What you did today

Rosbjerg

Today my sister said she was pregnant and it is'nt planned, wich makes me pissed off, because a) I hate kids, b) could've been avoided if she and her boyfriend took precautions and c) I don't know if she's actually serious or not.

Oh man, I have zero respect for people who have unprotected sex and then get 'accidentally' pregnant. Its so goddamn easy to avoid yet it still happens, it simply boggles my mind.  :facepalm: 

With much sympathy for your position, I would suggest that perhaps you're just not being presented with exciting enough options to have sex.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

With much sympathy for your position, I would suggest that perhaps you're just not being presented with exciting enough options to have sex.

I might be an instinct-driven mammal but NO situation could be so exciting that I'd forget taking precautions that safe me from screwing up my life forever. Its just too important. If there is one thing thats more important than absolutely anything else at all the times no matter what its having full control over my life. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

@Ros - I really like that blk/wht photo of the older man in the round hat. I find it happy/inspiring.

Shower soon, lunch with a friend, after which I'll do those errands I avoided yesterday (famous last words?), then more couch-flopping. All I want to do is half-doze under warm covers, lately.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know right. :) so I'll be going out in few minutes to celebrate my married friends birthday, let's hope she's not too wild tonight..

Also saw this and immediately thought of you LC hah.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15929-1375294727-0.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh man...if kittah's could be that big I could flop on their belly, listen to their rumbling purring and die of happy.

...in my errand hopping this afternoon (curse holiday season shoppers, curse them!) I realized what it is that I can't stand about places like K-Mart/Wal-Mart/whatever-mart. Around here at least, they all seem to have cashiers who take 10 minutes to process a single customer with 3-5 items. So there can be 3 people in front of you and by the time you get to the cashier yourself, 7 more have backed up behind you. I don't understand it. It's not rocket science. By the time I leave such a store I'm so annoyed I'm turning blue. :biggrin:

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh man...if kittah's could be that big I could flop on their belly, listen to their rumbling purring and die of happy.

I don't know about that. When cats lay their eyes upon something half their size, isn't their natural instinct to kill it faster than you can say "Mittens"?

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

But if you raised them from wee like we do now, and they just grew that big, they'd know it was you. Not that they might not accidentally kill you with a friendly paw-pat...

I'd be more afraid of their tongues, personally. Even if they were trying to give you a friendly smooch, those rough tongues they have, at that size, would probably flay you alive.  Even house-cats can lick a spot on your arm nearly raw if they have a mind to. :disguise:

"flop on there bellies" :lol:

And cats have such soft bellies that would be great

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gotta agree with Woldan, there are plenty of equally exciting things you can do if you don't have protection. A great sex life requires discipline ;)

And I'm saying that if you go right to the edge of ANYTHING you will inevitably fall over at one point or another.

I'm not denying there are shiftless halfwits making inadvertant babies. But I'm also saying that you can do the same from an excess of adventurousness, and a cavalier disregard for danger.

If the latter then I'm glad such people are having babies.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh man, I have zero respect for people who have unprotected sex and then get 'accidentally' pregnant. Its so goddamn easy to avoid yet it still happens, it simply boggles my mind.  :facepalm: 

What I did today: went to the shooting range and had so much fun, shot like a laser, my reloads worked like a charm, the wonderful smell of burned powder in my nose. Since my reloads worked so well I can now begin manufacturing a couple of hundred rounds for each rifle which gives me something to do on the coming dreary boring winter days. Today has been a good day.

Yeah, I don't have any respect for it either. It's not much hassle compared to either an abortion or 18 years of hell.

****s sake sis, why did'nt you go anal?! -.-'

How many rifles do you actually have?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hm, got a whole list of various tasks, errands, admin stuff and all sorts to deal with today. Kind of half-heartedly making a start on it but finding the enthusiasm wildly lacking.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

How many rifles do you actually have?

The exact number is: not enough.  :>

It does'nt stay liquid for long though, according to Wikipedias Mars page under hydrology;

"Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars due to low atmospheric pressure, except at the lowest elevations for short periods".

Aha, ok. But what is this stuff that seems to be oozing out of the rocks and forming small streams? I mean those NASA guys always say its probably water even though its not possible.

Alien goo?:w00t:

Edited by Woldan

The exact number is: not enough.  :>

Aha, ok. But what is this stuff that seems to be oozing out of the rocks and forming small streams? I mean those NASA guys always say its probably water even though its not possible.

Alien goo? :w00t:

Haha! Let's hope it's Elerians if that is the case! ;)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Had an early morning for the office today. 5 am... and I'm usually one of the night guys.

At least I didn't wake up to my cat purring/stuffing his nose in my ear. It's a little disturbing to feel that. Although he has been more talkative (in between absolutely destroying my carpet and sleeping while hating me for even thinking of cuddling)

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

According to my scale I broke the 100kg weight mark today. Since I don't find any additional fat on me that must mean my new training schedule is finally paying off.  Yay. And there is still tons of things that can be improved.   :)

"So this needs to be done, and this, and this. Oh and while you're doing this other thing can you also go out and do something else."

:banghead:

And I'm saying that if you go right to the edge of ANYTHING you will inevitably fall over at one point or another.

That's true - and I think (hope) everyone would be lying if they said this never happened to them, but it just seem to happen a lot to some.

Also it did go a little crazy last night.. That couple is insane - but fun.

Fortune favors the bald.

Mild depression day today. Some anhedonia. Meat just not interesting. White bread tasty. Wonder if my taste buds have just inverted.

Laughed a lot at the radio sitcom Cabin Pressure.

Killing gnazis now.

EDIT:

The little kid next door has learned the F word and has REALLY impressive lungs on him. I know it's juvenile, but I do find it hilarious.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Delved into the darkened depths of the attic to retrieve sundry Christmas decorations, of which I've been putting up in doses through the day between various other tasks. Not feeling the Christmas spirit, so much as slightly light headed and disconnected as I've been running around and juggling it all.

Pondering on bills, presents to wrap, and why the spaniel has decided of late to keep running into my room, digging my sheets back and burying itself into my pillows.

Also, the cat has had a very fun day. boxes to jump in and out of and dance along. Christmas tree to wind around, sniff at, pounce at lower branches and lick at, along with nibbling of power cables.

Edited by Raithe

I don't know what that means, but congratulations.

I'm having trouble staying motivated to study in the evenings after work. Anyone have experience with beating post-work lack of energy leading to procrastination and how to beat it? I am aware I'm asking this on a game forum but it's worth a shot. :p

I don't know what that means, but congratulations.

I'm having trouble staying motivated to study in the evenings after work. Anyone have experience with beating post-work lack of energy leading to procrastination and how to beat it? I am aware I'm asking this on a game forum but it's worth a shot. :p

Running a liquidation bankruptcy.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Went for an hour jog. Currently at work and thinking of ways to spend the next few hours, as I have no real work to do.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's slightly disconcerting to have a phone call with someone, and just as you're about to hang up find that you've got a bloody nose. :blink: