What you did today

Rosbjerg

Finalized my pillars of Eternity NPC. No turning back now. It'll be fun to find said NPC in the world, however small the role if said NPC is.

Can you share some minor details?

Whatever happens, his/her/its story has a sad conclusion. I don't want to reveal to much. It'll be fun to see what people think. Even if it's a very minor NPC. It'll be interesting to get feedback from the devs (haven't got any yet).

• Like 1

Been pondering about spending my tiny disposable capital either on a sword I've fallen in love with or on reloading supplies like bullets, powder and all that I direly need. 

Haven't decided yet. 

I need to get rich. Fast. 

The funny thing is if folks see a man in public with a gun as long as he isn't acting weird or threatening anyone it really doesn't get much thought. But if you see a guy with a sword the automatic assumption is that he's nuts even if he's not doing anything wrong. At least that's how it is around here.

I'd still go for the reloading supplies. Besides, I'm sure you heard the story about the guy who brought a sword to a gunfight. It's a pretty short story. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd like to think that I can distinguish a twitchy kid or a gunster wannabe playing with a drawn or loaded firearm, from person of age(iirc at least 21) wearing it in a proper visible holster, usually with some kind of uniform.

@BruceVC, tsk tsk tsk, haven't you heard of that little thing called Developer-backer confidentiality, thou shalt not pry for spoilers or be ware of the rage that will follow :bat::wowey: <- attempt at american psycho smiley.

Been pondering about spending my tiny disposable capital either on a sword I've fallen in love with or on reloading supplies like bullets, powder and all that I direly need. 

Haven't decided yet. 

I need to get rich. Fast. 

The funny thing is if folks see a man in public with a gun as long as he isn't acting weird or threatening anyone it really doesn't get much thought. But if you see a guy with a sword the automatic assumption is that he's nuts even if he's not doing anything wrong. At least that's how it is around here.

I'd still go for the reloading supplies. Besides, I'm sure you heard the story about the guy who brought a sword to a gunfight. It's a pretty short story. 

Mmh, a sword probably negates the main advantage of a knife,the quicker draw (though if you are an Iaido master, it might not). The local popos have done some in-depth calculation on the range where a gun becomes "safer" than a knife. It's actually quite disturbing.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, with Iaido (at least in the UK) you have all sorts of fun legal issues on travelling to and from dojo. I actually have what's basically a pool cue case/bag that I have to carry my katana in when outside the house.

On which note, I'll always remember when one of the visiting Masters came over from Japan. The guy was that literal "small, hunched, creaking, slow Japanese guy".. and then he shuffled out onto the floor..and boom. It was like Yoda. Fluid, smooth, fast. Wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am. He stopped, sheathed the blade..then went straight back into the hunched, creaky positioning, and shuffled off slowly.

Hm, kind of lost the weekend in a weird mix of pillaging/plundering on AC:Black Flag and some phone conversations with an ex that have gone everywhere from supportive, general chit chat, talk about her kids these days and flirty memories.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ex of mine sent me this video.

http://www.upworthy.com/what-is-depression-let-this-animation-with-a-dog-shed-light-on-it?g=2

It's a bit plastic fantastic, but overall quite moving.

EDIT:

NOT THAT KIND OF PLASTIC

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Argued with girlfriend. The wall of silence is up and I'm going to need David Hasselhoff to get it down.

Here ya go

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'll always remember when one of the visiting Masters came over from Japan. The guy was that literal "small, hunched, creaking, slow Japanese guy".. and then he shuffled out onto the floor..and boom. It was like Yoda. Fluid, smooth, fast. Wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am. He stopped, sheathed the blade..then went straight back into the hunched, creaky positioning, and shuffled off slowly.

My high school percussion instructor invited someone much like that (though not from Japan) to a lesson once. Old slow guy turned into Animal behind the drum set, then after finishing his demo alternated complaining about his arthritis wth chiding all us young'uns for being slower with two hands/feet than he could be using only one, with extra special vitriol for modern rock drummers whom he suspected of using two bass drums to cover for their inability to pound out quick beats with one pedal.

