What you did today

Rosbjerg

It's slightly disconcerting to have a phone call with someone, and just as you're about to hang up find that you've got a bloody nose. :blink:

It's OK. Everyone I talk to on the phone gets that.

~~

Today was a good day. A little ducking and diving, but held true to my word, and helped some good men. Now I'm off to the pub. Which is pretty much all I ask for, really. :)

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They're doing more gas pipeline work (or never did it back when they originally said they were going to, dunno) near our house. Some construction noise all day. Then a few minutes ago the sound of fire engines close by. No explosions or smell of smoke however, so I think I won't worry. :p

Finishing some icky paperwork. Rumbling belly tells me to take a break...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's slightly disconcerting to have a phone call with someone, and just as you're about to hang up find that you've got a bloody nose. :blink:

It's OK. Everyone I talk to on the phone gets that.

~~

Today was a good day. A little ducking and diving, but held true to my word, and helped some good men. Now I'm off to the pub. Which is pretty much all I ask for, really. :)

Wait, I'm defined as a "Good Man" now? Or is that in the future?

I confirmed that I'm helping a friend move her stuff to her parents house for at least a bit while she finishes her official breakup with her Ex. And now I'm trying to accept that I really need to work out (6'1 and 260 isn't good) but can't quite get any (and I do mean ANY) form of motivation going at the moment.

Oh Well finals are Tue/Weds/Fri so shank me.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In Helsinki, I've usually been able to at least go to work in a little sunlight even in the dead of winter, but now I'm so much further north, that it's pitch black both ways.

Net result = I'm sitting here, straddling the fine line between coma and hysteria.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Suffering bouts of procrastination. I know a couple of things I should get started on but keep staring at the screen and not engaging. 

The cat seems to have scratched an eyelid, so it's got a bloody eye. The weather is rather rotten wintery rain outside.

My dad is being a general Grinch over Christmas as usual, my sister has pretty much stated she might do a flying visit on Christmas day but she won't be lingering - I can actually understand that, we normally gather together for just a couple of hours for everyone to open presents, then disappear to different areas of the house until Christmas Dinner is served, at what point we all go off to our own corners again.  Due to various things, the front room has a whole bunch of non-Christmas stuff in it, which is why I went with the smaller tree rather then the big 7'+ one, and not getting out all the decorations for the house.

Tried having a poke at sorting out the usual Christmas gathering of friends, but no-one can figure out if they're going to be in the country or out, dealing with family visiting, or whether they can get their kids taken care of. So that keeps turning into a waffle rather then any clear decisions made.

Oh and I've been invited to another wedding in Mexico in April, but I doubt I'll be able to make that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So me and the bartender is an item now.

Also gonna celebrate Christmas eve with 2 Russian event girls (those scantly clad chicks that frequent bars and give free merchandise) and a friend apparently.. That's gonna be interesting.

And currently slaving over the most boring exam rapport.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Congratulations on that slow descent from party boy to "Serious Adult" then... :shifty:

Mayhaps we should get Ros to organise a Christmas party for all Obs Europeans to gather at and be impressed..

Had some extremely vivid entertaining and apocalyptic nightmares again, incorporating places I have visited a decade ago with lots of hidden metaphors and split second decisions. 

Too bad dream recording technology is still work in progress. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Reinforced my conviction that no good can come of alcohol in a plastic bottle.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So me and the bartender is an item now.

Also gonna celebrate Christmas eve with 2 Russian event girls (those scantly clad chicks that frequent bars and give free merchandise) and a friend apparently.. That's gonna be interesting.

And currently slaving over the most boring exam rapport.

keep-calm-and-game-over-7.png

For a while, I worried I got cerebral hemorrhage. So in case I become a vegetable and can't post here, it was nice knowing some of you. ;)

Spent half the day arguing with T-Mobile about my bill. They've been charging me 20 bucks more than they should have (according to my plan) for at least 6 months but they are claiming they've only been overcharging 10 bucks a month. What a hassle over 10 bucks

Ros, I think it may have been better to have waited until after the Christmas Eve party with the 2 Russians to make it official with the bartender... unless she's into that, in which case, well played

Free games updated 3/4/21

For a while, I worried I got cerebral hemorrhage. So in case I become a vegetable and can't post here, it was nice knowing some of you. ;)

In hopes that it may lift your spirits a bit, Nep:  The other night, I was playing Mass Effect and sipping scotch from a cut crystal glass, and I thought of you. 

• Like 3

In hopes that it may lift your spirits a bit, Nep:  The other night, I was playing Mass Effect and sipping scotch from a cut crystal glass, and I thought of you. 

No, seriously, it wasn't a low spirits thing, it was me coughing really hard until I got a piercing pain in my left temple. Looks like I'm still here and both hands are working, so a ok, I guess.

I approve of your passtimes, btw.

• Like 2

My trap caught three mice in my garage...

maus_zps377d1303.jpg

I found them really cute....well...until I saw giant fat mite-bug-thingies crawl around their eyes, thats when I decided that it was a good time to have a proper panic attack and scream like a little girl. Now I put those little parasite bombs in a temporary quarantine box.

Hehe, my farmer-neighbor is going to get a nice gift from me tonight. Never liked that bastard anyway.  :devil:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Poking at work, babysitting my sister's dog (because she's got some Christmas lunch work bash), and sorting out mom's drugs - have to check whether prescription needs refilling before Christmas...

Plus the assorted back and forth of various tasks, although I did take a few minutes here and there to give AC:Revelations a try since I picked it up silly cheap in one of the sales in the past few months. Sometimes a good stabby-stabby is what you need to pick you up.

Just a quick shout to Cal. Good luck, man.

-Elwood Blues

No, seriously, it wasn't a low spirits thing, it was me coughing really hard until I got a piercing pain in my left temple. Looks like I'm still here and both hands are working, so a ok, I guess.

I approve of your passtimes, btw.

Maybe you just popped a vessel and is nothing to be concerned, either way go to a doctor. Now!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Suffering under feature creep and defects from a project a customer neglected to care about for 6 months and is now rushing it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra