Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

update community

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
528 replies to this topic

Woldan

Woldan

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

According to my scale I broke the 100kg weight mark today. Since I don't find any additional fat on me that must mean my new training schedule is finally paying off.  Yay. And there is still tons of things that can be improved.   :)

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

"So this needs to be done, and this, and this. Oh and while you're doing this other thing can you also go out and do something else."

:banghead:

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Obsidian ViP

• Members
  • 5012 posts

And I'm saying that if you go right to the edge of ANYTHING you will inevitably fall over at one point or another.

That's true - and I think (hope) everyone would be lying if they said this never happened to them, but it just seem to happen a lot to some.

Also it did go a little crazy last night.. That couple is insane - but fun.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Mild depression day today. Some anhedonia. Meat just not interesting. White bread tasty. Wonder if my taste buds have just inverted.

Laughed a lot at the radio sitcom Cabin Pressure.

Killing gnazis now.

EDIT:

The little kid next door has learned the F word and has REALLY impressive lungs on him. I know it's juvenile, but I do find it hilarious.

Edited by Walsingham, 15 December 2013 - 10:07 AM.

• Azdeus and aluminiumtrioxid like this

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Delved into the darkened depths of the attic to retrieve sundry Christmas decorations, of which I've been putting up in doses through the day between various other tasks. Not feeling the Christmas spirit, so much as slightly light headed and disconnected as I've been running around and juggling it all.

Pondering on bills, presents to wrap, and why the spaniel has decided of late to keep running into my room, digging my sheets back and burying itself into my pillows.

Also, the cat has had a very fun day. boxes to jump in and out of and dance along. Christmas tree to wind around, sniff at, pounce at lower branches and lick at, along with nibbling of power cables.

Edited by Raithe, 15 December 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4724 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Became a chapter 7 trustee (for the first time).

i_have_no_idea_what_im_doing_2.jpg

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2701 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

I don't know what that means, but congratulations.

I'm having trouble staying motivated to study in the evenings after work. Anyone have experience with beating post-work lack of energy leading to procrastination and how to beat it? I am aware I'm asking this on a game forum but it's worth a shot. :p

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4724 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I don't know what that means, but congratulations.

I'm having trouble staying motivated to study in the evenings after work. Anyone have experience with beating post-work lack of energy leading to procrastination and how to beat it? I am aware I'm asking this on a game forum but it's worth a shot. :p

Running a liquidation bankruptcy.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3021 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Went for an hour jog. Currently at work and thinking of ways to spend the next few hours, as I have no real work to do.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's slightly disconcerting to have a phone call with someone, and just as you're about to hang up find that you've got a bloody nose. :blink:

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3973 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My boss told me we'll have a talk about my prolonged contract on Wednesday. She actually sounded very happy about it. Wonder how happy she'll be when I tell her I want an 8% salary raise. She'll probably be like  :ermm: .

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's slightly disconcerting to have a phone call with someone, and just as you're about to hang up find that you've got a bloody nose. :blink:

It's OK. Everyone I talk to on the phone gets that.

~~

Today was a good day. A little ducking and diving, but held true to my word, and helped some good men. Now I'm off to the pub. Which is pretty much all I ask for, really. :)

Edited by Walsingham, 16 December 2013 - 10:35 AM.

• Nepenthe likes this

Woldan

Woldan

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Got my Magic The Gathering cards I ordered a while back and buffed my blue-black and mono-white decks with the new cards. Yes, I confess, I'm (still) a huge goddamn MTG nerd. 

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9164 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
They're doing more gas pipeline work (or never did it back when they originally said they were going to, dunno) near our house. Some construction noise all day. Then a few minutes ago the sound of fire engines close by. No explosions or smell of smoke however, so I think I won't worry. :p

Finishing some icky paperwork. Rumbling belly tells me to take a break...

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8293 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's OK. Everyone I talk to on the phone gets that.

~~

Today was a good day. A little ducking and diving, but held true to my word, and helped some good men. Now I'm off to the pub. Which is pretty much all I ask for, really. :)

Wait, I'm defined as a "Good Man" now? Or is that in the future?

I confirmed that I'm helping a friend move her stuff to her parents house for at least a bit while she finishes her official breakup with her Ex. And now I'm trying to accept that I really need to work out (6'1 and 260 isn't good) but can't quite get any (and I do mean ANY) form of motivation going at the moment.

Oh Well finals are Tue/Weds/Fri so shank me.

Harpreet

Harpreet

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 0 posts

I just had my breakfast and now doing office work from home...

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4724 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

In Helsinki, I've usually been able to at least go to work in a little sunlight even in the dead of winter, but now I'm so much further north, that it's pitch black both ways.

Net result = I'm sitting here, straddling the fine line between coma and hysteria.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Suffering bouts of procrastination. I know a couple of things I should get started on but keep staring at the screen and not engaging. 

The cat seems to have scratched an eyelid, so it's got a bloody eye. The weather is rather rotten wintery rain outside.

My dad is being a general Grinch over Christmas as usual, my sister has pretty much stated she might do a flying visit on Christmas day but she won't be lingering - I can actually understand that, we normally gather together for just a couple of hours for everyone to open presents, then disappear to different areas of the house until Christmas Dinner is served, at what point we all go off to our own corners again.  Due to various things, the front room has a whole bunch of non-Christmas stuff in it, which is why I went with the smaller tree rather then the big 7'+ one, and not getting out all the decorations for the house.

Tried having a poke at sorting out the usual Christmas gathering of friends, but no-one can figure out if they're going to be in the country or out, dealing with family visiting, or whether they can get their kids taken care of. So that keeps turning into a waffle rather then any clear decisions made.

Oh and I've been invited to another wedding in Mexico in April, but I doubt I'll be able to make that.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Obsidian ViP

• Members
  • 5012 posts

So me and the bartender is an item now.

Also gonna celebrate Christmas eve with 2 Russian event girls (those scantly clad chicks that frequent bars and give free merchandise) and a friend apparently.. That's gonna be interesting.

And currently slaving over the most boring exam rapport.

• Nepenthe likes this

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Congratulations on that slow descent from party boy to "Serious Adult" then... :shifty:

Mayhaps we should get Ros to organise a Christmas party for all Obs Europeans to gather at and be impressed..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users