I've played rarely in recent years, and my musical chops have sadly deteriorated from those days - not that I could keep up with the instructor back then, let alone his old buddy! As for what I did today when I probably could have practiced a bit, I spent a majority of it playing Heroine's Quest and otherwise mucking about on the computer, a few minutes in the morning filling a crockpot with meat, sliced veggies and broth to provide ample good food in the evening after shoveling snow outside and doing assorted chores about the house this afternoon. But then, a quiet day at home's better than most days at work.

Discovered the fave Chinese restaurant that I grew up with and continued to return to occasionally, off an on, all my adulthood as well, finally closed. Knew that would happen sooner or later (been there close to 30 years). Owners sold it/retired. A new Chinese eatery is in its place, but not sure I care to try it, especially since we haven't lived close to the location in some time.

It makes me sad, tho. Time passing and all that.

My fave local pizza place has been there forever, too, which means they could close shop anytime now too. Thus I ordered a pizza. :p

Edit: two really late nights in a row. I think I'll be going to bed super early tonight.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Four hours sleep again. I feel like the guy in Fight Club.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bought Gran Turismo 6 (Racing simulator). With my c0ckpit I built plus the driving force pro H-shifter, clutch and steering wheel it feels so goddamn real couldn't stop playing it for 10 hours straight with no break.   :w00t:  :w00t:

Four hours sleep again. I feel like the guy in Fight Club.

Eat. Eating has always helped me to pull myself together after insomnia-ridden nights. I don't know why but it really works. Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thanks for the tip, but I tried the classic curry, and that didn't work.

I was less bothered by the constant back pain as when I sneezed and my arms hurt. I am determined to not check whether I have slept on a carving fork.

Since I can't just ignore the day, I decided to see what work I could get done.

Fortunately, some goddamn GENIUS was way ahead of my thinking.

This is actually helping.

-Elwood Blues

You know whats really cool? When you haven't slept much in days and you're going for a walk in the woods. Once back in my military service time I hadn't slept more than three hours in 4 days because of an unfortunate combination of a massive maneuverer exercise and night guard duty. (I know this because I counted the hours.) 

When I walked around in the woods everything was so intense, the colors and everything, it was magical, like being on a trip.  Sleep deprivation - believe it or not- is also a common way to thread really bad cases of depression. It works. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

You know whats really cool? When you haven't slept much in days and you're going for a walk in the woods. Once back in my military service time I hadn't slept more than three hours in 4 days because of an unfortunate combination of a massive maneuverer exercise and night guard duty. (I know this because I counted the hours.) 

When I walked around in the woods everything was so intense, the colors and everything, it was magical, like being on a trip.  Sleep deprivation - believe it or not- is also a common way to thread really bad cases of depression. It works. 

That does sound fun, I enjoy visual hallucinations. But I can arrange a little piece of paper for you that will give you the same effect without the lack of sleep :fdevil:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think I'll stick with a good night's sleep every night.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That does sound fun, I enjoy visual hallucinations. But I can arrange a little piece of paper for you that will give you the same effect without the lack of sleep :fdevil:

I can do it with a pingpong ball, some tape, a recording of static and some good headphones. No joke.

A € 500 note?

• Like 2

I just tried lying on my weights bench. Instantly fell asleep for ten minutes.

Like a sip of cool water.

Don't do sleep deprivation for giggles. In fact don't do ANYTHING that makes you hallucinate . It's your brain failing. You do not want your brain to fail.

Although I guess it can be instructive to understand properly how fragile reality can be.

I've been sleep deprived, with the worst case being working on a film shoot. All that happened was I shut up and got on with my work, stopped feeling pain, started smoking cigars.

Now I put it like that maybe I just need to stop sleeping.

-Elwood Blues

I think I'll stick with a good night's sleep every night.

But Malc imagine all the wild moose you would see in the Canadian wilderness, you could gain another pet?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just tried lying on my weights bench. Instantly fell asleep for ten minutes.

You're doing it wrong.

Don't do sleep deprivation for giggles. In fact don't do ANYTHING that makes you hallucinate . It's your brain failing. You do not want your brain to fail.

Depends, whenever I had an important school test I didn't sleep the night before so I had the whole day AND night to learn. Also the lack of sleep wouldn't wipe 50% of my memory and it all stayed fresh. It worked really well but it was exhausting, especially on days with PT lessons. 

Edited by Woldan

Today I'm working and picked up a hd on my lunch break. Going to reinstall my GOG stuff later tonight.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands