Any chance they will start working on Wheel of Time games again?

Caenlen

I backed Pillars of Eternity, but I read this company Obsidian was also working on Wheel of Time games before the project just died out of nowhere?  I believe they had shared the license with Red Eagle Games and had the permission from Robert Jordan's wife, so what happened?  

It's my favorite book series, and I will continue to buy any game Obsidian makes, just curious what happened there.  

They do not share the license, they were brought on to consult with Red Eagle.  I have no idea what happened to Red Eagle, buty Obsidian really doesn't have any say in this thing.

Red Eagle tried kickstarting a free to play Wheel of Time game last I recall. Usual caveats about my memory apply.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tale is right - the Kickstarter was a free-to-play iOS / Android game and they wanted $450,000 for meeting their limit.  I believe they were partnered on this with Jet Set Games.  It was cancelled.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They do not share the license, they were brought on to consult with Red Eagle.  I have no idea what happened to Red Eagle, buty Obsidian really doesn't have any say in this thing.

Thank you, I did not realize this.  Sad, I will never get to see my favorite book series brought to life.  Would have made a great next-gen MMO.

Red Eagle is just doing enough to hold on to license forever and ever. Or so it seems. Can't remember if the same company holds the license for movies and tv series as well.... They've been in a limbo forever as well.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Red Eagle is just doing enough to hold on to license forever and ever. Or so it seems. Can't remember if the same company holds the license for movies and tv series as well.... They've been in a limbo forever as well.

I wish I knew where the were HQ'd, I would protest everyday for them to sell the license to someone else who will actually make a Wheel of Time game.  /sad

Upper right: Cross arms under breasts.

Middle right: Pull braid.

Lower right: Abduct Rand (again.)

Lower left: Start acting like a black veiled Aiel!

Middle left: Cough and kill Baalzamon accidentally.

Upper left: Realise Lan is Conan (with a Katana.)

I'll pass thank you.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!