What you did today

Rosbjerg

Having the least productive week whole year. No cases, really, just a bunch of small stuff that should be taken care of. Boored. Also going to spend the weekend doing job applications >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haha, got the equivalent of a writ of certiorari (ie. my case accepted on the Supreme Court's docket). :D

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 2

Got a busy weekend ahead. Tonight going for drinks with some of the woman's friends. Tomorrow me and her will be in That London living it up and then Sunday's at my brother's for the first Christmas of three. I've got Monday of, which is lucky, for verily I shalt be ruined.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Having a non-productive week due to a weird mix of procrastination and constant little things cropping up that seem to be sapping my time, effort and willpower away.

Woke up early for some reason, got to watch the light of dawn slowly creep in and fill my room while trying to get back to sleep.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Haha, got the equivalent of a writ of certiorari (ie. my case accepted on the Supreme Court's docket). :D

While self-quoting blinds, I am now:

like_a_boss.jpg

While this is playing (from 3:15 onwards):

• Like 5

Boss asked me to take one of the PDF forms we designed and turn it into a Word file, since the localisation firm we're hiring doesn't have Adobe CSS or Quark. Cue me looking up whether it was possible to adjust leading, kerning, and tracking using Microsoft Word.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Oh, and today I asked myself how Mars can have little streams of water on the surface if the atmosphere has 1% of the density of earths. Shouldn't it vaporize almost instantly? 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Not if it is cold enough, I guess? If it's cold enough I think that water holds together better despite the lower pressure.

I'm just purely guessing here though. :<

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah but its either cold enough to freeze (Mars got ice poles) or the lack of an atmosphere makes it boil. I don't think there is an in-between that keeps its stable so it forms little rivers. 

Jupiters moon Europa has a water geyser that creates a dust cloud of frozen water particles. If it was warmer I guess the water would simply vaporize. But flowing water without an atmosphere? 

I'm finished with finals. Going to work and meet some friends later tonight.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Mars does have an atmosphere though, even though it's barely there, it'd be enough I think. It's some pressure, even if it's low enough to make a human go "pop!". Aslong as it does'nt get warm enough to instantly vapourize the water. *Shrug*

Europa - from what I've been told - keeps it's water flowing with help of the tidal forces acting on the waters underneath the giant ice sheathe on the planet, and is basically getting heat from, well, friction I suppose.

I'm finished with finals. Going to work and meet some friends later tonight.

Did it go well?

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Mars does have an atmosphere though, even though it's barely there, it'd be enough I think. It's some pressure, even if it's low enough to make a human go "pop!". Aslong as it does'nt get warm enough to instantly vapourize the water. *Shrug*

Yeah but Mars is really just a tad above vacuum, in fact 1% or less of earths atmosphere density is labeled as ''trace gas'', and Mars' atmosphere density is 0,6%. I really doubt its enough to keep liquid water from boiling.

The only way to keep water from escaping the planet or asteroid via vaporization is to keep it frozen, like the poles on Mars, or under lots of pressure. It can't turn into a liquid state without vaporizing in a near vacuum environment.

Gonna have to send this question to NASA.

I also want to ask them about artificial gravity created through centrifugal forces, it doesn't really work how its portrayed in Sci-Fi movies (Simply spinning a space ship etc.) Its much more complex and nearly impossible to do.

Anyway, today I found a little spider pendant a friend of mane gave me as a gift so I made a necklace out of it just for fun. I actually like it, though it makes me look like some sort of cultist. I guess it gives me +1 for my saving throws. 

