Are guns still in?

After checking out the trailer I couldn't detect anything that looked like firearms - it all looked like pretty traditional swords&sorcery stuff to me.

Does this mean guns have been dropped? Personally I hope so as I don't like tech getting into my fantasy...

Next time Obsidian puts out a two minute video, they should be careful to ensure that any and all game features are represented in it. I mean, seriously. The nerve of these guys!

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

After checking out the trailer I couldn't detect anything that looked like firearms

Not that I don't understand anyone not noticing them - because they're on-screen for all of about 1 second in a quick camera pan - but they are in the teaser trailer. :)

teasertrailerguns1.jpg

• Like 14
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The real question is can you whip someone's pistol from their hand?

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a.44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Really like the look of the game so far..Hey guys first time poster long time kickstarter back when the party was on lol..Any how what you going to own a +4 gun of smoke or some thing..See to me guns are not fantasy genre..How ever they do look sharp..Just don't think they belong in a game like this but as I said can live with it..

The real question is can you whip someone's pistol from their hand?

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a.44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Well, given the technology level, this would have to be changed to something like:

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire 1 shot, or 1...?"

• Like 1

After checking out the trailer I couldn't detect anything that looked like firearms

Not that I don't understand anyone not noticing them - because they're on-screen for all of about 1 second in a quick camera pan - but they are in the teaser trailer. :)

teasertrailerguns1.jpg

I feel bad for the party Rogue* (the one with the hood) :/ he's about to get sliced underneath his armpit by his teammate unless he does a downwards or diagonal slash...**

* Though I do not see a weapon so... unarmed Monk perhaps?

** I don't expect to see Eternity have that sort of detailed animation or similar though. I would love to see it but yeah ^^ when the Ogre smashes down with his large club it'd be awesome if the character would "react" accordingly instead of just "Oh I'm 0% Health, I'll lie down now".

P.S. The ** is just a dream, it's not something I think Obsidian has enough economy to pull off but yeah, a realistic animation reaction to hits and attacks and all that would be awesome. Like, if the Ogre smashes down with his club, and it's a Graze, the character would perhaps take a hit but be knocked back too. If it's a Block, you'd see the character parry or something. If it's a miss, the character would dodge, and if it's a straight on hit you'd see the character get smashed down.

I wonder when a studio will attempt something like this.

Well, given the technology level, this would have to be changed to something like:

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire 1 shot, or 1...?"

How about this?

I know what you're thinking. "Did he roll a natural 20 or not?"

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Oh there's guns in the game? This is cool, it's like "Hey, let's get Arcanum all up in this ****". I like.

The main question, however, is: Can we fight with a gun in one hand and a sword in the other? Because that's the raddest thing.

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

Oh there's guns in the game? This is cool, it's like "Hey, let's get Arcanum all up in this ****". I like.

The main question, however, is: Can we fight with a gun in one hand and a sword in the other? Because that's the raddest thing.

Rad?

I remember using that word, like in 1986.

P.S. The ** is just a dream, it's not something I think Obsidian has enough economy to pull off but yeah, a realistic animation reaction to hits and attacks and all that would be awesome. Like, if the Ogre smashes down with his club, and it's a Graze, the character would perhaps take a hit but be knocked back too. If it's a Block, you'd see the character parry or something. If it's a miss, the character would dodge, and if it's a straight on hit you'd see the character get smashed down.

I wonder when a studio will attempt something like this.

Sui generis is attempting it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOzmyED5qA#t=603

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqaRqih7Cuw

Edited by motorizer
  • Like 2