Breakdown of VIP badges

I hope, I allocate my money for the right purpose. ;)

But I think, the gold backers are the students of the nineties - now in jobs with good earnings and with nice memories of old days of computer gaming and adequate pocket money to recall this memories.

Edited by Don-Esteban
  • Like 1

Chief editor of World of Gothic, the (unfortunately for this audience) German Gothic community since 2000.

But I think, the gold backers are the students of the nineties - now in jobs with good earnings and with nice memories of old days of computer gaming and adequate pocket money to recall this memories.

I gave a gold level pledge for Torment: Tides of Numenera.....that Kickstarter hit me a lot harder in terms of nostalgia.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

Me too, me too.

But than they decided, to make the of them so-called spiritual successor of Planespape: Torment of all things with a turn based fighting system. n015.gif

I can see the frustration but I've always been one that cared all about the story, choices and consequences to the point that combat and gameplay was nearly inconsequential to me. The first two Fallouts were turn based iirc and besides I thought they made a decent effort to address the concerns regarding the weaknesses and failures of turn-based combat.

Edited by Darth Trethon
  • Like 2

1zq6793.jpg

Well, it makes a lot of sense the backers with the most trust and interest in Obsidian's games would also frequent their boards.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think you probably have a good point here, although I can only wish I were young enough to be considered a student of the 'nineties'... :p

Eh I am far older than the 90's (not that I am a day over 25) and my job pays fine.  It is still just a video game though and I don't want to invest in Obsidian I just want to make a decent charitable donation that helps them get this game going.

Originally I only pledged 40$ on Kickstarter (20 the game, 20 expansion) But with the Backersite I upped to the 140$ level for the CE and TShirt.... I would have back then, but money was short.

I spent a good portion of my youth playing games, so it was kind of a nostalgia thing for me, like with wasteland 2 and torment, or the leisure suit larry kickstarter.... Oh man I am getting old.... :-D

I'm wondering what's the point of green ks badges, shouldn't anyone have at least a bronze one?

Nothing more than "I backed it under Kickstarter" (also, IIRC, the KS bonuses are somewhat better than the "retail" bonuses for the various tiers -- nothing major, just an extra item or two, e.g. 2x or 3x digital game keys on top of the "boxed version" instead of 1 or 2.)

Edited by neo6874

I'm wondering what's the point of green ks badges, shouldn't anyone have at least a bronze one?

Nothing more than "I backed it under Kickstarter" (also, IIRC, the KS bonuses are somewhat better than the "retail" bonuses for the various tiers -- nothing major, just an extra item or two, e.g. 2x or 3x digital game keys on top of the "boxed version" instead of 1 or 2.)

"I pledged to PE before it was mainstream."  :disguise:

:p

• Like 1

Not having the green K badge means someone backed after the KS campaign ended and wasn't part of the group of people that made it all possible....the ones that made the Kickstarter campaign successful and without whom we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It may seem redundant but I like it.

1zq6793.jpg

Not having the green K badge means someone backed after the KS campaign ended and wasn't part of the group of people that made it all possible....the ones that made the Kickstarter campaign successful and without whom we wouldn't be having this conversation.

They might not have backed after the KS campaign. I donated during the campaign, though I did so through paypal because kickstarter didn't like me for some reason.

I decided to forego my Green KS Badge. I could get it if I wanted to but much rather be without it. It makes my posts too long as well.

They might not have backed after the KS campaign. I donated during the campaign, though I did so through paypal because kickstarter didn't like me for some reason.

If you backed on PayPal but during the KS campaign you can try sending a PM to Fionavar.....I think you'll still be able to get the K badge once the date of your pledge is confirmed....because you backed during the KS campaign and your pledge counted towards stretch goals and mega dungeon levels and all that.

1zq6793.jpg

I'd actually prefer to have an option to turn them off.

You can PM Fionavar and request to have your badges removed if you really want. Someone else did that. But there's no way to just hide them. Still....I like the badges.

I'd like to hide them myself, the K anyway.

But now it's kind of a choice of either always carrying your medal around or tossing the silver star into the dumpster.

Rather have them visible on the profile page but not on every post.

Nevermind, I'll survive this as well. Nietzche's poster boy.