or the helmet that made you immume to mind spells made the mind flayer areas much more fun.

Edited by barakav
  • Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

Well my list...

5 mil = One Companion of Every Class

5.5 mil = At least two Companions of Every Class with "personality" depth, Example one fighter is a goody two shoes but the other is a professional mercenary who only cares about money.

6 mil = More Wilderness areas/bigger world

7 mil = New major Faction with unique questline.

Sounds good. More companions so we don't have to suffer annoying ones and have more options in our party composition is always good. I am not too happy about wilderness areas, because they tend to be easy mob mopup but other love them. Stronghold can be easily expanded, with the help of people you meat through your adventures or rule, and who can say no to more questlines?
  • Like 1

Same list as Karkarov's but in a different order:

5 mil = More Wilderness areas/bigger world 

5.5 mil =  New major Faction with unique questline.

6 mil = One Companion of Every Class

7 mil = At least two Companions of Every Class with "personality" depth, Example one fighter is a goody two shoes but the other is a professional mercenary who only cares about money.

• Like 5

A stab in the dark:

Not a single one of those would get a single dime from me and many of them go directly against the vision that backers payed money for

Sorry, but... I can honestly say, none of the above would get me to fork over another contribution. But others might.

Some things I'd like to see:

• Greater creature diversity (more types, models, and variants).
  • Detailed weather effects including an overhead view panel.
  • An explorable overland map.
  • Ambient events (social birds, small animal behavior and reaction, people responding to weather).
  • Behavior scheduling.
  • More detailed reactivity by prominent NPCs.
  • Water travel with ship-to-ship combat.

This list is win though would add what I wished for and more.

• Like 3

A stab in the dark:

Okay not to be a platform snob....but I will actually give them money NOT to go to xbox or ps right now. And I will tell u why. Its not that I believe pc is the superior race or anything like that but its because of money. When people release games for the consoles, the actual consoles get over 50% of the moeny made off the game. That means the consoles makers will make more money off the gane than the actual people who made the game, and right now obsidians needing this for them to make money. Then the charges for patches, as each consoles charges the conpany who made the gane for the patches they put forth THAT has to be approved by the consoles themselves first. Right now its just a very bad idea to go that route for them.

Me personally, I want more wilderness (aka do away with the map travel and actually give us the whole world fleshed out) and more enemy types and I will say multiplayer. Nwn was a lot of fun with multiplayer and as much as I would like to be playing with a friend I understand why they don't because of the money they would have to put forth with the servers. I would like maybe the expansion to give multiplayer action after the game is said and done.

• Like 1

I'm not especially biased against platform ports, but I do think that is something they could explore after the game is released and they are pulling in new funding. It might even be better to outsource that activity to developers specialized in those platforms.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The originally stated goals of more companions and more wilderness areas to explore are the only things I would back because apparently the developers are perceiving those as areas of weakness.  I want this game to be as good as possible, it's been long enough since I had something new in this style to play that I can wait a few more months.

• Like 1

Companions first and foremost.

Anything else would be a bonus, but I love to be able to choose different party compositions, and as such that would really be what I would want.

Otherwise there can be other nice extra stuff, but companions specificly would be the ones I would love to have more of.

• Like 3

I know that the devs at Obsidian said that modding support is not an easy task, but I wouldn't mind if they included that as a stretch goal. I'm talking all out modding, not just minor changes. They could have $1 million dedicated for that and I would be super happy about it.

• Like 2

Dunno about the costs so here's a bullet-point in order:

- More wilderness areas

- More classes (1 or 2)
- More companions (One of each, including "More classes")
- More creatures/enemies/diversity/encounters

- Toolset Documentation & Tools

EDIT:
- Multiplayer (In the same fashion & concept like the IE games)

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Yay! Glad other people caught onto the idea that you're just supposed to post what stretch goals you'd like. I was going to edit the first post, but I can't for some reason. Is editing originating posts disabled for some reason?

Anyway, I hope the good folks of Obsidian see some ideas they'd like to pick up. I honestly just posted a kind of generic-catch all based on what other people were already asking for regardless of stretch goals. Multiplayer, console and tablet versions had already been widely called for after all.

Edited by Frenetic Pony

A stab in the dark:

Not a single one of those would get a single dime from me and many of them go directly against the vision that backers payed money for

You mean other platforms, right?

Obsidian has fans on consoles, too.

Edited by Bryy

I put down a fair chunk of cash to help make this game a reality, much more than I'd ordinarily spend on a game, and I wouldn't hesitate to put down some more for further stretch goals. Obviously we'd need some clarity and explanation in how it would work and how things stand regarding the expansion, but Eternity is pretty special to me and I'd like my initial experience of it to be as rich as possible.

Lots of great goals already in this thread though I don't know how many Obsidian would be willing to go for if they choose to do this. I would mainly like some more companions and wilderness areas, beyond that just further enhancing/polishing the game would be fine, which is I suppose what they would be doing with any late backer funds anyway. I think I'd actually prefer if Obsidian suggested things as they would know what would best fit into their overall design and development schedule. I'd wager they have a list somewhere from the kickstarter with as many stretch goal ideas as you could think of.

A stab in the dark:

Why would I pay more money for the game to be availiable in other platform? Especialy that on the android the performance of the game may be less enticing