Praise the spider queen! 

lolthchain_zps93084f16.jpg

Edited by Woldan

*login to bank site*
Get forced-view page - "Go Green! Turn off paper statements! Yes/No?"
*Press No* (repeat once or twice every month for a year or more)

*login to bank site*
"Congrats! We've switched you to paperless statements! Click here to view them!"
*find the tiny print link to "change back" and do that*
(repeat once a year or so)

Dear Bank: I appreciate that if my house burns down you'll still have many records of my financial habits for me to refer to (unlike the old days). But I still want paper, too. So all those times I press "NO?" Should give you a clue. Stop changing my preferences without my explicit permission. If you want to save stamp-money for your bottom line, stop sending me junk mail offers instead. Thanks.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been trying to complete my NPC for Pillars of Eternity. I had 3 A4 papers written down, but you don't get as much room on the pledge site to fit half of that in. This is very challenging, but in a good way. Even if he/she/if it turns out crappy, it's still exciting knowing that you'll see the character in an actual Obsidian game. I said I'd never put big money on a Kickstarter ever again, but if this turns out good, I might do a big pledge for Obsidian KS#2.

• Like 3

I still haven't decided on a memorial slogan. Of course, that could be partly because I haven't spent a ton of time thinking about it after the initial day. Serious or silly...that's what I can't decide.

If I had been able to create an NPC I'd probably have created a talking cat, to ensure there would be at least one cat in the game, which Obsidian would then have likely laughed at and written to politely ask me to make a real NPC. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have no idea what I'll write on my memorial. Totally clueless.

That's why I decided to stay at my original 250 level, when I was reviewing my pledge today. Just threw in an extra t-shirt... :/

I'd guess one doesn't have to have a memorial - eg, I might just forgo it altogether. I'd rather not 'claim' the reward then put in something weaksauce because I can't think of anything I'd like. :lol:

And currently about to do some errand-hopping, then dinner making, then probably couch-flopping whilst a cat licks my face and chews on my hair. Feeling unmotivated and brain-dead today. Even gaming requires too much thinking. Heh.

Edit: oh what the heck...screw those errands. And the stack of paperwork and forms I've been neglecting. And the dirty laundry. I'm starting my couch-flopping now. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

Getting woken up in the early hours of the morning by a large dog bursting into your room, leaping onto your bed, and landing on sensitive areas does not make for a good start to the weekend...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah but Mars is really just a tad above vacuum, in fact 1% or less of earths atmosphere density is labeled as ''trace gas'', and Mars' atmosphere density is 0,6%. I really doubt its enough to keep liquid water from boiling.

The only way to keep water from escaping the planet or asteroid via vaporization is to keep it frozen, like the poles on Mars, or under lots of pressure. It can't turn into a liquid state without vaporizing in a near vacuum environment.

Gonna have to send this question to NASA.

It does'nt stay liquid for long though, according to Wikipedias Mars page under hydrology;

"Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars due to low atmospheric pressure, except at the lowest elevations for short periods".

Today my sister said she was pregnant and it is'nt planned, wich makes me pissed off, because a) I hate kids, b) could've been avoided if she and her boyfriend took precautions and c) I don't know if she's actually serious or not.

Realized just how crazy my hangout bar is - they were holding a "Dusk till Dawn" theme party last night and suddenly strippers with snakes came in and gave free tequila shots. While this crazy Mexican themed rock band was just going insane.. I was half expecting them all to be vampires, it was pretty spot on.

My favorite part was that all the old time rockers came 'round and partied hard.

1503954_211241535726763_1143255595_n.jpg

bad picture of her, but you get the idea

1488327_211241725726744_381138567_n.jpg

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Today my sister said she was pregnant and it is'nt planned, wich makes me pissed off, because a) I hate kids, b) could've been avoided if she and her boyfriend took precautions and c) I don't know if she's actually serious or not.

Oh man, I have zero respect for people who have unprotected sex and then get 'accidentally' pregnant. Its so goddamn easy to avoid yet it still happens, it simply boggles my mind.  :facepalm: 

What I did today: went to the shooting range and had so much fun, shot like a laser, my reloads worked like a charm, the wonderful smell of burned powder in my nose. Since my reloads worked so well I can now begin manufacturing a couple of hundred rounds for each rifle which gives me something to do on the coming dreary boring winter days. Today has been a good day.

Edited by Woldan